Lasagne

Jin-xed For Eternity

 

As the bus approached, I sat at my usual seat right behind the driver. But Jin who climbed up after me gave me a narrow look.

 

"Come sit with me behind," he said. But I refused. 

I appreciate Jin's modesty but it wasn't necessary. I was good being my old self sitting in the front. With that, I didn't want him looking down on me for anything. Jin shrugged his shoulders and walked at the back of the bus waving hello to his freshly made friends who sat at the back.

 

The day progessed as usual. I sat in class, looking at Irene, Baekhyun and Kai sitting a few benches in front of me. They were playing a game on their tab while I sat alone with two empty chairs next to me. Sometimes I do wonder why I don't fit in just as well as Irene does. 

It's not like she was richer or prettier or anything.

It was more about how social and extroverted she was, which made a lot of attention get drawn towards her. Guys especially seemed to love that. I know for a fact that Kai and his friends are extremely close to her. And since Baekhyun hangs out with Kai and friends, he's most probably close to Irene as well.

 

I do, sometimes, find myself getting extra insecure and sensitive when it comes to Irene. No matter what I do, she does better.

It wasn't a competition because we weren't on the same level. She was considered better and liked much more than I was. She gets to sit next to Baekhyun in every class while all I get is hello from him beside my locker from time to time.

 

The door to the classroom was in front. So as soon as Jin walked in, the class went quiet. His overly thick eyebrows were up and lifted as usual, unlike the stressful twitched look I always have on my face.
 

"Jin," said Kai as he pulled a chair next to him.

I watched as Jin approached Kai. "Yeah?"

 

"Come sit with us," Kai said. Even though there was no desk, Jin still sat on the chair that Kai pulled for him and sat on it. As class began, all 4 of them started with some conversation that looked lively and fun. While I just quietly gazed from the board to the 4 of them from time to time. Jin does fit in very well. Even though he just joined yesterday.

 

 

After school got over, I quickly walked into my empty bus and sat by my seat. I watched through the window as a few kids stood in groups and were chatting and laughing about random things that happened in their day.

As soon as they are done, they walk in and fill in the bus. Since I don't have anybody to talk to, I just sit in the bus instead.

 

I watched how Jin was mingling in the circle of Baekhyun's friends. Kai even had his arm around Jin. I know Jin was an easy going guy but I wasn't sure how well he was with socialising. I could see Irene being the only girl standing amongst the guys as she chat with everyone. How lucky it must be to be her.

 

One by one, kids started walking into their buses while Irene and Baekhyun still stood there in the distance talking to each other. Suddenly I felt an upsetting sensation in my stomach. In a way that I wanted to either barf or burst into tears for being an extremely lonely person. Watching her made me feel worse. I knew how much those kids liked to make fun of me.

 

"So, you got a crush on that guy?" Jin whispered in my hear suddenly, making me jump on the seat.

"JIN! When did you get here?? Don't scare me this way!" I squeeled after I caught my breath. He was out one second and inside the bus the next and that really scared me. But Jin just laughed.

 

"What do you mean that guy? Don't you know his name?" I asked knowing that Jin sat with Baekhyun in class and even hung out with him today.

"Meh, not really," Jin said and sat next to me, right in front. "I just talked to him starting today, he's a nice guy,"

 

"Why? Do you like him?" Jin smirked. 

I blushed but quickly denied. "No! Why would I like him, he's not into girls like me..," I said, looking around the place.

 

People started filling in the bus as the bus engine started. "What do you mean girls like you?" he asked.

 

I shouldn't have said that. It made me sound so pitiful.

"I mean, you know," I struggled to find words to make the previous words sound a little better.

"Just so you know, there's nothing wrong with you," Jin said, looking at me. I opened my mouth to reply but couldn't find the words or the desirable reaction. 

"Hey, my mum's making lasagne for dinner tonight, do you know wanna join us?" Jin quickly changed the topic, looking down and ending the sentence with some eye contact.