Chapter 3. To Be Waiting

Language Change

I sit up with a gasp, my breathing heavy as my eyes snap open, my gaze flicking around the room and I fall back onto the pillow as a dizzy feeling sweeps over my body. I relax slowing my heartbeat down the beeping from beside me starting to annoy me and the nurse rushes in at the frantic pace the machine is beeping at.
I tune out of her words and sigh the words falling out of my mouth "when can II leave?" the words drawing a sigh from the nurse, "we just have to keep an eye on you but you may be able to leave late tomorrow if all goes well." 
A bright smile moves over my lips and I laugh in relief "Good I cant wait to get back home and hang out with my friends." A thought occurs and I speak again "they wont be able to understand me will they?" 
"Not unless they know korean." A frown moves onto my face, and I playfully joke trying  to lift my mood "I might have to move to South Korea faster than I had planned" I smile covering my sadness effectively just as my parents walk into the room, there faces confused as they heard some of my words and they seem to inquire about what I had said and the nurse seems to repeat my words in english. 

I look up from my thoughts as my parents hold a samsung phone out to me and I take it confused until I start it up and my eyes widen as its all set up in korean and I look up with a true smile and my fingers move quickly opening the playstore and searching for a translation app that will allow spoken words to be translated, soon succeeding and downloading it. I wait for it to be installed and opening it immediately saying to test it "감사합니다 엄마 아빠, 정말 감사(kamsahamnida umma appa, jeongmal kamsa)" and the phone speaks the translation at the tap of a button 'thank you mum dad, really thanks' I notice tears entering mums eyes and she leans over to cry on my shoulder her arms around me and I laugh slightly.

The Next Day.

Im trying not to bounce in the bed as the doctor and nurse walk in, the former speaking to my parents in english and the latter in korean to me translating what is said. A grin grows as the words are promising letting me out of the hospital. I hold back a cheer even though im instructed to return every day for a week. I stop paying attention too lost in joy.

 

Other POV

The parents speak about what would need to be done to transfer Nick to South Korea to finish school and as a result the hospital appointments needing to be changed to the different country. I stop translating as the Doc speaks "I would have to converse with the higher ups in both this hospital and the ones in Seoul itself but I should have an answer if its possible my the end of the week". Nick is obviously not paying attention anymore and he slowly stands walking into the bathroom to change into normal clothes the door closing.

Back to Nicks POV

The door closes and i shift my hand to start removing the horrible hospital gown before wincing and glaring at my hand an irritated look on my face and I open the door peeking out "Can someone take this bloody hand line off?" The nurse crosses over and gets cotton padding and a bit of tape to keep the padding on my skin. She takes the current tape off which held the line there, then presses the padding over the needle where it enters my skin and vein under it, pressing down as she slowly pulls the needle out, she holds it for a minute then puts the tape over it "all done."
I bow in thanks then close the door taking the hospital clothes off and replacing them with a comfortable shirt, hoodie, boxers and pants, all in plain colours of black or blue. 
I walk out keeping the phone in my hand "are we going now?" my phone chirping out the english version of my words making everyone laugh at my eagerness and the doctor gestures to go ahead and a smile flits over my face and I wait for my parents to lead the way since I dont know where they parked.

I follow them outside and to the car my movements a bit slower than usual but we soon reach the car and I slip in watching the familiar route home. After a time of watching building pass going into houses and a couple parks I recognise my street and hide my happiness as we pull into our driveway.
We all get out of the car and walk to the door and walk in, I smile slightly at the familiar surroundings and the two dogs run up, the smaller spinning in circles demanding to be picked up which the bigger wags her tail which thumps against the walls, I pick the smaller, fluffy dog up and stractches the larger at the base of her tail. I then walk to my room and lie on the queen sized bed the small dog running over my chest before she curls under my arm my wrist.

I slip my and the dogs bodies under the blankets and close my eyes slipping into a dreamless sleep.


Now im gonna start this when i find the need, I am intending for an EXO member to show up in the next chapter, tell me who you think it is, it could be anyone.
now thank you for the comments that my last two chapters got and im sorry i didnt update sooner i had work and when i didnt i was busy helping my parents get ready for their trip away for a week so im now home alone and we all know what that means- NO PANTS! and no shirt half the time aswell XD well please comment more and subscribe, upvote if you want every upvote might get a character cameo in any upcoming chapter since i write i go along, so cya