One

It's a boy?

"Boy." Luhan stated. He sounded pretty sure of himself.

"You can't know that." Minseok told him before going back to cutting up the vegetables for dinner. Yes he'd been right about Joonhee, he'd guessed girl and she had indeed been a girl but that had just been luck.

"It's a boy." Luhan insisted and Minseok rolled his eyes.

"It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's not going to make it true." He could be infuriatingly stubborn sometimes. "You having a hunch doesn't change the fact that it's just as likely that we're having another girl."

"It's not a hunch." Luhan told him, his voice firm.

His voice was also coming from right behind him and Minseok very nearly ended up losing a fingertip. "Don't do that!" he exclaimed, dropping the knife onto the chopping board but before he could spin around and tell him off properly for almost giving him a heart attack there were arms around what was currently trying to pass itself off as his waist and Luhan was dropping his chin onto his shoulder and murmuring an apology into the crook of his neck.

"Just don't do it again." Minseok muttered. It was pretty difficult to be mad at someone when they had their lips pressed to your collarbone.

"It's not a hunch though." Luhan continued, pulling back a little so Minseok could hear him better. "You look different this time, you're carrying all out front." he said, one hand skimming over the swell of his stomach and it wasn't as if Minseok could disagree, when he'd been pregnant with Joonhee he'd felt like a blob, this time around and his bump was definitely more defined. He failed to see how that was relevant though and he told Luhan so.

"I read it somewhere," Luhan explained and he was so close Minseok could feel him shrug his shoulders. "Out front and it's a boy. And if your hair gets thicker that's supposed to be a sign too." He added. "And your hair definitely seems thicker to me."

Minseok frowned and ran a hand through his hair. It didn't feel any different to him. But then he had noticed that Luhan had picked up the habit of playing with is hair,  usually when they were in bed and he was trying to get to sleep. He didn't really mind, it felt nice having someone else run their fingers through his hair. But maybe that did mean it was getting thicker, maybe that's why he'd started doing it. "You do know those are all myths though don't you?" he said deciding that it didn't really matter. Whether his hair was getting thicker or not there was no way Luhan could know what the of the baby was.

"He's a kicker though. He has been for a while." Luhan pointed out next, not giving up and right on cue baby Lu pushed against the palm of his hand. "We didn't feel Joonhee move so early." Luhan reminded him, rubbing his thumb in circles over the spot the baby had kicked. "Or so often. I think we have a footballer in the making this time around."

"This is our second baby, we know what to look out for." Minseok told him, going for logic even though he knew for a fact that Luhan wasn't going to listen to him. "And in case you've forgotten, girls can play football too. Joonhee does, when I let her out in the garden all she wants to do is kick around that ball you bought her for her birthday." At two years old she wasn't all that coordinated yet but that didn’t stop her trying. It was pretty adorable.

"Even so..." Luhan said, refusing to give up and proving Minseok right, "... I'd bet any money that it's a boy."

"My money is your money and vice versa." Minseok reminded him. "So that would be a little pointless."

"We should bet something else then." Luhan mused which hadn't really been the response Minseok had been looking for but then again trying to guess what Luhan was going to say next in any conversation was nigh on impossible. "Your next scan is Friday, we can ask to know the gender then."

"And if it's a girl?" Minseok asked.

"Then you win." Luhan said matter-of-factly. "And you can ask for anything you want."

"Anything?" Minseok echoed. If he could have anything he wanted... well there were so many possibilities. All his brain could come up with at the moment was food but he was sure that once he won he'd manage to come up something more creative.

"And if I win," Luhan continued, "I get to ask you for something."

"Sounds fair to me." Minseok said, still fixated on the fact he could ask for lamb curry and chocolate fudge cake for dinner on Friday and Luhan would have to buy it for him. "Now go and wake Joonhee up. If we let her sleep any longer she won’t sleep tonight.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

"Do you want to know the of the baby?" The ultrasound technician had asked and Minseok had immediately said yes. His list of what he wanted for dinner had changed somewhat, pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and a grilled chicken salad were now on the list as well as chocolate fudge cake and cherries and his mouth was watering at the mere thought of it.

Baby Lu however was refusing to cooperate.

"Let’s see if we can get her to stretch her legs out." The technician said and Minseok, trying to ignore the discomfort of having his abdomen poked and prodded at shot a smirk at Luhan that said 'even the technician agrees with me.'

Two seconds later though and Luhan was the one grinning as the technician said the words "I'm sorry, I should have said he. It looks like you’re having a little boy. Congratulations."

"Don't worry, I'll still buy you dinner." Luhan assured him, noticing his face fall.

"And what do you want?" Minseok asked, the lack of gloating on Luhan's part making him immediately suspicious. “Now that you’ve won…”

"There are a few things I can think of." Luhan told him, and the smile was back. "I just haven't decided yet. I'll give it some thought and I'll let you know when I make up my mind."

Well that was just great Minseok thought, not liking the vagueness of Luhan's answer in the slightest. It was ominous, that's what it was. But he was getting a son he reminded himself, trying hard not to think about it. Joonhee was getting a little brother. It was a good thing. Yes, very good.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Luhan wanted a kitten.

“No.” Minseok told him from his seat beside him on the couch, shaking his head emphatically. Of all the things he could have asked for… “How old are you? Eight? We’re not getting a cat.” He’d never liked cats. You could never tell what they were thinking, he didn’t trust them.

“But I won,” Luhan protested, “you promised me anything I wanted and cats are cute.”

Minseok continued to shake his head, “No, we’re not doing it. We already have a two year old, soon we’ll have a baby in the house too, we won’t have time to take care of a kitten as well.”

Luhan wasn’t giving up. “Kittens are easy. They’re not like dogs. They’re usually litter trained before you even get them home and you don't need to take them for walks. They're cheaper to feed too.”

“I said no. It’s hard enough keeping the house looking presentable as it is, we don’t need a kitten in here scratching the furniture to pieces.”

Seeing that his ‘cats are easier than dogs’ argument wasn’t getting him anywhere Luhan changed tack. “Does the furniture mean more to you than Joonhee? You know she’d love us forever if we bought her a kitten.”

Minseok snorted. “She’s our daughter, how much she loves us should not be dependent on whether or not we let her have a kitten.”

“Just think about it.” Luhan pleaded, eyes wide and beseeching and Minseok’s conviction faltered just a little. It wasn’t fair, being looked at like that always made his heart melt and Luhan knew it.

But he wasn’t going to give in, not this time. He was going to stay strong. They were not getting a kitten. That was final.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

They had a kitten.

He was a tiny grey ball of fluff and his name was Ronaldo. Minseok was still a little annoyed with himself for backing down but he was slowly getting over it. He could blame it on it his hormones; that helped. It wasn’t his fault that he’d backed down so quickly, the baby had made him do it and that was what he was going to keep telling himself.

And he still didn’t like cats, that hadn’t changed but he was growing to like Ronaldo. His name might be ridiculous but he was hideously cute. His eyes were so round that he looked permanently surprised, Minseok thought it was adorable. He was such a laid back little thing too. All he did was sleep. And his favourite place to sleep was on Minseok. That was where he was right that second, as soon as Minseok had sat down he’d clambered onto the armrest of the couch and padded across his stomach, situating himself bang in the middle of his chest. He’d then curled himself up in a ball and was now using Minseok’s bump as a pillow. He probably liked the warmth Minseok mused, scratching the tiny kitten behind the ears, smiling as he started to purr.

“It’s not fair.” Luhan sighed from beside him. “He’s supposed to be my cat.”

And there it was, that was the main reason Minseok’s annoyance was fading. The fact that he was their new kitten’s favourite person irritated Luhan immensely and Minseok found that pretty satisfying. He’d known exactly what he was doing when he’d pulled out the bambi eyes, he'd known how hard it would be for Minseok to say no to him once he did. It served him right for using such underhanded tactics to get his own way. “He’s obviously a good judge of character.” Minseok replied with a shrug. Luhan pouted and his smile only widened. Yeah, having a kitten really wasn’t so bad.