Unexpected Meeting

I Can't Lose You

A/N  Hey guys! It's been a long time. I finally finished editing the first chapter :) I made a few tweeks and changes from the original story, so I hope you are not disappointed with the changes. I won't be able to post pictures here for every chapter I upload like I did before, so I'll just share a link the the picture or put a quote from time to time. By the way, I updated the foreward, so if you haven't already, go check it out!

http://affpics.blogspot.kr/2016/06/chapter-1.html

 

Eunji's POV:

 

“I really hate this,” I muttered under my breath, glaring at the campus in front of me. “Are you kidding me?!” I shouted. “Is this suppose to be the university I have to attend now? I hate it already!”

 

It may have seemed like I was a crazy person because I was talking to a nonliving thing, but thankfully, no one was outside.

 

Before I came here, I was happily attending another university in my hometown, but my dad insisted that I should’ve gotten better education, so I ended up taking an entrance exam for one of the most prestigious university in this country and passed the exam. Unfortunately, I had to leave all of the friends that I made behind. I mean I can still keep in touch with my friends thanks to technology, but knowing that I would be far apart from them saddened me.

 

Anyway, I dragged my suitcases with me into the quiet building. I guess no one’s up yet, I thought mindlessly. I remembered the tour the principal gave me a few weeks ago. I slightly smiled in relief when I recalled where the main office was. If I hadn’t remembered, then I would have been wandering around like a lost puppy. I quickly found the office and knocked on the door to make sure that I was allowed to go in.

 

“Come in!” I heard a woman say.

 

I twisted the doorknob and pushed the door gently. My feet led me towards the front desk and found a 40 year old looking woman sitting on a chair.

 

“Hello,” the woman greeted. “I am the secretary, Ms.Yoo. How may I help you?”

 

“Hello. I’m Kim Eunji and I’m a new transfer student,” I said politely.

 

“Ah yes. Are you here for your schedule and room key?” the secretary asked.

 

I nodded my head and smiled. Ms.Yoo handed me a piece of paper and a key as I bowed down 90 degrees. I hurriedly walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. My room number, homeroom, classes, and teacher’s names were all written on the piece of paper. After taking a good look at my room number, I strolled around the big place to find it. My eyes couldn’t help, but notice a few things about this university.

 

“So modern,” I commented bluntly.

 

A lot of time was wasted because I couldn’t find my room.

 

“Where’s room 305?”I whispered-screamed frustratedly.

 

My gaze followed the numbers painted on the brown doors.

 

“285, 286, 287, 288 289…”

 

The numbers grew higher and higher, until I finally spotted room 305.

 

“Finally,” I mumbled.

 

I inserted the key in the keyhole and swung the door open.

 

“Huh. This room is bigger than I expected. Cool,” I approved. “Good thing that I’ll be having my own room!”

 

Just so you know, I have a strange habit of talking to myself when there’s no one around. Or at least when I think there’s no one.

 

I finished unpacking all of my belongings and packed the supplies that I needed for my core classes in another bag. Examining my time table again, I found out that the class I had to be in was just around the corner.

 

Loud conversations could be heard as I exited my room. Curious of the time, I stopped in my tracks and checked the time on my Calvin Klein watch. There were 15 minutes left until classes started. After checking the time, I walked around a corner, but someone bumped into me. I fell hard to the ground on my posterior and right thigh.

 

“Stupid corners,” I grumbled.

 

A hand was offered, but I got up by myself, ignoring the pain from my right thigh, and bowed to whoever I bumped into. I didn’t bother to say anything to that person or even glimpse at who it was. I turned around to leave, but the person who bumped into me stopped me.

 

“Yah,” a boy’s voice said, sounding familiar.

 

That voice sounded a little too familiar.

 

I secretly rolled my eyes, not turning back. "I bowed to you. Anything else you want?"

 

"I see you haven't changed a bit," the same voice remarked.

 

“What do you want?” I questioned, feeling a little irritated.

 

“Me? What do I want?” The voice paused. “What I want from you is a hug.”

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Turn around.”

 

I quietly sighed and turned around. A boy with light brown hair approached me. My eyes slightly widened.

 

"Minseok?" My voice cracked.

 

I stared at the person in front of me, not believing my eyes.

 

“Eunji-ah~” Minseok called me.

