#5: Mishaps

Switched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What do you mean you can't rearrange the schedule, noona? Then what does that make me?!" Jungshin chingu said angrily over the screen.

 

We were having a Skype video call to address our ongoing dilemma and other matters. So far,the two are doing all the talking. I'm exhausted from rehearsing with CNBLUE and I'm certain that Yong oppa is close to passing out after the grueling hours of SNSD's practice. I should know because it took me awhile to get used to the stress. 

 

"Uh, a responsible nation's chingu?" Hyo unnie said casually.

 

"NOONA! Now is not the time to display your sense of humor! I'm serious here!" Jungshin replied, trying so hard to calm himself down.

 

"And so am I!" Hyo unnie answered back.

 

From the tone of their voices, it's a no-brainer that the rest of the conversation won't go as smoothly as I hoped for. 

 

"If you're as serious as you claim to be, then you should've done your part and arrange your schedules as we agreed on!" Jungshin continued.

 

"It's impossible for me to do so, Jungshin chingu!” Hyoyeon unnie said defensively. 

 

"And you think I had a walk in a sunshine-filled park when I asked my company to make adjustments in our schedules? I put my pride and dignity on the line, noona! I even promised to clean the CEO's toilet for a month just so he would say yes!" Jungshin said dramatically. 

 

Technically, that wasn't a lie. He really did bargain that he'd scrub the toilets or so but Han sajangnim just laughed it off saying it was unnecessary. Unlike what the public perceives, Lee Jungshin is FNC's favorite son, not Jung Yonghwa nor Lee Hongki. 

 

How could he not be? I mean, he's scandal-free, no girlfriends to worry about, doesn't date around frequently (if memory serves me right,he hasn't dated since debut), obedient, doesn't demand stuff, and etc etc.He's the perfect son every parent would dream of. Lee Jungshin is fully aware of this and that's why he often takes advantage of such knowledge to get what he wants. 

 

I could see Hyoyeon unnie's change in expression and guilt was written all over her face. I knew that she was getting carried away with the act and now a part of me feels guilty for not siding with my unnie. Jungshin chingu noticed it too that's why before I could exploit his lies, he kicked my shin a little too hard I almost hit his head. I glared at him but he just stuck his tongue out saying it's his hyung's body so I shouldn't be that concerned. 

 

"Look, okay. I'm sorry. I really am. But you have to understand that it's impossible for any last minute changes to be done in SNSD's schedule because of the Japan Arena tour.I can't just drag Yong seobang and sneak off to Jeju to meet some gypsy ahjussi." She explained.

 

"But we're not going to Jeju,noona! We're headed to Busan!" Jungshin nagged.

 

I recognized the look on Hyoyeon unnie's face and I knew that her competitive streak is back on. Lee Jungshin practically dug his own grave with the Jeju-Busan thing.

 

"Have you really done your part in the research? Earth to Korea's chingu! You're the one who sent me that file containing this ahjussi's whereabouts." Hyo unnie said, victory written all over that smile.

 

"What file are you talking about? I know nothing!" Jungshin replied. Is he really that dense to not recognize his upcoming demise?

 

"See! I told you Jung Yonghwa! Your maknae exerting some effort for research? Lol what a crap.It wasn't him who did all the snooping around and detective stuff but my maknae. Bleh!" Hyo unnie bragged to Yong oppa.

 

"But at least my maknae was able to do something about the schedule unlike a certain someone!" Yong oppa retorted.

 

I can only imagine Yong oppa make face and possibly annoy my unnie further by stucking his tongue out. Since the swap reveal and acceptance, those two have done nothing but argue. Though Hyo unnie proved to be a huge help in this situation, it's also undeniable that things became even more hectic, not to mention, chaotic. 

 

What was I thinking, leaving two chodings on their own? I pray to God that they haven't wrecked havoc on my body. If I see a bruise or even a tiny scratch, I'll make them pay for it by throwing away their junk foods and replacing it all with herbal snacks.

 

"It doesn't matter who did the research, because in the end, Hyoyeon noona couldn't do anything about the schedules!" Jungshin butted in angrily.

 

"I'd have to move heaven and earth before SM allows that to happen Jungshin chingu! Not to mention, the hell they'll let me go through before giving that coveted "yes." Have you forgotten the fact that I told you I'm on probation? I can't get on their bad side right now and if you want me in on this crazy getaway plan of yours then you have to at least be considerate!" She fired back.

 

"So, uh, what should we do then?" Yong oppa asked, not sure if it was out of boredom or concern. Possibly the former.

 

"I don't know? Wait until SNSD's tour ends?" Hyo unnie shrugged.

 

"Unnie! It'll take two more months before the concert series come to a conclusion!" I cried.

 

"It's just two months, Seohyun-ah. Can't you bear with it a little longer? What's so bad about being inside Jung Yonghwa's body? Oops. No double meaning or pun intended.” She said kiddingly.

 

"What's bad is I can't even pee without holding his uh, whatever and I just can't unnie! This entire switch is absurd!" I replied, trying to sound as desperate as I can in hopes of getting her to sympathise with me.

 

"Hyunnie,just think of this as an extension of your fantasies..." she giggled.

 

Extension...extension of my what? Fantasies?! What the! Is this really my Hyoyeon unnie talking out loud? Is she forgetting that there are two men present right now who heard every single word she just said? How could she just randomly blurt it out like that! We're not confined in the safety of our room in SNSD's dorm where all girl talks could occur!

 

"YOU! How dare you! Stop polluting my unnie's mind!" I pointed my finger at Yong oppa angrily.

 

"Me? What did I do? Your unnie is old enough to come up with her own conclusion. Besides, it's not like she's lying so..." He said.

 

How dare he, say such a thing?! Okay, granted that I do drool over his newly buffed body once in a while (before and after the switch) but that doesn't mean I go around telling people that. Does he not know the concept of "embarrassment?" 

 

"Just admit it Hyun. After all, I really do love your long, slender, flawless legs...." he teased as he ran a finger from my waist to my ankle in a suggestive way.

 

"HOW DARE YOU! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME YOU FREAK!" I shrieked. 

 

Hyoyeon unnie decided to help by slapping Yonghwa oppa's (or my) arm and slightly pulling his ear (or my ear; ugh i feel so battered and I'm not even in my own body yet) but not before laughing and encouraging him to prolong my agitation.

 

"Can we get back on track here? Hello! Just in case you all forgot we still have an agenda to solve!" Jungshin chingu flailed his arms frantically.

 

"Seohyun-ah, I hope you understand and I'm sure you do but it really is impossible for me to do something about SNSD's Japanese promotion schedules without the producers flipping a table." Hyo unnie explained.

 

"Can't you call in sick or say you have an emergency? Please?" I begged.

 

"Tried that already but it didn't work. Let's be real, Hyunnie. I'm not the company's favorite maknae who could use up her aegyo to get what she wants." She laughed.

 

"I thought the company's favorite maknae is Sulli?" Jungshin whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

 

"Dude, no. It's yours truly." I said proudly.

 

"Hello? We're supposed to be having a serious conversation here!" Yong oppa said.

 

"Psh. You're just jealous because your maknae can cuddle up to my maknae. Insecure namja." Hyoyeon unnie .

 

"Me? Insecure? Yeah right. Why would I be jealous knowing that Seohyun is in my body? Lee Jungshin would puke his guts out before he even makes a move considering the idea that cozying up to his hyung disgusts him." He said.

 

"Hello? We're supposed to be having a serious conversation here!" I said sarcastically, mimicking what he just said a minute ago.

 

"I used up every excuse I had on my diary and even consulted with other chingus and friends, but still, SM won't budge. I'm pretty much powerless at this point" She admitted.

 

"Then why don't you let him do the talking? He's in my body anyway. All he has to do is act cute. It works every time.” I said, referring to Yonghwa oppa who doesn't seem to be amused.

 

""HE" has a name and it's Jung Yonghwa. Forget that option, Hyun. Hyoyeon forced me to do that already and nothing good came out of it." He sighed, annoyed with the memory of what he could've done to convince the company.

 

"Oh Hyunnie if only you saw how terrible he was at aegyo you'd be unsurprised to see why SM reinforced stricter rules not to let us go!” She laughed hysterically. 

 

"Anyway, I think we're pretty much limited to that option. I can't possibly go back to the head office to insist on the request. My ears will no doubt fall off with the endless lectures about maintaining Soshi's image, refuting discord rumors, the OT9, OT8, OT whatever crap." She continued.

 

Please don't tell me she's actually considering this...

 

"I really think it's for the best..." she added when I gave no response.

 

She really is considering this! But why!

 

"What do you mean it's for the best Hyoyeon-ah? Ya! I..uh..I LOOK LIKE THIS!" Yong oppa screamed in panic.

 

"HEY!" I shouted, feeling insulted over his action.

 

"So? I don't see anything wrong with what you look like. You're still pretty much ogle-able, if that word even exists." She said upon quick inspection.

 

"Yep. Still the perfect maknae of So Nyuh Shi Dae." She reassured while giving a thumbs up. I could see Jungshin chingu do a facepalm.

 

"There's no such thing as "perfect" with those hideous pimples Yong oppa managed to land on my face!" I whined.

 

"Dude, how in the world did you do that? You landed a zit on her face? Omo, Jung Yonghwa-sshi. You are soooo not going to hear the end of this!" Hyoyeon unnie nearly collapsed from laughing too much.

 

"Yeah, thanks for the reminder Hyo, not that I even forgot about it in the first place. Need I tell all of you that it was unintentional?" Yong oppa said, bored and annoyed.

 

"What do you mean, unintentional?! You purposely skipped out on my daily facial care routines!" I nagged.

 

"And I'm on it, okay? I've been doing my best and so far your zits are no longer recognisable. Just say "thank you."" He ordered. 

 

"Well then, thank you, Yonghwa oppa!” I said sarcastically. 

 

"Ewww. I don't think I'll ever get used to hyung act so girly...it's just so...I can't even...puhahahahahaha!" Jungshin chingu laughed.

 

"Just you wait until I get back to my own body you punk!" Yonghwa oppa threatened, though all of us knew it was of no use.

 

"Wait...uh oh..." Jungshin suddenly said as he read something on his tablet.

 

"WHAT?! WHAT IS IT!" The three of us demanded.

 

"This.." 

 

I didn't let him continue as I snatched the device from him. I started screaming and hyperventilating upon reading the headlines:

 

 

CNBLUE'S JUNG YONGHWA TO ENLIST AT THE END OF THE YEAR

 

"An insider from FNC Entertainment confirmed that CNBLUE's frontman has indeed received his draft notice. He will be enlisting in the Airforce unit either by the end of the year or early next year, though possibilities are more inclined for the former. Other CNBLUE members are undecided yet if they too will enlist at the same time or if they would carry on with group/individual activities.

 

Jung Yonghwa, however, is determined to complete his mandatory service the earliest possible. He has discussed this with his bandmates who in turn, gave him their full support. 

 

UPDATE: FNC has responded and confirmed Jung Yonghwa's enlistment. Prior to that, CNBLUE will release a mini and full album as well as his follow solo album. He would focus on music and refrain from acting commitments..." Hyoyeon unnie read out loud.

 

This cannot be happening to me. Why? Why me of all people? Why now?!

 

"Why didn't you tell me?!" My voice nearly cracked.

 

"Tell you what?" Yong oppa tried to feign innocence.

 

"About this! Army? The airforce? And you doing it by the end of the year!" I shouted.

 

"Oh...that." He answered with a blank expression.

 

"Yes, this! Well? What do you have to say for yourself?!" I demanded.

 

"Nothing. What do you want me to say exactly, Hyun?" He asked me back.

 

"I want to know the reason why you didn't tell me about any of this." I replied.

 

"Why should I, tell you about my enlistment or so? We broke up, remember? Didn't think you'd actually care."  He shrugged.

 

Dammit. That stings. Ani. It hurts like hell to be reminded about our split by the same person actually involved in it. How could he even think I don't give a crap with it when he's leaving me for two years? Does he think I no longer harbour feelings for him? 

 

Has he forgotten those times I told him how much he meant to me and all? Just because we ended things horribly doesn't mean I no longer care and it sure as hell doesn’t mean I’m no longer in love with him, because if my bitterness were to speak for itself, it is very much obvious that I still am…in love with a guy named Jung Yonghwa.

 

"Why wouldn't I care when you're going to be gone for two years!" I blurted out without thinking.

 

"Why should you, Hyun? We're no longer a couple. WE BROKE UP. There's no reason for you to be all riled up because I'm ing certain my absence wouldn't matter to you anyway when my presence barely did." He said bitterly.

 

"Uh oh..bitter exes alert!Retreat! Retreat!" I could hear Jungshin chingu say, to which Hyo unnie responded with a fake scared expression.

 

Why does Yonghwa oppa keep reminding me about the breakup as if it's all my fault? It takes two to tango, you know. 

 

"And we're not friends either so I didn't bother." He added.

 

This oppa is really asking for it.

 

"Fine. We're not a couple. We're not even friends. We're just two people who happen to work in the same industry, is that it? Or would you rather prefer we refer to ourselves as strangers? You're right. Why should I waste my time caring about someone who is no longer a part of my life?" I jabbed at him.

 

I saw his fists shake from anger with what I just said. I know that he wants me to beg and admit that I was wrong and jump into his arms saying "I love you" like I always do. I know that I'm wrong and he too is aware that he made a mistake but to hell with it because right now, our prides have become walls safeguarding our hearts. I won't cave in that easily and I'm sure he shares the same thought as mine.

 

"Ooooh! This is getting good!" I could hear Hyo unnie say excitedly.

 

"Want some popcorn noona? See. I told you! Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun's a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter