A Week In Your Shoes

A Week In Your Shoes

Jungkook has had his bad days. Some days he’d roll out of bed to find his hair mangled beyond repair, others it was a bright red indentation from accidentally falling asleep on his phone that he’d see in his reflection. Though this time, what greeted him in the mirror was not a bad hair day, not a blemish, not even his usual tired eyes.

High pitched screams were heard through out the dorms, not in Jungkook’s voice, but Jimin’s–the younger set a hand onto his–Jimin’s?–throat, eyes wide in realization that his screams didn’t even sound like himself.

“What the hell! We’re trying to sleep–” a familiar voice sounded at the other side of the bathroom door, and Jungkook swallowed thickly as he watched the knob twist and heard it click open. Just as predicted, he was greeted with his own face peeking in. “Kookie, what’s–”

Both froze up at the sight, staring at each other for a moment. Another high pitched scream was given, and Jimin quickly clamped his (well technically, Jungkook’s) hand over the other’s mouth. “S-Stop that! You’re going to wake the others, and–you’re going to up my voice!” He complained, while the younger, eyes growing wide and almost innocent like, just nodded. He’s almost positive that he could never pull off such faces, even though it was his own face he was staring at.

“W-What the hell is this,” Jungkook breathed out finally when the elder had pulled his hand away, still trying to calm himself down. “I don’t know, I–”

“What the is going on in here, why the is Jimin screaming at the crack of dawn?” They could hear Yoongi groan, peering in along with Seokjin trailing not too far behind, rubbing at his own tired eyes. Both boys froze in place, Jimin’s hands still grabbing Jungkook’s face, though it obviously looked the other way around to the elders. “…What are you two doing?”

“Nothing, Jimin’s the one who screamed!” Jungkook said quickly, trying to save his own though seemed to have forgotten who’s he has at the moment. Jimin pulled back and face palmed at the words. “… Uh huh.. Why is Jimin referring to himself in third person?” Jin had murmured to the Yoongi, though they could all hear him. “It’s too early for this . I’m going back to bed. Jimin if I hear you scream again I won’t hesitate to suffocate you in your sleep,” Yoongi warned, pointing a finger at Jungkook.

Jungkook found it hard to stay composed throughout this, he wasn’t used to being spoken to like Jimin, nor was he used to being in Jimin’s body, obviously. Once they were left alone again, Jungkook turned back to Jimin and gave him a look of pure worry. “Why didn’t you tell them?!”

“Tell them what? That we woke up in each other’s bodies? Do you know how mental that sounds, Jungkook? They’ll think we’ve gone crazy!”

“Well what do you expect us to do? I can’t live the rest of my life in your body!”

“Stop freaking out! Do I really sound that annoying when I whine?” Jimin scoffed when Jungkook didn’t hesitate to nod, the little spark of sass returning to the younger for the first time that day. “Just.. We need to figure this out first, but until then..”

“What, pretend to be each other?”

“Do you have a better idea?” Jimin narrowed his eyes, and Jungkook had to admit that watching his own features turn to that demeanor freaked him out a bit. Is that what he’d always looked like when giving the other looks? 

“Fine,”

“Okay, well, get out then. I need to pee–”

“What? No! Not with my body you don’t–” Jungkook snapped almost instantly, grabbing hold of his shoulders. “Are you kidding? Do you want my, oh wait I’m sorry, your bladder to explode?” He had a point, but Jungkook could feel his face heating up at the thought, and shook his head. 

“Don’t look, then.”

“How am I supposed to–”

Don’t.


“I’m kind of digging this, now.” Jimin had voiced the next day, after they’d returned from their practice schedule. It was difficult to adjust to Jungkook’s routines as apposed to his own, but then again he figured he’d be thankful that at least he’d swapped a body with a dancer-vocalist like himself, and not a rapper like Namjoon or Yoongi. That would’ve been much more difficult to fake.

“Digging what? That you’ve stolen my body or that you get to peek at me ?” Jungkook groaned as he opened up the fridge, reaching for a bottle of water. “I told you, and promised, that I don’t peek unless I have to, Kookie.” The older boy clarified, leaning back against the counter. “I like playing Jeon Jungkook. I get so much praise, I feel golden.” He teased, sticking out his tongue as Jungkook gave a scoff, holding back a glare as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead. They were still waiting on the hyungs to finish their showers before they’d get their chance.