 

My eyes sparkled with joy, but the joy shimmered away as I spotted a difference in Minseok from the last time I saw him.

 

I glared at the boy. “Yah, I haven't changed, but you have."

 

“Hug?” Minseok said, dismissing my statement.

 

I rolled my eyes playfully, but hugged him.

 

“Minseok!” someone called. “Is this your new girlfriend?’

 

Minseok broke the hug and turned around. I stood next to Minseok and stared at him. His eyes were still big and round. Almost everything was the same as it was before, but my brother appeared taller and skinnier than the last time I recalled seeing him.

 

Minseok laughed. “My girlfriend?” He pointed at me. “She’s not my girlfriend. She’s my younger sister.”

 

I averted my gaze from Minseok to the guy he was talking to. “Byun Baekhyun” was written on his nametag. Minseok put his arm over my shoulder.

 

“Be nice to her, got it?”

 

Baekhyun nodded his head and smiled, looking at me. “I’m Byun Baekhyun.”

 

I laughed. “I know.”

 

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head. “Right... My name tag."

 

“Well I’m-”

 

“Eunji?” someone said, interrupting my introduction. “Kim Eunji?”

 

This voice... sounds familiar, but why can’t I recognize who it belongs to?

 

“What are you doing here?” Minseok questioned, turning around.

 

Since he had his arm around my shoulder, I had to turn around with him. I tilted my head slightly as I spotted the person who was talking.

 

“So it is you,” the boy said.

 

“How long have you been listening?” I asked him, remembering who he was.

 

“Long enough to know that you’re Minseok’s younger sister,” the boy answered, slightly frowning.

 

“Myungsoo-”

 

“You know him?” Minseok interrupted.

 

I looked at Minseok. “Why don’t you and Baekhyun-”

 

“Eunji?” another voice interrupted me for the thousandth time of the day.

 

My eyes wandered behind Myungsoo and found who interrupted me.

 

Minseok looked at me with concern. “How do you know them? Were one of them your boyfriends?”

 

I laughed awkwardly. “No. It’s nothing like that.”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“Minseok, you should stay out of this,” Myungsoo said with a harsh tone. “This isn’t your business.”

 

“But I’m her brother and I have every right to know what’s going on.”

 

Myungsoo scoffed. “Right. You’re her brother.” He took one step forward. “What if I told you that you aren-”

 

“That’s enough,” Sunggyu cut off as he put a hand on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

 

I glanced at the time on my watch. 7:40. Class starts at 8:10... Silence took over.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “We should get going.”

 

Baekhyun started walking away and Minseok followed his lead. His hand was holding onto my wrist, so I had no other choice but to follow him. Just then, I felt another pair of hands grabbing my wrist, causing me to halt. I looked up and saw Sunggyu.

 

“Minseok, let us talk to Eunji,” Sunggyu said in a mannered tone of voice.

 

My protective brother eyed Sunggyu suspiciously. He then turned his attention to me. I looked at Minseok in the eye and told him that I would be fine.

 

“Make sure she gets to class on time,” Minseok told Sunggyu, letting go of my hand, before walking off with Baekhyun.

 

Sunggyu sighed. “Myungsoo-ah, do you know how close you were to spill the beans?”

 

“Mianhae, hyung.”

 

I kept my mouth shut as Sunggyu continued to scold Myungsoo.

 

The last time I saw them was over 10 years ago. Their voices had gotten deeper and Myungsoo was as tall as Sunggyu.

 

“Eunji,” Sunggyu said, pulling out me from my thoughts. “Is Minseok you’re adoptive brother?"

 

I turned my attention to Sunggyu. Adoptive brother... Adoptive...

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know you and Myungsoo oppa didn’t like Minseok.”

 

Myungsoo sighed. “It’s not that we don’t like him. It’s just that... he doesn’t like us.”

 

“Same-difference because you all act like you hate each other,” I remarked.

 

Myungsoo and Sunggyu fell silent.

 

“Anyway, what classes do you guys have? I should at least know your schedules as your sister,” I said, saying the last part quietly.

 

Myungsoo and Sunggyu smiled.

 

“Right. I forgot that you were our sister,” Myungsoo said jokingly.

 

I slapped his arm as hard as I could.

 

“It has been a long time since we last saw you, Eunji.”