Did I Do Something Wrong?

Trip To BeiJing

A couple of weeks had passed and every other day, if not every day, MeiFang and YiFan spent time together (of course with MeiHua with them). They got closer and MeiFang's emotions got more jumbled and confused. Her logical side told her not to fall for him, having the consequences of being from a different country and even a different social background, but her heart and her emotions are telling her to be happy and enjoy what she had now...


I walk along side the lake, MeiHua at the edge and YiFan on my left. "Wow... Only one more week here until I leave with my new daughter..." I said solemnly, missing home, but not wanting to part from YiFan...Wait... No, I can't think like this. This won't become anything. Nothing will amount... Don't be stupid, MeiFang... I thought to myself. I sighed. Not like he would even like me to begin with... I shake the thought from my head and turn my attention to MeiHua, making sure she doesn't fall

"Yeah, time had flown by..." He whispered, but loud enough for me to hear.

MeiHua yawns and rubs her eyes. "Well it seems like she is sleepy. We should head home." I said. YiFan nodded and he drove us back to my place. He helped me carry MeiHua inside again and tucked her into bed. I walked him back out to his car. We didn't talk throughout the entire time... I wonder what is going on through his mind right now... We reach his car.

"...Thanks for taking us home... Uhm, good night." I say, reaching out for one of those one armed hugs (yeah, you know, the friend hug). But what I got instead was a huge embrace. YiFan had grabbed me and pulled me into him. Most people would have their heart racing when the person they like do this... But I felt so calm... So warm... So... Safe. It felt like this was just right... I didn't want to let go. I took in his scent and just stood there in his arms.

"I don't want to let go of you..." YiFan mumbled, rubbing his face into my hair.

"What did you say?" I looked up at him, not being able to hear what he said into my hair.

"Uhh..." He looks away and softly pushes me from his arms. The security is gone, leaving me to wonder if I crossed my boundaries. "I said, no problem... You should go inside, it's getting cold." He releases me and starts to go to his car. He gets in and unlike the other times, he just drove off, not waiting for me to get into the building... I didn't understand what was going on... It was such a sudden change...

I walked back into the apartment with a million thoughts going through my head. As I walked in, I hear little footsteps coming towards the door. "HuaHua-ah, aren't you supposed to be in bed?" As I said this, the little girl comes into my view.

"Mama, why're you crying?" She asked. I touch my face, feeling the tears that had unknowingly come out. Wait... Why AM I crying....? Oh... No... I really did fall for someone impossible... I get down on my knees and start crying, realizing my feelings and knowing that they won't be returned. My daughter comes running up to me and pats my back and hugs me. "It's okay, mommy. Don't cryy." She sniffles. "Mommy, don't cryy." She then herself starts crying, pulling me out of my selfish acts.

"Ah, HuaHua-ah. It's okay. Look mommy stopped crying, you should stop crying, too." I say, putting on a smile. "Let's go get ready for bed, okay?" She looked at me skeptically and nodded. We get ready for bed and I put her to sleep. I lay there, thinking about what happened with YiFan... I can't get myself worked up over this... You have MeiHua to think about... Plus these emotions can be from you not having them in so long after your break up from over a year ago... After that break up, there was absolutely no one that you felt this way towards... Maybe it is just you being deprived... I tried to comfort myself, trying to think of logical explanations as to why I'm behaving this way. But even with all of the logic, I knew deep down inside, that I really did like YiFan and it wasn't just the "deprived" feeling... I soon found sleep while in my thoughts...


*Ding!*

YiFan: Hey, can't hang out today. Got stuff to do.

I put down my phone. I knew it... Why am I so stupid...

I get out of bed, with MeiHua still sound asleep. I get ready and prepare breakfast for my little princess before she wakes up.

Today, she is going to be with her grandmother (her biological one), so that she could spend time with her granddaughter before she gets swooped to America. MeiHua will be staying there for two nights. I finish making breakfast and proceed to go pack her things to go to her grandma's place. As I was packing, MeiHua wakes up and rubs her eyes of sleep. "Mama... We are going to Ma's (grandma in teochew) house today, right? Are you gonna stay there with us?" She asked.

"No, HuaHua. You'll get to spend time with Ma for two days. She wants to spend time with you before you leave with me to America." I replied to her.  I see her pout. I chuckle at her cuteness. I get up from packing her things and walk over to her. Taking her into my arms. "Ma wants to see you. It will only be for two days. I'll come pick you up in just two days. Okay?" She nodded in understanding. "Okay, well go get ready. We will eat and then go to Ma's." The little girl gets up and stumbles to the restroom.


We finish our breakfast and head out to her grandma's place. As we are in an area with cute stores, I decided that we should do some quick shopping before I drop her off. As we visit stores, I'm about to walk towards a bubble tea shop, but stop in my tracks. At the entrance, I see two people standing next to each other. The woman was beautiful. Long brown hair, fair skin, slim waist and her face was just... She was beautiful. The person with her... Towered over her... The awkward giant, Wu YiFan...

I felt a tinge of sadness in my heart. So this was the stuff he had to do... I thought to myself... Realizing what I just thought, I shook it out of my head. Before I could turn around and head in the opposite direction, I see him bend down and place a kiss on the woman's cheek. My heart slowly sank. Wow... They look great together... Nothing compared to what I look like next to him... Someone plain and ordinary as me... Medium black hair, average sized American, short, just all outta whack. I feel tears start to threaten my eyes. I turn away, but before I could even leave, MeiHua shouts, "ISN'T THAT DIO?" I mentally facepalm myself and quickly walk away. Trying to quiet down MeiHua's yells of greeting to the giant, I hear my name being shouted out. I knew it was him, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

I quickly walk towards the crosswalk, seeing that it was almost time to turn red, I ran to make the light. Luckily, YiFan didn't. Releasing the breath that I didn't know I was holding in, I sighed. MeiHua looks at me and hugs me. I smile and remember that I shouldn't show faces like this to her. I need to give her a nice and happy life...

We reach her grandmother's house. I say my greetings and leave so that they can have time with each other. "I'll see you in a couple of days, HuaHua~."


*Ding!*

Yifan: Hey, what's wrong?

*Ding!*

Yifan: You were ignoring me

*Ding!*

Yifan: Can you please answer me?

*Ding!*

Yifan:What's wrong?

*Ding!*

Yifan: Please, MeiFang-ah.

*Ding!*

Yifan: Can you tell me if I did something wrong?

My phone was going off like crazy. I drop it on my nightstand and get into bed.  I scream out in frustration. STOP MESSAGING ME. I don't need this right now... I look at the messages he sent and feel a bit bad for not replying... But I don't really want to speak with him right now... Especially not after realizing my feelings and having it crushed, right in front of me... I remember the incident that day and start to cry. After all the tears were gone, I managed to fall asleep...