One

Just 3 More Seconds

Jungkook waited patiently, as he looked out the window to the busy pedestrians and cars. Jungkook looked at the small velvet box infront of him, then he smiled. He couldn't wait to see her. 

 

Jungkook heard the door open, and she finally waks in. A smile appeared on the girl's lips as she sat infront of Jungkook. "Hey, have you waited too long?" Haeyoon asked her but Jungkook shook his head while grinning. "No, no. How about you? How's my little miss ballerina doing?" Jungkook asked her and Haeyoon chuckled. "Eh, it was okay anyway." Haeyoon replied casually as they both sipped on their drinks. Jungkook and Haeyoon are together for about 5 years, since they met at the year of 2010. They were different but they didn't let their difference get in the way. 

 

"Haeyoon-ah, I need to give you something." Jungkook excitedly said and Haeyoon slightly tilted her head to the side. Jungkook smiled as he brought out the small velvet box, then Haeyoon froze. 

 

"Relax, Hae. I'm not asking you to marry me yet." Jungkook snickered as he saw Haeyoon's shoulder relax. "Then what is it?" Haeyoon asked curiously. Jungkook slowly opened the box, revealing two silver band of ring with the letters, 'HY & JK' engraved on it. 

 

"It's a promise ring." Jungkook said and Haeyoon smiled as tears started developing in her eyes. 

 

"What is it for?" Haeyoon joked even though she had tears in her eyes. Jungkook pouted and said, "When we both slip on this ring, we officially and eternally promise that we'll eternally love each other and that we will never leave each other. Forever, will we spend our time together." Jungkook said. He took one ring and held Haeyoon's hand. 

 

"Lee Haeyoon. I, Jeon Jungkook, will promise that I will forever love you with all my heart. Never I will leave you nor love another woman because I'm sure at this point, I only belong to you. I love you Lee Haeyoon." Jungkook vowed, as Haeyoon wiped a tear falling. Jungkook slipped the ring on Haeyoon's finger, after that, Haeyoon took the other ring and held Jungkook's hand. 

 

"Jeon Jungkook. I, Lee Haeyoon, will promise that I will never even stop loving you. Not one moment, not one second. And I want you to know that I will always love you, because I know, you are the right one for me. You always will be the only one I love. I love you Jeon Jungkook." Haeyoon tearfully said then also slipped on the ring on Jungkook's finger, and they hugged each other tightly. 

 

After that, Haeyoon noticed also a '3' engraved on the other side of the ring, and she smiled knowingly. 

 

"Our 3-second-rule, huh?" Haeyoon laughed as she looked at Jungkook while smiling as she remembered a memory. 

 

 

 

They both ran from the boat while laughing, until they stopped and sat on the whute sand near a big rock. "Seriously Jungkook, that was awesome!" Haeyoon squealed as she wiped the sweat on her forehead. "First time doing something rebellious, huh?" Jungkook asked and Haeyoon nodded shyly. The atmosphere around their slowly silenced, as they can only hear the sound of the calm sea while looking at the moon and how it reflected on the ocean. 

 

"It's beautiful." Haeyoon whispered while staring at the ocean. She snapped her head beside her. only to find Jungkook already staring at her. 

 

"Wae?" Haeyoon smiled at him as she tried to contain her hair because of the blowing wind. Jungkook smiled as he shook his head. "Well, it's just that I never thought I will love someone more than myself." Jungkook replied, looking straight into Haeyoon's eyes. Haeyoon smiled shyly as her heart started beating so much as they both leaned towards each other. Thei lips finally touched, and they both felt electricity running through their every veins.

 

They both felt theirselves loving each other more as seconds passed.

 

They slowly pulled apart from each other, each of them looked away. "I...I have to go." Haeyoon said quietly and abruptly stood up. She was about to walk away, until Jungkook held her hand.

 

"Can we please both count three more seconds before we depart from each other?" Jungkook asked. his eyes on her.

 

"Why?" She asked, confused.

 

"So I can have at least three more seconds before I don't see you for another day." Jungkook answered, as Haeyoon's breath hitched. She slowly nodded and Jungkook let go of her hand.

 

"1..." Jungkook first counted as he just stared at Haeyoon.

 

"2..." Haeyoon counted, as she felt something in her chest that she can't even explain.

 

"3." Jungkook finished, and Haeyoon finally realized what that feeling is. She never thought how much 3 seconds can mean to her now.

 

And she will appreciate it even more if it means she can see that black-haired boy who had completely captured her heart.

 

 

"You're remembering the day we first counted three seconds, right?" Jungkook guessed and Haeyoon laughed. "You know me so well. Your a stalker, Jeon Jungkook." Haeyoon teased as Jungkook faked a gasp. "I'm not your stalker, I'm your future husband." Jungkook replied and they both laughed as their time was spend with laughter and love. 

 

----------

---------

 

Haeyoon quietly opened the door, as she stepped on the cold marble floor of their house. She sighed as she flicked on the light switch as her heart dropped when she saw her parents waiting on the living room. 

 

"Oh no..." She thought as she bit her lip. She slowly walked to them and greeted them. 

 

"Good evening eomma, good evening appa." Haeyoon said quietly, feeling her heart beat like crazy because she was nervous. "Where did you go?" Haeyoon slightly flinched as he heard his father's monotonous voice. 

 

"C-Cafe. I was with...Min Yoo--" Haeyoon stammered but she got cut off when her father slapped her cheek. 

 

"WHEN DID YOU LEARN TO LIE, LEE HAEYOON?!" His father shouted at her, his voice covering every part of their house. 

 

"M-Mianhae appa." Haeyoon whispered. 

 

"You were out with that punk kid, right?! How many times Lee Haeyoon! How many times do we have to say that you should leave that boy!" His father yelled. 

 

"Do you really think he really loves you, huh?! It's just one of those stupid love Haeyoon! He doesn't even have enough money! What are you thinking in your mind, Lee Haeyoon?!" Haeyoon's father continued to yell, and tears welled up in Haeyoon's eyes as she heard that. She was tired. She was tired of her parents' insulting Jungkook. She was tired of her parents' calling their love stupid. She was tired being a good daughter. She was tired of her parents' always setting them apart.

 

 

"But I love him! Can't you just be happy for me?!" Haeyoon yelled back, desperation evident in her voice. His parents' were quiet, until her dad's face hardened. 

 

"You, young lady, will be leaving with us to America whether you like it or not. Tomorrow at 12 in the afternoon." Her father ordered with a stoic face and Haeyoon's face falls. 

 

"No...NO! Dad, please let me stay. Please!" Haeyoon begged but her mother shook her head.

 

"I'm sorry Haeyoon, but I think it's for the best." Her mother said before they walked away. Haeyoon collapsed to the ground, as muffled sobs came out of . 

 

And her only thought was Jungkook crying, and it caused her even more heartache. 

 

(Next Day) 

 

Haeyoon tiredly put on her red trench coat, as she sighed and stared at her reflection in the mirror glumly. She was itching to call Jungkook, but her mother took her phone to forbid it. She walked out of her bedroom to downstairs, but she ran into one of the maids she's close to. 

 

"Oh, Haeyoon-ah! Your mother and father are already downstairs." Chae Geun, the maid said. Haeyoon smiled hesitantly before saying: 

 

"Chae Geun noona...can I borrow your phone?" 

 

 

 

As she held the phone in her hand, she dialed her bestfriend's number, Min Yoo. Even though she wanted to dial Jungkook's number instead, she couldn't risk it. Knowing Jungkook, he would probably rush at their house as soon as he can, and her parents might found out. And who also know what Haeyoon's parents are going to do with Jungkook? 

 

 

"Yeoboseyo?" Min Yoo's voice rang on the other line.

 

 

"Min Yoo! It's Haeyoon, please it's urgent." 

 

 

"Oh! Haeyoon, did you get a new mobile phone number?" 

 

 

"No time! Min Yoo, can you come to the house later? Can you give something to Jungkook?" Haeyoon said as she sniffed, a pang in her chest as she said his name. 

 

 

"Why not give it to him yourself? Is something wrong? Are you crying?" Min Yoo worriedly said, as Haeyoon struggled to keep her tears. Her tears involuntarily fell, no matter how much she tried to stop it. 

 

 

"Min Yoo...I'm leaving." 

 

 

--------

 

"Boarding flight AMC786 to America is now boarding. All passengers of this flight shall go to Gate 3 to board the plane. I repeat..." The announcer's female voice rang through the whole airport. Haeyoon slowly stood up, as she looked around the Incheon International Airport, hoping to at least lessen the abundant hurt throbbing in her heart. She was having a hard time trying to hold back her tears, and when they walked closer, the tears suddenly fell down. 

 

How come just in a minute, you can lose your whole life?

 

How come in just steps away, you can lose the one you love? 

 

Tears won't stop falling from Haeyoon's eyes, as she started to silently sob. Some passengers were looking at her, half of them with pity and the other half with curiosity. She wiped them as she looked at the door, then back to the departure lounge, hoping to at least see Jungkook. Hoping. 

 

 

Then Haeyoon smiled through the tears and whispered,

 

 

"1..." Haeyoon whispered while staring at the lounge still. 

 

 

"2..." She shakily counted, tears starting to well in her eyes. And she finally saw Jungkook. She smiled as tears fell from her eyes, the longing and hurt in her heart getting heavier. She saw Jungkook smile, and his voice saying, "I love you Lee Haeyoon. Remember that, always and forever." 

 

 

"3." Haeyoon finished, and Jungkook's image disappeared. She froze, as a muffled sob came out of . 

 

 

"Ma'am, your ticket please." The staff said as Haeyoon handed her the ticket. Once she entered, she looked back once again. 

 

 

 

 

Forever, I will love you Jeon Jungkook. 

 

Forever, I will always remember you.