A Day in the Life

If I Finish It, Then I'll Put a Title
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*HOUSE MUSIC PLAYING LOUDLY ALL OVER THE CLUB*

Kim is on the dance floor moving like a mad man - grinding and bumping sweaty bodies left and right. She jumped to the beat with her left hand to the air and her right hand holding a beer bottle. She jumped. She dipped. She swayed. She might've even kissed someone. She's not so sure. She kept moving like she was on fire until she was knocked out drunk.

 

 

KRINGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

 

"Damn it!" She cursed as she hit the snooze. What is that for anyway?  It's not like there's anything to do in daylight. She curled up and closed her eyes for a few more minutes. After some time, she decided she had to get up and pop some pills before the headache could fully set in. She got some Advil and munched on some leftover pizza. She was preparing to make coffee when she realized... there was none. e. 

She had no choice but to head out onto the brightly lit world. She pulled some khakis, a black undershirt, and a plain white polo. She just grabbed her sunglasses and headed out in slippers. 

 

 

KRINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Argh! What is that for anyway? It's not like I slept at all.

Pie was running late for a very important client presentation. She was working on the design meticulously for weeks yet she remains anxious, hence, the sleepless night. This account was entrusted to her by her father. This was her chance to prove that she was ready to fly on her own. And, here she was -- running late. 

God, my brain is nowhere to be found. I should've slept last night. I need coffee. I have to get coffee. But, I'm running late!!! --No, all hell will break loose if I do this without coffee. Okay. Coffee.

Pie stopped by her usual coffee shop. She was already very impatient and the relatively long line didn't help her nerves at all. When she was finally at the counter and was about to give her order, a man suddenly cut in front of her and ordered a double espresso. Pie was fuming. If looks could kill...

Pie moved closer to the man ready to confront him when he suddenly turned around with his coffee in hand and bumped into Pie. 

Scream.

If you're unsure - yes, that was Pie.

Boom.

Fate.

Destiny.

Coffee.

The double espresso was now all over Pie's white blouse. She was once again fuming and glaring at the man, except more intensely than before. Meanwhile, the man was just staring at her looking surprised. 

"I-I'm sorry!"

"You should be! You ruined my shirt! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"What? I said I'm sorry! Besides, you were standing too close. It was partially your fault too."

"Partially my fault? Really!? YOU CUT THE LINE! I have been waiting so long to get my coffee and I am running late then you just walk in here like you own the place and cut to the front. This is ALL your fault!"

"You know what? I do own the place. Or, well, my sister does. But that's beside the point. It was an accident and I apologized. I can buy you a new shirt if that's what you're so upset about."

"... take off your shirt." 

"What?"

"I said, 'take off your shirt'!" By this time, the whole cafe's attention was on the two. Everybody was staring and some were even recording the whole thing. 

"Whoa! Woman, calm down. Why?"

"I'll use your shirt. Hurry up! Start ing. I can help you if you want. Here."

"Whoa whoa whoa! Stop! What do you think you're doing??? No! I'm not giving you my shirt!"

"Give it!!!"

"No!"

"I'll rip it off you if I have to. Now, give it!" Pie started tugging on the other person's shirt before her hands were pushed off the latter's body.

"YOU'RE INSANE! YOU KNOW WHAT? FINE! HERE HAVE THE SHIRT, PSYCHO!"

Pie immediately grabbed the shirt and ran out.

 

 

"Tsk. Crazy woman." Kinda pretty, though. "Yeah, I gu--What. No. She's just plain crazy." Kim was muttering all to herself.

She decided to skip the coffee. The incident at the cafe totally diverted her attention from an oncoming hangover. She was back at her place waiting for... something. Anything. Yeah, guys she seriously doesn't do anything productive with her day. She decided to open her computer just to have something to do and... 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter