❝ Can U Smile ❞

❝ Some ❞

A loud yawn escaped from his lips while adjusting his coat. Sunggyu was never a morning person. That’s why he always works during the afternoon till dawn. He was standing in front of the Starship building. Though, he arrived a tad late but at least he came. A familiar voice rang to his ear that made him turn around with a small smile on his lips. It’s her. But she was wearing fewer clothes for the cold weather.

“I thought you will never come!” she said joyfully. Too joyful in the morning. That’s what he thought.

“I promised, didn’t I?” he nodded his head and took a glance around the building as she led him inside. Everyone was greeting her politely while they made their way to the elevator.

“Aren’t you cold?” He can’t help to ask as they were finally alone inside the lift. “I’m already used to it now.” That was her only reply. He was about to speak up when the doors opened. They walked out from the elevator and entered the recording studio in the building. Sunggyu might admit that the place look nice and cozy but he will never do that. It was supposed to be his everyday life anyway.

 

“Since we are here, I’ll tell you the real reason.” Soyou started as she faced him with her arms behind her back. “I want you to compose a song for me.” The man’s eyes grew wide and gaped in disbelief. He was supposed to find the real reason why she wanted to do collaboration with him in the first place though. “So that’s the main reason? Then I’m out of here-.” He got up from his seat and was about to step out of the room when her hand stopped him. “Please. Do me a favour. The song you wrote last time was the best that I earn everything I want. The company said that they need another song like that – that’s why I seek for you. You are the only one who can do that for me. The company will pay everything. Trust me.”

Sunggyu wanted to scoff at the words ‘trust me’ when in the first place she stole his spotlight. He swatted her hand off from his and turned his head to see her eyes. “I will never trust you again. Remember that.” He uttered before walking out from the building.

 

She emitted out a deep sigh and plopped down on the couch when someone entered the room. “Perfect timing, boss.” She grumbled and tilted her head to see him with an amused smile. “I told you so. Why are you kept on insisting him, anyway?”

“You know the reason why.” She stood up and walked out from the room, following him quickly before she can lose him.

 

It was autumn already. Different shades of leaves withering from the trees that decorated the whole park where Sunggyu arrived at. The air became chilly as well. He isn’t familiar with the place so he probably got himself lost... again. He doesn’t really have a sense in direction. He was busy kicking some pebbles while walking around the park. People stared at him weirdly as he talked to himself.

“I knew it! You will use me again. Ugh- I can’t believe it that I almost fall for your trap again.”

“Sunggyu! Sunggyu!” He rose his head up as his name being called out. His small eyes saw her once again. But she was panting and beads of sweat forming on her forehead. She was marching towards him but he was just standing there, not knowing what to do. His feet were frozen on the spot. It reminded him a scene when they were young.

He snapped out from his imagination when she knocked his head with her fist.

“Yah! What’s that for?!” He cried out while nursing his head, frowning from the pain.

“That’s for leaving a girl alone in the room.” She grinned while twisting her wrist. “Anyway, I won’t take no for an answer. You’ll write a song for me whether you like it or not.”

He let out a low grunt as he glared at her, barking back at her. “I don’t want to! I can do anything I want!”

She clicked her tongue and sneered at him. “I heard the loan you made for your bar is reaching its deadline.”

‘Damn! How did she know that?! Even Woohyun doesn’t know!’ he shook his head and gave her a serious look. “I can handle my own business. You don’t have to involve yourself.”

“Are you sure? But I doubt you can pay up on time.” She playfully swayed her body while pouting her lips. Before approaching him, the company did a research for her about him. She knows everything how Sunggyu started and survived until now.

“I don’t need your help.” He stated firmly. He will never give up to his temptation. He already did once, and that’s enough.

“You know my number and where you can find me. It’s up to you.” She said before turning around with a victorious smirk on her lips. He will come to her again eventually. She began to walk away confidently from him. Once she left the park, she rubbed her arms as she shivered from the cold. Her dress was too short and the fabric was too thin. She made a wrong choice to wear the outfit. She just wanted to show off in front of him but she did not expect that she will chase after him.

Soyou widened her eyes and gasped as a warm coat was placed on top of her shoulders.  “You are obviously cold. Pabo.” Sunggyu said softly that only two of them can hear it. “Alright, I’ll write you a song but not today. Tomorrow, I’ll come again to the studio.” She felt her cheeks reddened and her heart skipped a beat. It was a weird feeling. Soyou turned around and faced him again with a triumphant smile on her lips while holding the coat on her shoulders. She noticed that he was wearing a turtle neck long sleeved shirt. She silently hoped that he won’t catch a cold.

“Alright then! See you tomorrow, Gyu.” She smiled.

“Gotcha. Jihyun.” He smiled back.

 

--------------------

a/n: another chapter !! woohoo- someone's inspired o w o

don't forget to subscribe and comment! o/