Epilogue

Just 3 More Seconds

(3 years later) 

 

Jungkook set the box down on the child's room, sighing tiredly as he looked around the 4-year-old's room. He smiled then as he saw the figure of the little boy running towards him. 

 

"Ahhhh!" The child excitedly squealed, as he jumped into Jungkook's welcoming arms. "How's my little boy doing?" Jungkook softly asked him as the child grinned at him."I'm hiding from mommy!" The child, namely Geun Joo, giggled as Jungkook smiled. Seconds later, Min Yoo emerged inside the room, sighing as she tiredly smiled at Jungkook.

 

 

"Goodness, Geun Joo, you're making your mommy exhausted from running after you all the time." Min Yoo said as she took Geun Joo from Jungkook. Geun Joo giggled and hopped off from Min Yoo as he ran to his bed. 

 

 

"Thanks, Jungkook." Min Yoo said as they arranged Geun Joo's toys. "No problem, Min Yoo. I'm just glad to help." Jungkook shrugged as he unpacked the boxes. "Geez, I don't know what's taking Jin so long. I just ordered him to get some milk and some biscuits for his son." Min Yoo scowled as Jungkook laughed while looking at the framed picture of Geun Joo, Min Yoo, and Jin's family portrait. A memory flashed in his mind, as he let out a nostalgic smile. 

 

 

"How are you and Jin?" Jungkook asked and it was now Min Yoo's time to smile before saying, "Well, we're very happy.He's a great husband." Min Yoo replied and Jungkook was about to reply when he got cut off by Geun Joo's voice. 

 

 

"Hyung, who is this pretty noona?" Geun Joo smiled excitedly as Jungkook saw that Geun Joo was holding his phone. 

 

And he knew the pretty noona Geun Joo was talking about in his phone wallpaper. 

 

Jungkook quickly ran to Geun Joo, then gently took his phone from the little boy's hand. "Ah haha, Geun Joo. Um, why don't we eat some ice cream sandwiches downstairs?" Min Yoo said as Geun Joo's face lit up and was already in his way downstairs. Min Yoo smiled at Jungkook before softly saying, "Take all the time you need." And then the door was shut. 

 

 

Jungkook sighed as he sat on the floor, staring at Haeyoon's face in his phone. A stray tear fell from his eyes, and he wiped it. 

 

"Yah, Lee Haeyoon, when will you come back? I miss you so much already." Jungkook said to thin air. He wiped the tears that was now falling freely from his eyes as he brought out a folded paper from his pocket, unfolded it, and started reading. 

 

 

Dear Jungkook, 

 

Yah, Jeon Jungkook, this your little miss ballerina speaking! How are you? If you're doing good, then I'm proud of you. But if you're not, then that's okay. Because I'll love you no matter what your condition is. So in three years, you'll finally be able to open your art museum! Wow! I will be really proud of you. But by the time you read this...probably I'm in America already. So here's everything I didn't say, because I think this is the right time to say them. 

 

Whenever we talk, sometimes I zone out from the topic. You know why? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes. I can only stare in your eyes, and I don't know, something blooms in my chest. Happiness? Fondness? Love? Yes, I think those are the things I feel everytime I'm with you. 

The first time you said you loved me, I cried on the way home. Because of Happiness, Jungkook. Oh God, I love you so much. I love you so much. Jeon Jungkook.

On our 5th date, when you took me to the cruise, I was afraid of the ocean. I couldn't even come with my parents to the cruise for the past 2 years because of my phobia, but when you held my hand, my heart calmed. I knew I was safe, because you were right beside me. 

And when you gave me the promise ring yesterday, I actually saw my future with you. Something flashed, and I imagined myself walking down the aisle, while you were at the altar in your tux, waiting for me. That's why I almost cried. 

And when I found out that I needed to leave you. 

 

I'm shattered right now Jungkook, and I want you to know that I tried. I tried to defend our relationship, I really tried but...I'm sorry I couldn't. 

 

But I will promise you. I'll come back for you. I'll come back for us, okay Jumgkook? I love you. Always remember that. 

 

-Haeyoon

 

Jungkook sighed for the thousandth time as he placed the letter back to his hoodie's pocket, but was startled when the door flew open, and a smiling Geun Joo appeared and held Jungkook's hand excitedly. 

 

"Hyung! Hyung! You have to come downstairs!" Geun Joo excitedly told him but Jungkook shook his head.  "Geun Joo, I can't. I still have to fix your room." Jungkook replied but Geun Joo shook his head. 

 

 

"Hyung, the pretty noona is looking for you!" 

 

Jungkook froze halfway, and felt his heartbeat quicken. Could it be...? Could it be Haeyoon whose Geun Joo is talking about? Jungkook taught then he turned to Geun Joo who was smiling while holding a piece of paper. 

 

"Geun Joo, what's that?" Jungkook asked him while the child's smile got even more bigger. 

 

"I saw this at the pretty noona's bag, and then she gave it to me! She told me it was a pony flower!" Geun Joo beamed as he excitedly showed Jungkook the drawing, and Jungkook felt as if a lightning struck his body. 

 

It was a drawing of the peony flower. The flower which is Haeyoon's favorite. 

 

Jungkook felt his whole legs weaken, and the thought of seeing Haeyoon again made his heartbeat fasten. He scrambled to stand up as he hurriedly ran down as he frantically looked for Haeyoon for the living room, but she was nowhere to be found. Jungkook felt crushed. 

 

"Jungkook-ah..." 

 

Jungkook abruptly turned around, and his eyes widened. The girl smiled at him, as she said, "You thought I was gone again, didn't you?" 

 

 

"Haeyoon..." Jungkook breathed out. 

 

"I promised to come back. Here I am." Haeyoon chuckled lightly. 

 

--