final--

sway my way (i need to know all about you)

“…you have a girlfriend.”

“Yup.”

“…okay—so, when did you, Min Yoongi—“

“Look, here’s the thing.” Yoongi says, pausing in the middle of the walkway so Hoseok would at least take him seriously. “She was my buddy and now she’s my girlfriend.” Yoongi looks so proud of it, a smug grin on his face as he continues walking, Hoseok stalling for a moment before following.

Hoseok is pretty much getting a mild headache. “Wait—so, how? I mean, you weren’t seeing someone and now you’re telling me you have a girlfriend? Who was your fu—oh.” It wasn’t that hard to figure out, with Yoongi gone and out of his apartment for the most part of the semester, or the year, and his lame excuse of ‘slept in’ whenever his friends would call to hang out and he wouldn’t reply for confirmation. Slept in in someone else’ apartment, a bed that is not his, with a girl he refused to have feelings for.

Though Yoongi tells them he’s going to someone’s place, he never really told them who it was or how are they related. His friends didn’t care enough so they didn’t pry further. But Yoongi feels the need to tell them now, because it’s obviously necessary. Ever since getting together with Jimin he feels the lighter weight of the burden he used to carry. He feels a lot happier now that he no longer has to deny it to everyone including himself.

He smiles a lot more to himself now, and this, Hoseok surely noticed. “You seem happy.” He comments, happy that Yoongi’s life is going well. Yoongi used to have a temper (mostly because he’s just frustrated with himself because he couldn’t build up the courage to just confess) but now he’s easy, even replying to the group chat every now and then, meeting with his friends during his free time when he’s not at Jimin’s.

“I am.” And it’s genuine—he says it with a smile. “, this is so cheesy.”

“Chill, man. It’s alright. I guess somebody can actually tame you. I’m glad.” Hoseok says, patting Yoongi on the shoulder as they enter their building. They have class ‘til six in the evening and it’s not even starting but Yoongi wants to get out and run to Jimin’s apartment, kiss her hello, maybe sleep over when he’s feeling extremely lazy to leave for the night.

“Well,” Yoongi just says with a shrug—a really giddy kind of shrug. Alright now Min Yoongi doesn’t get giddy. Hoseok might be actually convinced that somebody had posessed his friend if not for that fact that he’s totally in love and his life is coming together well.

Hoseok is happy, but it’s weird seeing Yoongi like this, so he does the most rational thing and walks faster, leaving Yoongi alone.
“Hey!”
 


 
The café isn’t that packed at this time of the day. Taehyung would normally spot Jimin amongst the few people crowding the place because she’s usually in a bright floral dress, but this time Taehyung’s having trouble locating her friend. Jimin never stays put in one spot, says that it’s unfair because what if other people have that spot? (well, that was seriously stupid but whatever). So Taehyung finally locates her but the thing is that she’s not in a floral dress—she’s in Yoongi’s COMME DES DOWN shirt and jeans and this is honestly a travesty. Jimin is probably the most heteroual female that Taehyung knows, always wearing the girly stuff. 
Seeing Jimin wearing a tshirt outside of her apartment is mind-baffling and with that kind of shirt no less.

“I think you’re Jimin, my friend, but I might be mistaken—“ 

Jimin actually laughs, a soft giggle that has Taehyung giggling, too. “So what’s the deal with this—“ Taehyung gestures wildly to her outfit. “—this…this thing!” She picks at the sleeve of Jimin’s shirt, looking so horrified and Jimin is amused with everything that is happening as of the moment.

“I know, I know. But I got too tired to dress up. And I’m just meeting with you, so…” Jimin shrugs it off. Taehyung drops the matter at hand when Jimin suddenly produces her regular order out of somewhere. “My treat. I knew I’d give you the shock of your life.”

“You’re the best.” Taehyung says. The white mocha is lukewarm now but none of that matters. “So…what’s the deal? Why am I meeting you today? You could have just texted me.”

“Alright, one, you’re my best friend, and two, I have a boyfriend.” Jimin says, careful not to drop the boyfriend while Taehyung’s sipping on her drink. A lot of embarrassing things had happened in the past that included wet tables and wet faces and Jimin doesn’t want a very Taehyung-esque commotion now. Not today.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“Well, I never really told you guys but…I’ve been…” A sigh. “…sleeping with someone this past year.”

WHAT!” So much for avoiding commotion. The whole café is staring right at them and Jimin hides her face in her hands, bowing apologies to everyone around. “Jimin, what the hell—“

“I know, but please, can you shut up for a bit and listen to me?”

Taehyung’s internal struggle is real. She’s having a hard time controlling herself, this Jimin could tell, because who makes the stool shake that much. “Alright, buddy, that’s what he was. I guess…we got together now. With feelings and all.”

Taehyung wants to punch Jimin’s left . “How could you hide that thing from me?” For a moment, she looks upset, but Taehyung is not Taehyung without her wanting to hear every juicy bits of the whole story. She watches Gossip Girl for a reason.

“Well…for one thing, it was inconvenient, you know. He was just a buddy. Had I told everyone it will just ruin anything. But last week we kind of…”

“ed with feelings?”

“…the words are got together, but thanks, that was helpful, too.” Jimin says, feeling somewhat guarded because it seems like Taehyung was judging her. How dare that . “Are you judging me right now, Tae? Cause you know I would have told you if—“

“Jeez, chill out. I was just surprised because you? With a buddy? I thought you were some self-proclaimed , Jimin-ah~” Taehyung teases. Okay, that was a drunk statement two years ago. Taehyung will never Jimin live that down. “But whatever! How did you two meet?”
 



 
Jimin never liked studying inside her apartment. Besides the too many distractions aka her bed and her collection of magazines, it was lonely. She didn’t like being alone, but she couldn’t get a roommate either because her apartment is clearly fit for only one person and her parents are paying her rent so it’s not like she needed someone to split the bills with. In the library, she’s alone, but she has the company of the other students she doesn’t know so all is well.

Not many students go to the Ecclesiastical Section of the library, so only Jimin and a few other students who seriously wants some studying done only ever go there. It’s not packed, maybe four out of twenty tables occupied, but Jimin still tucks herself in one of the tables in the corner.

Halfway into her third hour, she’s barely studying—only highlighting the textbook she has and staring into nothing in particular. She’s brain-drained and probably needed coffee but the vending machine is so far away so she opts to just continue, resisting the urge to just go home.

A guy takes a seat in front of her, although a table away. Jimin’s eyesight is kind of bad but the contacts she has on gives justice to his face where the sunlight hits. He’s beautiful—black, undercut hair under a snapback, a plain white shirt, and tattered jeans. If anyone else wore it, it would have looked awful, but not on this handsome stranger. What’s strange is that he has nothing else with him except for a pair of headphones dangling on his neck.

Maybe Jimin stared too much, because a few moments later the guy is staring back at her, a smirk on his face as if saying ‘yes, I know I’m handsome, so keep staring’. Jimin breaks out of it, returning her eyes back on her book but her brain tells her otherwise. She’s trying so hard not to care but she’s also failing immensely.

She expects the guy to be gone, but a chair scraping away that sounds like it’s from her table pulls her out of her trance. “It’s rude to stare at strangers.” The guy takes a seat directly in front of her. He looks more handsome up close, smells fantastic, too. “I’m Yoongi.”

“I wasn’t staring, I just happen to notice you because I haven’t seen you around here before.” But Jimin doesn’t mention her name to him. Maybe playing hard to get will lengthen their encounter. Jimin jumps on any chance she can. After all, her last relationship was two years ago. She needed a new someone in her life. In the form of this handsome stranger maybe—this handsome stranger named Yoongi.

“I figured.” Yoongi says, mirth in his voice as he openly stares at Jimin’s face. “You’re cute. And really hot.”

Okay now, Jimin isn’t very much open to his much flirting. Or she wasn’t really used to. But he’s calling her cute and hot so who’s the real winner here?

Excuse me?” She tried to sound appalled, but if anything she’s rather flattered. She likes it when somebody compliments her for her looks. She’s worked really hard on her physique because she got teased a lot back in high school how she still had too much baby fat and acne. But now Jimin is a lot more confident, wearing dresses and heels and wearing make-up cause she’s now a confident woman and she’s not going to let anyone tell her otherwise. But back to the matter at hand.

“I said you’re cute and really hot. Like, really ing hot.” Yoongi says, staring somewhere lower and that’s when Jimin realized that her cleavage is on full display. She was wearing a cardigan, but since no one was here to see her she decides to shuck it off and then wear it back later when she’s heading out.

“O—kay,” Jimin feels a little self-conscious now, covering her cleavage with her discarded cardigan. “You are so weird. And maybe kind of a ert so--“

But before Jimin can finish her sentence, Yoongi grabs Jimin’s book and scribbles something on the open page. “Call me when you change your mind.” He says, smirking as he struts away pulling his headphones on. xxx-xxxx-xxx Min Yoongi—your future buddy.
 



 
“Okay that was kind of creepy.” Taehyung agrees. “He’s a ing ert!”

“He was! But…I do admit he’s really handsome. For me, at least. He’s not your type at all.”

“Why? Is he not tall, kinda-pale-slash-kinda-dark, and a med student?”

“No. He’s not Jungkook, Tae. He’s two inches taller than me, so ing pale, and a music student.”

“Oh.”
 




Yoongi was having the time of his life—or as much beer and free food can go. He’s happy in the company of his friends, joking around and teasing each other—especially Namjoon because he’s finally smitten with a senior Culinary student with s the size of Jupiter named Kim Seokjin. He argues that her jjo-sahm was the best. Nobody believes him though, it was definitely the s.

Yoongi gets a call from an unknown number at around nine in the evening. He likes to think he wasn’t waiting, but he was, all day. He’s fidgeting by the time it’s three rings in and his friends are forcing him to answer it because nobody likes your stupid ringtone—that was Namjoon. Please be that girl, please be that girl—“Hello?”

There was silence in the other line. But Jimin finally speaks. “Hey.” She tries swallowing the lump on . How could she be so nervous when he can’t even see her right now. “It’s me.”

, it’s her. In Yoongi’s mind, he’s dancing his happy dance--commence grandma dance with a lot of hands. He excuses himself to talk to Jimin in private, although private would only be outside the restaurant but whatever. Nobody pays attention to him because Namjoon’s face is Really Really Red right about now. “So you finally called. What made you change your mind?” Yoongi asks, and Jimin can practically hear the smirk on his voice.

“Just…you know. Why not, right?”

“Text me your address and I’ll be there in some time. Depends where you live.”

“Alright,” Jimin says, already regretting her decision. She texts him her address anyway.
 
 



So Jimin is going to have for the first time in two years. No big deal. She did it twice (okay, she was in high school) so she thinks she still knows how to function. But she’s nothing but in a pair of sweats and a tank top. She shucks the sweats off in favor of shorts. 
She’s been told she has killer legs, so might as well flaunt it in the person who wants to her.

Yoongi arrives in ten minutes, and Jimin mentally pats herself for having done some cleaning earlier. The last thing she wants is to have Yoongi thinks she’s irresponsible and lazy.

“I don’t even know your name.” Yoongi says by the doorway, looking impossible handsome.

“It’s Park Jimin.” She says, letting Yoongi in.

“Nice place.”

“Thanks, I guess.”

And Yoongi wastes no time in scooping Jimin into his arms, kissing the life out of her though his breath probably smells like samgyupsal. He thinks she doesn’t care because she’s kissing him back with so much fervor, tightening the arms she has around his neck.

Yoongi finds the bedroom because the door was open. Jimin’s bed is neatly arranged, but Yoongi thinks not for long because he and Jimin are crashing down on the bed, Jimin trapped underneath him. “Your legs are phenomenal, by the way.”

“I know. I’ve been told.” Jimin giggles, pulling her tank top off as Yoongi pulls his shirt over his head. He’s not that built, but he’s got enough muscles on his chest, but his tummy is too cute Jimin couldn’t help but to poke it. “Your tummy’s cute.”

Yoongi actually pouts. Jimin kisses it away and they get on to business.
 
 



“So now we both agree that the way you two met is certainly not normal, when do I get to meet this Min Yoongi who worships your body like a saint?”

“Now you’re just teasing me.” Jimin rolls her eyes at Taehyung but smiles anyway. “I’ll call you over for dinner when we’re all free.”

“Alright. Now you have to walk me to my dorm and tell me the rest of your capades~”
 
 



It’s been a week, and Taehyung still wouldn’t stop pestering Jimin about all of it. But Jimin tells her everything though, feeling like it was her obligatory task as the best friend. She was Katalking with Taehyung when there was a knock on the door, twice, then three times, and then once, like a code or something.

When Jimin opens it, it’s Yoongi—in a white buttondown and black jeans with his hair styled. He has a boquet of flowers in one hand and the other in his pocket. He looks nervous, and Jimin looks surprised with everything that is unraveling before her eyes right now.

1) Yoongi knocking was never a thing before.

“Hi?” Jimin says—or asks—because Yoongi is smiling shyly at her.

“Hey. Are you busy?”

“No. What’s up? What’s with this?” Jimin asks again, gesturing to Yoongi’s outfit and to the flowers. She couldn’t stand it anymore—so when Yoongi doesn’t reply, she pulls him down for a kiss he’s very much willing to reciprocate.

Yoongi pulls away first, smiling against her lips. “I’m taking you out on a date.”

“What?”

“Get dressed. We’re going out.” Yoongi insists, pushing Jimin inside the apartment gently. “Oh, and these are for you.” He hands her the flowers, a boquet of pink roses because he remembered when she mentioned it by passing.

“Oh my, these are lovely. Thank you.” Jimin says, giggling, as she disappears into her bedroom. Yoongi takes the liberty to set the flowers aside on the vase she keeps in the kitchen.

He waits outside patiently, smiling to himself because this is the first time he and Jimin are going out. As a couple. On their first real date—a date he has denied Jimin for a whole year.

Jimin appears from her bedroom wearing a baby blue dress—that kind of dress that Taylor Swift would wear. She looks cute, and Yoongi couldn’t take his eyes off of her. She wasn’t bearing any cleavage like she did the first time he saw her, but it doesn’t matter now. She looks really beautiful and so Yoongi tells her. 

