Rose

Jin-xed For Eternity

 

I got ready earlier than usual. The sadness that usually surrounded me felt absent and I was looking forward to seeing Jin at the Bus Stop this morning. While having breakfast, I ate my Cereal quicker than usual and smiled at my Mom and picked up the Rose that layed beside me earlier that morning.

 

My Mom gave me a small smile, as even she was surprised by this sudden change in my behaviour that I did not notice so clearly myself.

 

I wasn't happy, as to say. But I did feel a slight feel of importance in me. Yesterday's incident was surprising and unexpected. But I wouldn't say I didn't want it to happen.

 

The Bus stop was half a mile left to my House, whereas Jin's was somewhere right of the Bus stop. The Bus Stop met three streets at one point, with my house being on the left, Jin's being a mile or so from the right and the Bus arriving from the front. Therefore, I could see Jin walking towards the Bus Stop as I walked towards it myself. 

 

 

Our School had a black and white uniform. Black skirt, white shirt and black jacket. No, I mean it. It's a jacket. The feel of the Uniform was much gloomier to my life as an addition. However, watching Jin walking while wearing the same colour combination made me question why Black and whites were considered negative at all.

 

 

He smiled at me from a distance, walking, as I held on to the rose I got from him yesterday night. He was sort of hopping with a polaroid camera around his neck, as usual.

 

I slightly blushed at his arrival as he held his camera on his face, focusing it on me. I knew he was about to click a picture, so I held my hands against my face to hide it. As he approach where I was sitting in the Bus Stop, he clicked a picture of me and the light from the flash showered all over me like raindrops on an autumn day.

 

 

The moments, seem to stop, and in my memory, this moment captured in his polaroid had no ending to it. The flash captured me and we just stood there silent, letting the moment speak for us.

 

 

As the polaroid came up, he pulled it out and stared at me in the picture, hiding my face but still having a part of my face showing. The rose I was holding in my hand was evidently red in the picture, right up the focus.

 

He laughed. "Why would you do that?" he asked, looking at me with a big smile.

 

I blushed. "That was so unexpected Jin, I wasn't even ready" 

 

He shrugged his shoulders and stood in front of me. "If you keep on waiting for the right moment to be ready, you'll never have it." he looked at me in the eye and said. 

 

I didn't quite know what he meant, but I smiled back. "Good to know" 

 

At this moment, looking at him, I knew I knew him. He was beautiful. I didn't know where he came from, or what he's been doing his entire life before yesterday.

I don't know anything about his family, or even how far he lives from this stop.

I don't know if he owns the exact pair of sneakers I do or if his grandma and my grandma's names match.

I don't know if he's a criminal or if he's worked part-time in a Book shop.

All I know is his expression of ideas and the way he fancies them arises this sort of trust in me, like I want to believe in myself. And it's been years since I've felt this way.

 

He looked around for a moment and saw me holding the rose. "I see you've been carrying that around?" he laughed, with his hands in his pockets

 

"Oh" I said, embarrassed. I didn't expect him to see the rose and know that I've been desperate for it. Because although this has never happened with me, I didn't want him to know of my loser status. 

 

"It's good to know you appreciate it," he said to which I was quite shocked. I guess his tone showed how touched he was. I was so wrong about him. I thought he was mean and just like the other kids at School. But he was indeed so different than the way I thought he would be. His bubbly personality is what caused him to fit in so fast.

 

 

"Im Ae Ri," he said.

I looked at him and nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"I hope you're still planning on going with me for the dance?" he humble remarked, to which I nodded again.

 

 

"Why me of all people, Jin?" I asked after a minute of pause. "I was just wondering that you hardly know me. You can go with anybody at School but why would you just ask me? And walking in my house at night just to ask me, what if you weren't sure that I would say yes? What if-" but he cut me off.

 

 

"I live for the moment. If you don't do what you want to quickly, life runs out of time and you'll regret what you could do when you had to. The day I die, whenever that viscious day might be, I want to be able to say that I took the risk of crashing at your place at night to ask you out for a petty dance. How awesome does that sound?" He said, looking up at the sky. "There are no what ifs. I want to go with you. So I asked. I've learned that thinking too much spoils chances.

 

"I wanted to ask you yesterday at the Bus Stop after School but you just walked off. So I came in at Night cause that's crazy and I love crazy." He looked at me after finishing.

 

I stared at him for the longest time. I was lost. What was this? Philosiphical talk much? I needed a moment to pair everything he said back to Planet Earth to comprehend. I looked so confused and flustered. I asked him a simple question.

 

Meanwhile, he laughed at my confused expression and pulled up his camera to click another picture.

 

"I hope you're 'ready' this time!" he said before the flash showered light all over me, once again.