[2]

Wrecked

A hangover would have been a better option for Ga Eul. It wasn't that she liked feeling sick and throwing up and that , but it seemed to be a less embarrassing option compared to waking up in Song Woo Bin's bedroom.

She hadn't drunken too much that night but still it seemed her judgment was a little too clouded at the time. Maybe more than just a little.

She was alone when she had woken up, which she was grateful for. The awkward morning after was never something she liked to experience, especially now since her bedmate had been an acquaintance of hers.

Ga Eul was about to get up but stopped. She realized she was -, spotting her discarded clothes scattered around the room. Not taking the risk, she grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around herself before fetching her clothes. Her final piece of clothing was on just as the bedroom door opened.

"Oh, you're awake," Woo Bin muttered as he entered the room. "Are you ready to leave? I can drive you home."

She tried to shake off the awkwardness she was feeling. "Why are you being so nice?" Ga Eul questioned. She was surprised that he seemed to care. Surely he wasn't as kind to other women.

Woo Bin shrugged. "You are a friend," he uttered. "Rather, you are a friend of a friend. Besides, I don't think Jan Di would appreciate it if I were to make you walk home."

Ga Eul nodded. He was right. Although, she was sure Jan Di also would not be happy if she found out about what had happened that night.

She followed him to his car. The ride wasn't too long but it had been silent and a little uncomfortable. He had stopped just in front of her apartment building. She didn't even bother to ask how he knew where she lived.

"Uh, Woo Bin Sunbae," she muttered as she hopped out of the car. "Whatever happened last night—"

"It never happened," he said and she nodded. At least they were on the same page.

It was a Friday again but this time she had no plans for the night. In fact, Ga Eul was looking forward to just spending the rest of the afternoon at home reading the new book her colleague had suggested she read.

But before she could curl up on her couch, her phone rang. She checked the caller. Jan Di.

"Ga Eul, are you okay?"

Ga Eul sighed, not wanting to be reminded of it. "I'm fine," she replied. Except she wasn't fine. She was angry, confused, surprised and so many other emotions. Mostly angry.

The last thing she ever expected was for him to show up in the middle of class.

Now there were a lot of things Ga Eul regretted. Being such a naïve fool was one of them, sleeping with Song Woo Bin was another thing, but what topped her list of regrets was telling her students she had a boyfriend in Sweden.

She had lied to keep the single dads from hitting on her, but she never thought the lie would come to bite her in the later on.

"Sunbae, what are you doing here?" she asked when she finally got her class to settle down. They seemed to adore the young man whom they thought was their beloved teacher's boyfriend.

"Did you forget my promise four years ago?" he asked, looking genuinely surprised. Was she hallucinating or did he really look hurt? She dismissed the thought, telling herself that it was just her imagination. "I said that you would be the first person I would come to see when I return."

"I didn't know you were coming back today."

"That's because I wanted to surprise you," he muttered, a grin plastered on his face.

There was a time when his smile made her heart seem to flutter. She couldn't help but fall in love with him a little more every time he smiled at her. Not a smirk, but a smile that she thought he reserved only for the people close to him. Even now it made her heart melt…

Pabo! Stop thinking about his smile, she told herself. You're over him, remember?

"Do the others know that you're here?" She couldn't remember if Jan Di had mentioned anything of his return or anything. He had probably told Jan Di not to tell her anyway.

Yi Jeong shook his head. "No, they don't know yet," he informed her. "You are the first to know that I have returned to Korea."

Ga Eul felt her heart skip a beat. "Wow. I feel so lucky to be the first to know of your homecoming."

"As you should." He chuckled and Ga Eul couldn't stop her smile from reaching her ears. "I missed you, Ga Eul-yang."

Her smile faltered as he muttered those words. Shouldn't she have been happy that he had missed her while he was away?

No. She spent years convincing herself that he didn't care for her, telling herself she didn't care for his love anymore. What was he doing now? Worming his way back into her heart, that's what he was doing. She couldn't let him do that, not this time.

A pang of guilt hit her when she saw the hurt look in his eyes when she didn't reply right away. She looked away in hopes of finding a distraction. Her students were busy playing with each other and Ga Eul looked up at the clock.

"It's almost time for their parents to pick them up," she muttered. "I should get them ready."

Yi Jeong nodded. "I should also get going. I have other people to visit," he told her. He muttered a farewell and Ga Eul turned away from him and to her students.

It took a moment before she heard the closing of the door. She looked back and realized he was gone.

"Was that your boyfriend, teacher?" one of the kids asked.

Ga Eul forced a smile on her face and shook her head. "He's just a friend."

"But you look good together," another student piped in.

"Ya, how would you know? You're still young," Ga Eul replied.

"My big sister has a boyfriend so I know," the girl giggled.

Ga Eul rolled her eyes playfully. "He's not my boyfriend. Now, go and clean up. You're parents are coming soon."

The kids scuttled excitedly and Ga Eul chuckled as she watched them.

It didn't take long for the parents to start arriving and soon Ga Eul was back in her apartment. Which brings her here, to this phone conversation with Jan Di.

"He hadn't told anyone that he was back," Jan Di muttered. "And then when he did he came to you first. That must have been such a shock. Are you sure you're alright?"

Ga Eul nodded. "I'm alright. I'm a big girl now, Jan Di. I'm stronger now." Liar.

"Well, if you're sure…" She trailed off and Ga Eul could tell that there was another reason for the call.

Ga Eul decided to take the initiative and ask, "Did something happen?"

"I'm engaged."

"What?"

"Gu Jun Pyo proposed to me," Jan Di told her.

"Really? I'm so happy for you!" And she was. "This calls for a celebration. Wanna go out and hit the clubs tonight?" She could already see Jan Di shaking her head, but she figured it was worth a shot. She needed some alcohol in her system and maybe then could she relax about the Yi Jeong situation.

"No. Not with your friends," Jan Di said, though Ga Eul already expected this answer from her. What she didn't expect was Jan Di saying she was already going out. With the F4 and Jae Kyung. "You should come too," she insisted.

"I don't think that's a good idea," she replied. It was not a good idea for two reasons, and those two reasons were the womanizers in the group. The Don Juan and the Casanova. Ga Eul bit back a curse. She just had to get involved with those two. First she falls for the Casanova and then goes and sleeps with the Don Juan. Ga Eul was going to have to reevaluate her choices in life.

"I promise I'll keep you far away from him as possible," Jan Di muttered.

He's not the only one I'm worried about, she thought but Ga Eul weighed the options. To go or not to go. She needed the drink. "I'll go."


a/n: i'm also posting this story on FanFiction so if you find it there and it's by castergurl11 then it's mine