A New Start?

Plastic Flower (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator's pov:

 

Serim tightened her grip on her bagpack, taking slow steps while climbing the stairs to the school's main building. An enormous white colored building with numerous square windows fileld her sight.

her lips and taking a deep breath, she continued to climb the stairs till she reached the entrace, the smell of shoes and soap filling her nostrils.

Her heart was beating fast, the wind blowing through her short hair. It was a strange feeling because she was used to have her long hair flowing in the air if there was wind.

"Serim, don't be nervous, calm down. You can this!" she whispered to herself, an action to try and motivate herself.

Balling up her right hand into a loose fist, Serim knocked on the teacher office's door, the wood giving off a pretty sound. It didn't take long for the door to be opened, a young male teacher looking at her with cocked eyebrows.

"Yes?" he asked when Serim didn't explain who she was and why she was here during classtime.

"I'm the new transfer student." she said, trying to sound composed and calm.

The young teacher, probably around his mid twenties, nodded, opening the wooden door wider so that Serim could enter the coffee scented room.

"I see that your uniform is already on point." the teacher smiled satisfied, walking to his desk to get some papers. "You're in my class, I see. Nice to meet you. I'm the music teacher and your homeroom teacher, Kim Seo Joon."

Serim quickly bowed her head out of politeness, followed by her own introduction.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Shin Seho. Please look after me."

The teacher hummed while nodding, giving her a few documents.

"These need to be filled in, give them back to me tomorrow." 

Serim took the papers and muttered a soft 'yes'.

And just like it was the perfect timing, which barely happens, the school bell rang loudly, sudden noise from students filling the school building.

"I'll take you the classroom. I think you have English right now." taecher Kim said, more to himself than to Serim, his long legs taking large steps.

Serim, who had shorter legs, quickly followed the young teacher, her heartbeat accelerating.

'Xiumin attends this school.' she thought, her lips curling up without her even noticing.

"This is your classroom. Room 3-2." the teacher pointed to the classroom's door before sliding it open. "Class president?" 

A hand touched the air when the student heard those two words. He stood up, his lips curled up in a friendly and almost too polite smile as he walked to the front of the class, the rest of the students lowering down their noise because they wanted to know what was going on.

"Teacher Kim." the class president bowed his head slightly before he let his eyes travel to Serim who was standing nervously next to the teacher.

"This is a new student. He transfered just today, so can you help him to get everything done? Give him a tour around school and bring him to the dorm later."

"Yes, teacher."

"Good." teacher Kim smiled. "I have to go now because I need to start class in the music room. Take care of him." 

The class president smiled softly before speaking to a nervous Serim.

"Hi... I'm Kim Joonmyeon, this class' president. If you have questions, you can ask me." he said, surprising Serim with his soft and smooth voice. He wasn't that bad looking eitehr which made her heart thump slightly.

'What is the meaning of this, Shin Serim?! You can't cheat on Xiumin...!' Serim scolded herself in her head, trying to smile at the class president who raised an eyebrow when Serimd din't answer him.

Joonmyeon clapped his hands loudly, grabbing everyone's attention when he asked everyone to keep it down so that they could hear him.

"We have a transfer student." he said, glancing at Serim who smiled sheepishly. "Introduce yourself." he whispered to Serim.

She bowed her head and scanned the class.

"I'm the new transfer student, Shin Seho, please take care of me." Serim said, less confident than she wanted herself to sound.

"Woah, you look like you have some good genes!" a random guy shouted out of nowh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter