#11: Epilogue

Switched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Epilogue

 

 

 

3 years later...

 

"Why should you be the one to hold her first?! I'm more entitled than you!" Hyoyeon accused Jungshin.

 

"You don't even know how to hold an infant, noona!" Jungshin reasoned out.

 

"FYI, my dream is to become a mother!" Hyoyeon argued. 

 

"Well you're not one yet and while you're waiting for that dream to be a reality, I would not risk handing over my niece to you!" Jungshin fought back. 

 

The two kept bickering and only when there was a knock on the door did they stop. Everyone looked at the door expectantly, only for their excitement to be deflated by the presence of Jonghyun and Taeyeon.

 

"Surprise!!!" The said with matching hand gestures, as well as balloons and some other baby stuff they got as presents.

 

"Where's the baby?! I want to hold her already!" Taeyeon asked, looking around.

 

"Ya, get in line shortie." Jonghyun nagged.

 

“Why don’t you get in line, you pale looking namja? I cancelled my overseas concert just to catch the earliest flight back here!” Taeyeon said.

 

“Ya, ya. You two. There’s no point trying to win this because I’m the one who has all the right to be the first to hold her!” Hyoyeon announced.

 

"You three can argue all you want but I'll be the first one to hold her and that's final!" Jungshin declared.

 

"Says who?" Hyoyeon challenged.

 

"Says me." Jungshin replied confidently.

 

"No one else is going to hold her but me…and Hyun of course.” Yonghwa interrupted. 

 

The four visitors took turns with their campaigns to which Seohyun dismissed with a laugh. She looked at her husband, telling him to handle the agitated and excited uncles and aunts. He pleaded back at her but she just stuck her tongue out.

 

"Hyun. You know how violent these people can be." Yonghwa whispered while keeping an eye on the four who are now engaged in an intense battle of rock, paper, scissors.

 

"Hey, not my fault you stole the spotlight when you fainted right after cutting our baby's cord!" Seohyun reminded.

 

"At least I got to cut her cord! There was too much blood around, what do you expect?" Yonghwa said defensively.

 

"I expected us to have a decent family picture after my delivery. Didn't you insist that we update our Instagram as soon as our angel is born? Besides, you were the one who dragged Fany unnie to be present and take pictures." Seohyun recalled.

 

"Which was a mistake because I looked like the one giving birth instead of you!" Yonghwa whined. 

 

Seohyun laughed at her husband's childishness as she tugged his collar and leaned in for a kiss.

 

"Eww! Ya! You two! If you plan on making Baby Number 2, then please! Spare us from such an indecent sight!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

"Speaking of indecency and hospitals, omo, you guys remember that time these two pabos woke up after the train accident? Them insisting they swapped bodies! Ah jinjja I'll never ever forget how hyung almost wailed like a baby because he no longer has s! Hahahaha!" Jungshin said, almost out of breath. 

 

"If only you could've seen the look on Seo Appa and Seo Omma when their only daughter kept saying something about being inside a man, feeling how hard it was, and her daebak expression while saying, "WOW!" Her appa nearly had a heart attack!" Hyoyeon recalled. 

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun sighed while laughing along. They've given up trying to convince everyone of what they thought was real. Surely, a dream as vivid as that can't be shared by two people? How was it possible that they were the only ones who remembered it? They tried to shrug it off but with every detail coinciding perfectly with the dream, then it must've been real. At least for both of them, they were fully convinced it did happen.

 

They didn't wait for the news outlets to publish their articles online. They confirmed the news themselves by posting a selca on a newly registered couple account the minute they got hold of a cellphone. It was a picture of him and her in their hospital gowns, with all the contraptions. They posted another one two hours later, with Seohyun on a bended knee position as Yonghwa placed the engagement ring on her finger while supported by crutches. 

 

It was chaotic, having their relationship & engagement confirmed on the same day, but not as what they all thought it'll be. The accident made the fans more understanding and considerate in accepting their relationship. There were a few crazies who tried to spread hate/malicious comments but thankfully, no one went as far as doing something extreme. 

 

As much as Yonghwa wanted to serve in active duty, his physical state ruled him out. He tried to file for a reconsideration but when he was rejected for the fifth time, he accepted the delegation with a public service position. It turned out a blessing in disguise as he was still able to help Seohyun out with the wedding plans and compose several songs for his label mates and other fellow artists. 

 

They got married two months after he was discharged. They took a hiatus from the industry as they embarked on their newlywed life. Sometimes, the thought about the "crazy dream" is brought to discussion. When they tried to argue that the roles they auditioned for were secured because of the "switch," their friends and family would bring out other proofs to counterfeit their claims. They only had their memories to back them up so they decided it was best to dismiss it as a joke (only when in front of others; they still believe the switch occurred). 

 

"You can all shut up now because I'll be the one to hold the baby first." Tiffany announced as soon as she got inside the almost crowded hospital suite room with Krystal and Amber.

 

The others(the rest of the gang who arrived along with the initial 4) glared at the new arrival as they all said,

 

"GET IN LINE." 

 

The arguments went on and Yonghwa tried to act as a referee but so far, has only been pushed to the side. When Minhyuk accidentally elbowed his eye, that was when he shouted and ordered the rest to keep their mouths shut and that he be the one to decide who holds his daughter first after him and Seohyun.

 

The room was filled with awkward silence and adults pinpointing one another for the new father's recent outburst. Seohyun tried to pacify her husban

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter