A Night in the Life

If I Finish It, Then I'll Put a Title
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRESIDENT MANAYING'S OFFICE

"Hello? Good afternoon, Mr. Burnaphan. This is President Manaying from Manaying Lands. I would like to personally apologize for the unprofessionalism you were shown earlier today. I should not have entrusted business dealings with you to an employee even if she was my daughter. That was my mistake." 

"I understand you have been trying to get on this project with our company. I didn't expect you to leave this matter in the hands of an amateur. I'm sure you know how it is in business, Mr. Manaying. Our time is literally gold. We lose money with each second we waste." 

"Yes, I know. I apologize. I humbly request that you give our company another shot. You know that we are the best in the industry. No one else can provide you the quality of work that we can. Yes, that's not enough to tolerate unprofessionalism but I hope it is enough to be give us another chance to prove ourselves."

"Well, indeed, you are the best. I will consider it." 

"Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you soon."

 

 

Kim looked the rearview mirror one last time. Here we go.

She was looking damn fine with black skinny jeans, loose black long-sleeved shirt, and classic white and black Stan Smiths. The sleeves of her shirt were rolled up in a messy fashion and her skinny jeans were folded just a bit above her ankles. All in all, she looked like she just walked out of a casual fashion magazine shoot.

She entered the club and started looking for her friends. God, this place is so expensive yet it's so damn packed all the time. 

"Yo! What took you so long??" As soon as she saw Kim, Zee immediately wrapped her arm around Kim's shoulder and dragged her to the group's table. "When did I ever come early?"

Kim sat with her friends - Zee, Nan, Mario, and Mean. They were actually in the club celebrating Mario and Mean's return to Thailand. Mario and Mean are a couple and they both decided to go to graduate school in the States. "Heyyyy! God, I missed you! How have you been?" Mean hugged Kim as she sat down beside her. 

"Hey, Mean, long time no see. I missed you too." Kim ruffled Mean's hair. She turned to Mario, "Hey, man! What's up?"

"Same old, same old. I missed partying with you folks! You came so late now I can't even see your face very clearly!" Mario said obviously already tipsy. Everyone laughed and Mean hit Mario lightly on the shoulder. "Of course you're already drunk. Oh you. Anyway, I just got here. Don't we have more drinks? I'll go get some at the bar okay?" Kim excused herself.

"Hey, Kim, wait up. I'll come with you." It was Mean following behind her, squeezing herself in between bodies of partygoers.Kim waited for her to catch up. 

"Thanks for waiting, gosh this place is packed. I don't know how I can breathe." Mean fanned herself as they got to the bar. Kim ordered vodka tonic and Mean ordered a long island cocktail. Kim's order came right away. She was about to down the whole thing in one go when Mean stopped her. 

"Whoa, whoa, slow down what's the hurry?" She laughed a bit as she took the glass from Kim's hand. "You just got here. Don't go just yet. Besides, Mario is on the way to snoozeland. We don't need another baby to look after. So, instead, let's just chat, my old, out-of-touch friend. How are you?" 

"It's so you to want some serious talk in the middle of a drinking session. I'm good, Mean." Kim replied.

"I call bull but alright I'mma let you go this time. Let's just have fun for tonight. I missed you, buddy!" Mean said as she pinched Kim's cheek. They got their drinks and made their way back to the booth.

 

 

Meanwhile...

 "Jane, are you sure I look okay?" Pie said pulling the short dress down as the walk to the club entrance.

"Yes, you look gorgeous. Now, stop pulling on that dress because, if it goes any lower, your s will show." 

"What s?" Pie retorted. Jane sighed at Pie's insecurity and just pulled her along. Jane was right though. Pie was looking gorgeous. She was wearing a quite simple ensemble - a short, tight, deep red long-sleeved dress with a low square cut neckline. It was so short it just covered enough of her . She finished the look with a pair of gold stud earrings with small diamonds embedded in it and a pair of black stilettos. Pie's hair was down but swept to the side - somewhat of a messy, y do.

Jane, on the other hand, was in all black. She had on a black tube dress topped with a black leather jacket. Jane's hair was tied up to show off her long neck accessorized with a gold necklace with a gold owl pendant. She was wearing the same black stiletto shoes as Pie. 

They were asked for a reservation at the reception area and Jane said, "Matanawee". 

"Who's that?" Pie asked when she heard the name. "A friend of mine from a while back. We bumped into each other just earlier this month. Oh, there she is." Jane immediately smiled and approached the person. Pie was a bit surprised to see a guy as Jane said "she". Anyway, she got the idea. 

Jane introduced them to each other. "Pie, this is Zee. We were in high school together. Zee, this is Pie." 

"Nice to meet you, Pie."

"Nice to meet you too. I hope you don't mind me coming." 

"No, no, you're very welcome here. Anyway, come on, let's go meet everyone." Jane's right arm was looped around Zee's arm while her left arm was looped around Pie's. 

At the booth, they met a bored Nan and a drunk Mario.

"Guys, these are Jane and Pie." Zee introduced as she gestured to the two. "They'll be joining us tonight. Please be nice." She added that last part for Mario. 

"Hey, you know we don't hire girls, Zee." Nan said. Zee was about to answer but Pie immediately picked up on what Nan was implying. "What?"

The tension was building and everyone in the booth could feel it - except probably Mario who was busy finishing everyone's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter