Anger

I Can't Lose You

A/N  There will be no image for this chapter, so there is an 80% chance that there will be an image for the next chapter. Anyways, enjoy reading!

 

 

Eunji's POV:

 

 

“Eunji, right?” Chorong spoke.

 

I gave the lunch lady my tray and turned my attention to Chorong.

 

“Yes.”

 

“I know you’re new, so I’m assuming that you don’t know a ton of people here. Let me introduce you to my friends.”

 

 

I smiled. “Sure.”

 

 

“Eunji,” I heard Chorong say.

 

 

I turned around and saw Chorong sitting on the desk on my right.

 

 

“Hey,” I greeted. “Do you know the menu for lunch today?”

 

 

Chorong shook her head. “Nope.”

 

 

I sighed. “Yesterday’s lunch was really good. I hope today’s lunch is as good as yesterday’s.”

 

 

“Speaking of yesterday, I heard the argument between-”

 

 

“Yeah. Almost everyone heard it.”

 

 

Chorong hesitated. “Are Myungsoo and Sunggyu your friends?”

 

 

“I guess.”

 

 

“What kind of answer is-”

 

 

“Listen up!”

 

 

Our attention turned to Mr. Kim.

 

 

“Tomorrow night the school will be holding a welcoming party, so be to the canteen at 5.”

 

 

I groaned quietly. “I would rather stay inside and sleep.”

 

 

“Oh come on,” Chorong whispered. “We can go together with Bomi, Hayoung, Namjoo, and Naeun. It’ll be fun.”

 

 

“That’s what everyone says about parties..."

 

 

“Any questions?” Mr. Kim asked.

 

 

“What time will the party end?” a classmate questioned.

 

 

“8 pm.”

 

 

“Will there be food?”

 

 

“Yes.” Mr. Kim took a glimpse at his wrist watch. “If you have more questions, come ask me individually. You are dismissed to your next class.”

 

 

I grabbed my books and headed for the door. Chorong, on the other hand, went to Mr. Kim.

 

 

“Go first. I need to ask him something,” Chorong told me, before talking to Mr. Kim.

 

 

I scratched the back of my head. Then I’ll see you at lunch. I sighed. Or not.

 

 

“Eunji, are you going to the event tomorrow?” a male student with a deep voice asked.

 

 

I turned my head and saw Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

 

 

I smiled. “I guess.”

 

 

“You kn-”

 

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

 

My eyes landed on a pretty short female student. Someone nudged my elbow, so I looked to see who it was.

 

 

“Baekhyun, Eunji and I will go to class first, since we’re in the same class,” Kyungsoo said abruptly.

 

 

He grabbed my arm and lead me to our next class.

 

 

“What was that all about?” I asked.

 

 

“You saw the girl, right?” I nodded my head. “She’s Kim Taeyeon, also known as Baekhyun’s ex-girlfriend.”

 

 

We took a sharp turn.

 

“She broke up with him, if you’re wondering, and we don’t know the real reason why, but after summer break, she started asking Baekhyun out on dates.”

 

“I see.”

 

“Anyway, I don’t want to deal with her. She’s just too much.”

 

“Does Baekhyun still have feelings for Taeyeon?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I’m not sure, but I hope he doesn’t.”

 

I laughed. “I can tell that you don’t like her.”

 

“She’s unbelievable.”

 

“In a bad way?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

I glanced at Kyungsoo. He didn’t seem the type to be open about his feelings for others. At that moment, I knew I was wrong.

 

We entered a big classroom and I spotted Bomi sitting by herself, browsing on her phone, so I naturally separated myself from Kyungsoo and sat next to her. As soon as I sat down on the chair, she turned off her phone, looking at my direction.

 

“What was that?” she questioned.

 

“What was what?”

 

“You and Kyungsoo.”

 

I raised an eyebrow. “What about me and him?”

 

“Is something going on between the two of you?”

 

Bomi looked at me suspiciously, which I found amusing.

 

“Why does it matter?” I asked her, holding in my laughter.

 

She squinted her eyes, looking even funnier. “Why does it matter? Hmm. that’s a good question.”

 

I bursted out of laughter. “Are you trying to be funny?”

 

She hummed, grooming her imaginary beard, still squinting. I laughed even more, trying not to snort. I could see that she was trying to hold in her laughter, so I tried making a comical face. Bomi ended up laughing with me, even snorting.

 

“Alright! Everyone take a seat,” my social studies teacher announced, making everyone shut their mouths. “Is everyone here?”

 

Everyone, including me, took a good look around the room.

 

“Byun Baekhyun is missing,” Kyungsoo said, raising his hand.

