[1]

Wrecked

Chu Ga Eul was not drunk.

The nightclub was dimly lit and she hadn’t seen a familiar face yet. She and her old college buddies had just arrived an hour ago but it didn’t take long for them to disperse into the crowd. A few of them might have still been hanging out in the secluded section of the club, catching up for old time’s sake, but Ga Eul wasn’t planning on returning to them just yet. It wasn’t as if they minded – they had gotten used to her disappearing acts during these times.

The sweaty bodies and stench of beer surrounding her were the farthest things on her mind as she was lost in the beat of the pounding music the club was playing. She wouldn’t have had the confidence to be dancing if it weren’t for the slight buzz she felt. The alcohol in her system numbed her senses and she loved it. It was only during these times when she could really just let go.

Usually Ga Eul didn’t bother with dancing partners. They came and went as they pleased while she was stuck in her fantasy. A few times she would escape the club with one lucky guy and they would dance ‘til the night ended their routine of kisses and caresses. They never meant anything to Ga Eul – just random hook-ups that she would forget about eventually.

“Ah Ga Eul,” she heard one of her friends call out. She stopped dancing and headed toward the bar where he was standing.

“What did you want?” she asked.

He tried to look offended. “What? Can I not want to catch up with one of my best friends? Hey, aren’t you a teacher now? I wonder what your students’ parents would think if they ever find you here,” he said.

She rolled her eyes. “I don’t think they would find their way here any time soon,” she replied. “Now cut the crap. You spotted a girl and need my help, don’t you?”

He chuckled. “You know me so well.”

“Which one is she?” she asked. He pointed out a girl and Ga Eul just nodded. The girl didn’t look like she was used to coming to nightclubs. In fact, just from her looks she reminded Ga Eul of her younger self. The way she stayed close to her friends and avoided every other person’s gaze told Ga Eul that she was a good girl.

Ga Eul muttered some advice to her friend and he left without a “thank you,” which might have annoyed her a little bit. She didn’t like being pulled away from the dance floor so early in the evening.

She ordered a shot of vodka and downed it before heading back to her friends’ table.

“Finally decided to grace us with your presences, eh, Chu Ga Eul?” one of the girls seated at the table muttered.

“I’ve just decided to come and chat with you. There’s nothing wrong with that,” Ga Eul replied.

The other girl snorted. “Yeah, until you decide to run off with another stranger tonight. You’ve gotten tired of that, right?”

“’I’ll admit it’s been some weeks since I’ve gotten laid,” Ga Eul muttered with a wink.

The others laughed. “Does that mean you’re planning on leaving with someone tonight?” another girl muttered.

Ga Eul shrugged. “If anyone catches my eye.”

An arm was then wrapped around her shoulders. “Eh, you can always go home with me, Ga Eul-ssi,” one of her guy friends muttered.

“In your dreams,” she muttered, moving away from him. He held his hand over his heart as if offended as everyone else laughed.

“You wound me, Ga Eul-ssi.”

“Hey, at least your head still fits the room,” she joked.

They continued to joke around, laugh and drink until Ga Eul decided she wanted back on the dance floor. She had gone there with a few friends but soon enough they were lost in the crowd and Ga Eul was on her own.

She was lost in the rhythm of the song playing, feeling someone behind her. She paid it no mind as she continued dancing and hands started roaming around her body. Instinctively, she grinded onto the stranger as he placed strong hands on her hips. She arched her back, giving him access to her neck.

His closeness made her shiver as he placed soft kisses on her neck. She felt his warm breath trail up to the side of her face.

“Tell me, Miss Ga Eul, why have I only just discovered this side of you,” he whispered.

It took her a few moments to register the words and she froze. How did he know her name?

She took a deep breath before reluctantly turning to face the mysterious stranger.

Except, he wasn’t a stranger.

“Woo Bin Sunbae?”

The F4’s Don Juan just grinned. “So I was right. It is you.”

Suddenly their spot on the dance floor was too crowded and Ga Eul tried escaping to the bar. It didn’t take long before they both away from the maze of bodies.

“Wh-what are you doing here, Sunbae?”

“I should ask you the same thing,” he said, taking a seat on one of the stools. He ordered a drink – Ga Eul didn’t hear what – and offered to buy her one too but she refused his offer. He shrugged and took a gulp of the alcoholic beverage.

The girl crossed her arms in front of her chest and frowned. “There’s nothing wrong going out to clubs. You do it all the time.”

Woo Bin chuckled. “I didn’t mean it like that. Does Jan Di know that you’re here?”

Ga Eul nodded. Jan Di didn’t really like her college friends. Being the over-protective best friend she was, she didn’t approve of their night outs. She had been invited one time to party with them and Ga Eul might have let the alcohol influence her a little too much, resulting in Jan Di’s conclusion that they were no good. Of course, Ga Eul didn’t let her take control over her relationships.

Jan Di was probably back in her room, grumbling about how she should have convinced Ga Eul to stay in for the night.

Ga Eul knew the girl was worried about her new lifestyle but this was the way she chose to live now. It was a habit she wasn’t ready to break. At least, not yet.

“Why d you call me sunbae?” he questioned.

She shrugged. “You were once Jan Di’s sunbae,” she said. “It stuck, I guess. So, what are you doing here, Mister Mafia Prince?” She and Song Woo Bin had never really been friends, though they were acquaintances. It was a surprise really that he remembered her. It had been so long since she had been in contact with a member of the F4. They were really more Jan Di’s friends than hers.

“Same reason as you, I guess. To party.” He shot her a wink as he finished the rest of his drink. “Would you want to dance?”

She was startled by his question at first but then nodded. He grabbed her arm and pulled her to the dance floor.

She felt uneasy at first, dancing awkwardly right next to Woo Bin. It was like seeing him brought back memories of the other guy, the one who had left.

She shook her head. He was gone from her life. She wasn’t chasing after him any more like a love-struck schoolgirl.

Stop thinking of him!

It was as if the memory of him was what led to her behavior. If she were going to be honest, she didn’t even remember how all of this started. The drinking, the partying. Jan Di had blamed it on her friends but Ga Eul couldn’t help but feel that they were just the push she needed. It was all because of one So Yi Jung.

The next few minutes were a blur. She didn’t even remember how she ended up being pushed up against the wall. She was lost in the moment, his one hand on her waist as the other wandered up her skirt.

She wasn’t stopping him and she wasn’t sure if she even wanted to.

He broke apart from her lips to leave a trail of kisses on her neck. His lips found hers again, their tongues battling for control.

The hand on her waist moved upwards and a second later he was pulling away. She protested, brining his lips back to hers.

“Ga Eul-ssi, I think we should stop,” he muttered into the kiss but didn’t really pull away.

She pouted. “I don’t want to, Sunbae.”