“You look beautiful, Jimin-ah.”

Jimin actually blushes, the reddness of her cheeks burning through her blush-on if that’s even possible. “Thank you.” She says, taking the hand that Yoongi holds out to her. First time holding hands, Yoongi thinks, too. He can get used to this.
 



 
“…I didn’t know you owned a car.” Jimin eyes the silver Toyota Vios that is before her.

“I don’t. It’s my friend’s.” Yoongi says, opening the passenger door for her.

Jimin giggles, obviously pleased by all of this because they’re together now for real. He’s ed her so many times but Yoongi opening the door for her makes the surge of affection different than when he’s doing unimaginable things to her body.

When Yoongi rounds the car and takes his seat, Jimin teases him. “I didn’t know you were such a gentleman~” She says with too much eyebrows.

“Hey, only for you, right?” And they laugh together.

It doesn’t have to be anything big and super romantic. Jimin appreciates the little things. Yoongi will find out soon that him making an effort to just see her and even talk to her for five minutes when he’s extremely busy with life will make Jimin happy. Yoongi will find out soon that him letting Jimin cling onto his arm when they’re out in public will make her happy. Yoongi will find out that his bastardized attempt at cooking for her will make her happy. He didn’t need to make her come three times a night to make her happy. Jimin appreciates the little things. His laugh, his passion for music, his eyes, his gummy teeth, his fingers, his voice—everything about him makes her happy.

This night as the two of them hit the road to go the movies, Jimin is laughing at some lame knock-knock joke he told. She hits his arm lightly, telling him he’s dumb and that was a really lame joke, but she’s laughing so loud, so carefree and Yoongi is so in love and it made him think where was I all this time?
 
 



They both agreed to watch Jurassic World because apparently, this is Jimin’s first time going to the 3D theater. She’s so excited that she gets to wear the 3D specs and Yoongi lets her choose the popcorn flavor—white cheddar, and he pays for everything because he saved up for this, yes, and it’s his goal to make Jimin happy at the end of the day with this simple date.

Jimin ended up yelping whenever a dinosaur pops out but she did enjoy the movie and Yoongi had probably focused on the first half but all is gone when Jimin curls up to his side. But he did consume more than half of the popcorn.

She was buzzing by the end of the movie, all moving hands and awe. Yoongi just hums as she explains what part she liked best, and when she’s done she pecks Yoongi’s cheek. “Thank you for today.”

“No problem, but we haven’t had dinner yet.” He says, dragging Jimin to this really good Italian restaurant that Hoseok had recommended.

It couldn’t be possible that Jimin is even thrilled about her pasta and the pizza they decided to share, but she is, and Yoongi thinks it’s so adorable. He wishes he could capture this on video but it doesn’t matter. He probably won’t forget about this day even if he tried.

“Is it weird that I want to call you baby?” Jimin asks suddenly.

“Well, I guess it’s fine.”

“Okay then. Pose for me, baby.”

“Wha—“

“I’m posting this on Instagram. Give me your best face.”

And Yoongi’s best face is him squinting ily (that part was questionable) at the camera. Jimin doesn’t believe him but she posts it anyway and captions it “first date” with a lot of heart emojis.
 
 



Dinner was fun. It was also the first time they got to eat together while actually talking—about school, about life, about them. Yoongi keeps wiping the sauce off of Jimin’s lips because she’s getting them everywhere, so much for the napkins around, but she likes it better that way. It’s more intimate, more sweet that way, and Jimin does the same when Yoongi gets crumbs on the corners of his lips.

He walks her to her door, kissing her goodbye though he really doesn’t want to go. Yoongi kisses Jimin for a long time, soft and sweet, with his hands on her waist and Jimin’s hands on his shoulders like how a first-date-goodbye-kiss should be. It’s so vanilla—if Taehyung was there she would probably be cackling at them and calling them s. Jimin breaks away. “Do you really have to go? Can’t you stay the night?” She’s almost whining, it’s too damn cute.

“Can’t, baby. I have to return the car to Hoseok.” Yoongi sighs, pressing his forehead against hers. “I wish I can stay. I’d love to stay. Maybe tomorrow?”

“Okay.” Jimin finally agrees, hugging Yoongi one last time before they part ways. “Thanks for today. I had so much fun.” She mumbles against his neck.

“I wanted to make it special for you. It’s our first date after all.”

Jimin’s smile nearly breaks her face. So it’s not about the —clearly. For someone who is a hopeless romantic at heart such as Jimin, those things count—dates, affection, kisses, hugs, Yoongi figures. So he makes it a mission to always sweep her off her feet if he gets to see that beautiful smile today, tomorrow, next week, or for the rest of his life.









--
wow i finished this.