 

“But I saw him outside of class a few moments ago,” I heard the professor murmur. He clapped his hands. “I guess we’ll have to start without hi-”

 

The door slammed open.

 

“I’m here!” someone shouted. “I’m sorry for being late.”

 

The professor nodded his head. “Go to your seat.”

 

Baekhyun bowed. On the way to his seat, I saw him glance at my direction. What in the world happened? I wondered. Whatever. It’s not like I should care. He doesn’t like Myungsoo and Sunggyu anyway. Kyungsoo doesn’t like them either, but he seems nice. Baekhyun looks like he’s the type of person that listens to orders. I sighed quietly. Kyungsoo seems nice, but Baekhyun’s like a teacher’s pet.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Then why do you act like you hate them?” I asked Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

 

“Because your brother doesn’t like them,” Baekhyun replied.

 

-End of flashback-

 

Just because Minseok doesn’t like Myungsoo and Sunggyu, doesn’t mean that he should dislike them, I thought, getting angry. I’m not sure about Kyungsoo, but I know that Baekhyun doesn’t like Myungsoo and Sunggyu because of Minseok. My blood boiled with anger. Not to mention that Minseok’s my adoptive brother and Myungsoo and Sunggyu are my real brothers. Why does Baekhyun and Minseok not like them?! What did they do wrong?! Why won’t they tell me?! What’s wrong with them two? Does Baekhyun only dislike them because of Minseok? Because he wants to stay friends with Minseok? What is wrong with that guy? And why did he glance at my direction?  I didn’t do anything wrong. What’s his problem?

 

My eyes were full of hatred. Not because of Kyungsoo. Not because of Minseok. They were full of hatred and anger because of Baekhyun.

 

I’m pretty sure Minseok has a good reason for not liking Myungsoo and Sunggyu, but what reason does Baekhyun have? I shook my head in dismay. I hate Baekhyun for hating Myungsoo and Sunggyu. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

 

-1 hour and 20 minutes later-

    

    “Let’s go to the dance room later,” Jimin suggested as soon as he sat down next to Hoseok.

 

I took a bite of my lasagna.

 

“Sure,” Hoseok said. “Why don’t we have a dance off?”

 

Namjoon and Jin threw Hoseok a look.

 

“Yah, then I’m not gonna join,” Namjoon said.

 

“Me neither,” Jin chimed. “You all know I at dancing.”

 

“Then you can observe us,” Jimin said with a smile.

 

Hoseok nudged me by the elbow. “What about you Liz?”

 

Everyone looked at me. I glanced at Myungsoo and Sunggyu. Myungsoo gave me a thumbs up, while Sunggyu shook his head.

 

I opened my mouth to speak. “Uh, I would prefer not to-”

 

“She’s in!” Taehyung interrupted.

 

I glared at the boy sitting across from me and he smiled in response. Knowing that there was nothing I could do about a smiling Taehyung, I sighed.

 

“Whatever,” I murmured.

 

I took another bite of my lasagna, but just then, I overheard someone talking.

 

“Hyung, you shouldn’t worry about her,” a male said.

 

“Jongin, let’s just not talk about it,” another male student said tiredly.

 

“But hyung-”

 

“I said let’s not talk about it.”

 

Jongin? That name sounds familiar, I thought. Jongin, Jongin, Jong- Ah! Isn’t he one of Minseok’s friends? I heard that he was very popular from Chorong. I also heard that he has a lot of mood swings. -.- I stabbed another slice of my lasagna. Oh well, I guess he hates Myungsoo and Sunggyu too. I shoved the piece of lasagna into my mouth. But who was the guy he was talking to? Because it definitely wasn’t Minseok. My eyes trailed along my fork. And I don’t think it was Kyungsoo. Nor Baekhyun. Ah forget it. It’s not like I should care who they are.

 

I quickly finished my lunch and got up to go get a drink from the vending machine. Hmm. What drink should I get? I wondered on the way to the vending machine. But that thought vanished when I saw Baekhyun and Minseok walking towards my direction. For some strange reason, I felt nervous. Why are you nervous? I asked myself in my head. You shouldn’t be nervous. Just walk past them like you don’t see them. I repeated those words in my head, until I walked past them.

 

Wait. Why must you be doing this? Are you trying to avoid Minseok? I inserted a coin into the coin slot and pressed on a button for a drink. No way. Is it because you’re starting to not like him? For what reason do you not like him? I thought carefully, getting my drink from the take-out port. Well, he doesn’t like my brothers and they’re my family, so if someone doesn’t like them, I don’t like them. I uncapped the bottle and started drinking out of it. Oh boy, trouble is going to stir. I can feel it.