and the baby makes three

winter to summer

and the baby makes three


931w, domestic!AU

 

“Chan… yeol. Chanyeol. CHAN, YEOL,” Chanyeol repeats his name over and over again, punctuating each syllable slowly and clearly to the 13 months old baby in front of him. He’s lying on his stomach, trying his best to take Jongin’s attention by poking the baby’s cheek. “Jonginnie, don’t ignore me. Say it, Chan… Yeol.” But Jongin doesn’t react, continue to play with his toy cars while Chanyeol pouts at his nephew.

 

“Tell me,” Chanyeol looks over his shoulder when someone plops down on his back and he sees his girlfriend getting comfy using him as a chair, “Did you offer to babysit Jongin so you can sabotage his first word?”

 

Jongin looks up momentarily at Bomi’s arrival and Bomi makes funny faces at him. He giggles, raising his hand up at her direction. Bomi reaches over Chanyeol’s head to pinch at Jongin’s chubby cheeks.

 

“Woah, look at that, this kid doesn’t even glance at me and he laughs at you? Gender discrimination, Kim Jongin, Uncle is disappointed at you.” Again, Chanyeol is ignored as Jongin finds his toys more interesting. “And for your information, no, I’m just being a very kind brother and uncle, I feel Junmyeon Hyung and Chorong Noona deserve some time alone.”

 

Bomi snorts. “There’s no way Chorong Unnie would believe you.”

 

“Hey!” Chanyeol yells, feigning a hurt expression. He grumbles, shifting a little but Bomi’s weight on him keeps him in place. “Anyway, I told her that you miss your niece and you haven’t seen her for months, right? I know you’re upset about it, so I said maybe Jongin can cheer you up and—,” Chanyeol shrugs, “Noona agreed.”

 

There’s no reply from his girlfriend this time, and it makes Chanyeol curious he turns his head around. “Bomi-yah? What’s wrong, you okay?”

 

Bomi stares down at him with a look he can’t decipher.

 

“What? What does that look mean? What did I do this time?” suddenly Chanyeol is alarmed and he tries to recall everything he did for the past 24 hours – and the past week, just to be save.

 

“How do you know…,” Bomi trails off before she shakes her head. “Never mind. Well, Young Man, this look means… that I really, really appreciate what you’ve done for me, and I’d love to show you how much I appreciate it…,” Bomi bites on her lips seductively, one hand grabbing Chanyeol’s non-existent and squeezes on it, making Chanyeol yelps, “… but then I remember we have a baby here.”

 

Chanyeol lets out a long, suffering groan.

 

Bomi stands up, picking up Jongin and takes him to the kitchen. “Come on Nini, it’s time for you to eat, Auntie make you chicken!” She coos at him when Jongin lights up hearing the word ‘chicken’.

 

“Yah Yoon Bomi!” Chanyeol shouts from his place on the floor. “You made me excited for nothing!”  

 

***

 

“Is he asleep?” Chanyeol asks in a whisper, unable to look at Jongin’s face as the baby sleeps on his shoulder and looks the other way.

 

Bomi checks on him and nods. “Yeah. Gosh, he’s so cute I want to squeeze his cheeks—”

 

“DON’T!” Chanyeol hisses. If Jongin wakes up, then Chanyeol’s hard work for the last thirty minutes putting him to sleep will be futile – he’s been holding Jongin up and walked around the living room. Plus Chanyeol is sure Jongin will throw a fit if his nap is disturbed, Jongin’s really grumpy when he’s sleepy it’s a nightmare.

 

“I knowww.” Doesn’t stop Bomi from placing a kiss on Jongin’s cheek, though. But she also places one on Chanyeol’s cheek, tiptoeing to reach his height. “Good work, Uncle. Let’s put him to bed.”

 

They’ve spent the day playing with Jongin; they read fairytales to him while feeding him his lunch, Bomi distracted him with an epic acting as one of Snow White’s dwarves and Chanyeol secretly put vegetables on Jongin’s spoon, then they watched documentary of fish together, Jongin drank his juice quietly, fascinated with the shark on the screen. But he didn’t like getting his diaper changed, crying loud and running away as soon as Chanyeol pulled his diaper off. They had to chase the over-excited baby around the house before they could put him a new diaper.

 

“Haaaah. I’m tired,” Chanyeol plops down on the mattress next to Jongin after he lays him down. “What are you doing?”

 

Bomi is hovering over Jongin, taking a picture of the sleeping boy with her phone. “Chorong Unnie wants to know what he’s doing.” She directs her phone to Chanyeol. “And she asks if we’re still alive.”

 

Chanyeol waits until Bomi puts her phone away and lies down with him before he turns to her with a look on his face. “So… earlier, you said something about want to show me how much you…?” he doesn’t finish his sentence, but Chanyeol slips one hand under Bomi’s shirt, the skin there lightly.

 

“I did, but now I don’t feel like it anymore,” Bomi scrunches up her nose. “Better get some nap now, after Jongin wakes up we still need to bathe him, cook him dinner, feed him, put him to sleep, and tomorrow Chorong Unnie tells us to bring Jongin to the park in the morning.”

 

For a split second Chanyeol looks like he’s about to protest, but then he closes his mouth again and nods. “Huh. Good idea. Sleep now, later.”

 

Bomi rolls her eyes at her boyfriend’s words but doesn’t argue and just lets Chanyeol throw a leg over her, using her as his personal bolster for their evening nap.  

 


 


This is heavily inspired by, of course, Superman Returns - but actually not the baekyeol episode. Thank you for reading!