Honestly, even if it had only been a day or two, Jungkook missed his body and life. He scowled every time someone praised Jimin as the golden maknae, because goddammit he’d tried so hard to get that title, and even more so when they’d treat and baby him because unlike himself, who would push all the affection and baby-ing away, Jimin ate it all up. He was growing jealous, and the fact that everyone only teased and messed with him in this body didn’t make it any better.

“I get to be babied and taken care of by the others. And I can definitely get used to this height thing, I’m finally taller than you, Jungkookie~” Jimin cooed, earning a loud crackle of the plastic bottle in Jungkook’s hand, the younger boy pursing his lips. “Shut up, I hate this and you’d better not get used to it. By the way, you at pretending to be me.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, I’m doing a great job.” Jimin claimed and the younger had to hold back the urge to twitch. Jimin was no where near accurate when it came to being Jungkook, the maknae was shocked that no one had asked what was up with him yet. “For one, I don’t stand like that. You’re making me look shorter. And two, you’re being way too affectionate to be me. I’m pretty sure everyone has noticed that.” Trailing onto more reasons and tips on how to fix his facade, Jungkook soon noted the fact that he was pretty much talking to himself as Jimin was currently rummaging through the fridge as he was moments ago.


God, he hated Park Jimin right now. How could he look at him with such a bright smile–his bright smile–while he was getting all the attention that rightfully belonged to Jungkook.

He didn’t once stop to think about how the situation felt from Jimin’s point of view, because his mind was only clouded with his own selfish thoughts right now. He wanted his body back, and he was sick of Jimin using it. He’d even made the other shower with him just to make sure he didn’t peek at any thing, and yes if that meant awkwardly scrubbing his own body while the elder possessing it hummed casually, then so be it.

Though he’s sure Jimin’s snuck peeks else where. Promise? As if, who would hold something like that when they were literally attached to temptation.

This did more than spark interest in Jungkook, but he pushed it away, trying to avoid looking anywhere but at the clothes of Jimin’s he’d laid out to slip into the boy’s body. He’d managed to get the underwear and shorts on without much fuss, though the upper half took much… Much longer. He’d caught his glance in the mirror, eyes slowly trailing down the chest and his lips.

The pads of his fingers trailed down the toned abs, and damn if Jungkook hadn’t already imagined what it would’ve felt like to touch them he would’ve been shocked at how fast they’d clenched and tensed at the touch. So Jimin’s body was sensitive.. Noted.

Or, wait, no.

Quickly shaking his head, Jungkook turned away to quickly continue getting dressed because he was not going to start enjoying this. He was not going to start admiring Jimin’s body or even give it second looks just because he was in it. He was not.


It took all but two more days for Jungkook to get so fed up, that he’d pulled Jimin by the wrist into the same bathroom they’d met in when this problem had started, and locked the door.

“Give it back.”

“Give what back?”

“My ing body!” The boy snapped, And Jimin’s lips pulled into a frown. Those are my lips, stop using them.

“Why are you yelling at me like it’s my fault? I don’t have control over this,” he finally gained his voice, pulling his wrist out of Jungkook’s grip. Jungkook didn’t know whether to buy it or stay angry at him, because the reality of it was that Jimin really didn’t know what could help it. “If I could I’d give you it back, trust me. It’s not even worth the fun you think I’m getting out of it.”

“Bull, you’re enjoying this too much.”

“I’m really not, not anymore.” Jimin muttered, expression serious as he stepped closer, causing Jungkook to back up a bit and hit the wall. He groaned, rubbing the back of his head. “What are you talking about, you said it yourself. You love the attention you’re getting now.” The younger frowned, arms crossing over his chest as he tried to keep a straight face when faced with his own.

“It was nice at first, yeah, I don’t usually get the attention.” It was true, and even Jungkook had to admit it, because the maknae gained so much praise from not only the other members but from Jimin, mostly. Jimin was the one to give rather than receive. “But I didn’t get the attention I wanted.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? I got sick just watching you get it,” The younger groaned, before he felt Jimin’s heavy huff of breath hit his collarbone. 

“I didn’t get your attention, did I?”

Jungkook was quiet at that, lips parting in a bit of confusion. He pressed them back together again, unsure of what to say. So Jimin spoke for him.

“… How big of an ego would I have if I asked to kiss myself right now?”