Chapter 4

Flying Feathers

A/n: Sorry for the late update. School happened OTL I hope you like this chapter ^-^ Please comment if you do~

      And sorry for any typos >.<  i was kind of in a rush~~

Enjoy *~*

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It wasn't an easy task to find a taxi driver that would drive them to the area where the building, in which Baekhyun was found, was located. They didn't want to enter the shady and suspicious area and wondered why these young men would want to go there. What business do they have there?

 

After walking around the centre of Seoul for some time now they finally found a big enough taxi all nine of them could fit into and with the driver agreeing on driving them there. The only condition was that they would have to pay a bit more than the usual fee. They gladly accepted the offer and Junmyeon volunteered to pay for the drive.

 

Half an hour later the boys stepped out of the vehicle and checked their surroundings with wide eyes.

 

„Eww, I stepped into something gooey!“ the youngest yelled and shook his foot in the air and tried to get it off.

 

„I think we should move before we get unnecessary attention thanks to this guy“ Kyungsoo said and looked straight at Sehun.

 

„Hey, don't blame me! It's not my fault that this disgusting something is on the sidewalk, now is it?“ he sassed back and rubbed his right foot over the concrete and got the substance off of his shoes.

 

Kyungsoo snorted and continued observing the buildings they were standing in front of. The buildings looked rather ramshackled and not safe at all. The paint was coming off, a door wasn't on its hinges anymore and some windows were broken.

 

„What a nice place to live in.“

 

„Shut up, Sehun. Let's get going. The building is just down the street and on the right side.“

 

The group of nine started walking towards their final destination and Sehun judgingly looked at the gooey substance on the ground next to him before he started following his friends.

 

„Stupid gross something. It's your fault that he others are being mean to me.“

 

„Sehun, stop blaming the dirt on the floor for your dumbness. Okay? Good“ Tao spoke up and to that Sehun only huffed in annoyance.

 

„Pft, whatever.“

 

They almost immediately reached the surprisingly tall building and stopped in front of it to inspect it more. It was painted in a fading gray color and the walls were additionally adorned with graffiti. Other than that, it didn't look much different from the other houses next to it.

 

„S-so, shall we?“ Junmyeon stammered and cleared his throat awkwardly after that.

 

The others' nodded hesitantly and took staggering steps towards the entrance.

 

Baekhyun got to the destination he was ordered to come to and stood in front of this old and kind of scary building. It freaked him out.

 

Why the hell would he want to meet me here all of a sudden? We just met a few hours back“ he speculated and took his surroundings in.

It was pretty dark and the shadows that were created by the flickering lamp posts gave an eerie feeling to this whole neighbourhood. Not that it wasn't scary enough already. He shuddered a bit and rubbed his forearms while checking his phone for the time.

 

He's late...Come on, hurry up already“ Baekhyun sighed and hopped around to warm himself up. He was only wearing a thin cardigan over his button-up with jeans and nothing else.

 

Suddenly he heard footsteps behind him with something grazing the ground, maybe something wooden?

 

He turned around with hope in his eyes to see the familiar face he was waiting for only to gasp in shock and take a step back. There was a person clad in black taking small steps towards him from the other side of the road, dragging what seemed to be a baseball bat behind him. He couldn't make out his face, the shadows were dancing around his face, covering it up completely.

 

, I have to hide somewhere. That guy looks like a psycho“ he whispered to himself hastily and turned around, running into the old building to hide from that person.

 

They opened the creaking door after pulling away the police cordon and finally entered a long hallway. It surprised them, that the building looked a lot bigger on the inside than it did from the outside. The hallway seemed to stretch on and on, never ending. The floor showed bumps and uneven patches under the ragged, old carpet.

 

They had luck that it was still day-time, however, the dim lighting and the flickering lights made it harder for them to see everything. They couldn't imagine walking through the wreck at night. What did Baekhyun have to go through?

 

„Hey guys, what's that?“ Sehun asked and pointed at something a few meters ahead of them.

 

„I think that are those yellow things the police leaves at a crime scene to mark evidence or something like that“ Chen replied and Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

„I know what that is. I was talking about the black thing next to it. It's not easy to see in here, because of the lighting and carpet color.“

 

They stepped closer and closer to it and Chanyeol crouched down, taking it into his hands.

 

Dammit, what should I do?“ Baekhyun was having a nervous breakdown, holding his head and walking in circles in the narrow hallway. He was pretty sure that the person was still following him, he could hear him faintly. He took some steps back from the door and tried to listen closely.

 

I know you're there behind the door~~“ drawled a deep and sultry voice behind the door.

 

Hiding away from me~~ Haa~~ How funny~“ The man spoke further and freaked the hell out of Baekhyun.

 

No. No no no no! ! !“ he cursed and turned around running down the corridor, panting, while his heart tried desperately to spring out of his chest.

 

You can try and run but I 'll get to you anyway~!“ The creepy voice yelled after a running Baekhyun and laughed maniacally.

 

Baekhyun heard the door creak open in the distance and turned around. However, he felt something collide with his foot and it send him flying five feet over the uneven ground, causing him to scrape his knees, elbows and chin. He groaned and slowly picked himself up to run even further away from the person. When his ears picked up the door closing shut and footsteps echoing against the walls he sprinted further down into the darkness, hoping to find and exit.

 

Run run RUN! Come on feet, RUN!“

 

Chanyeol brought it in front of his eyes and examined it.

 

„It looks like some thin, black string. It feels quite robust, too. And by the way, Sehun's right. You wouldn't be able to see it in the dark.“

 

„The string must've been put up here to make someone...trip?“ Tao scratched his neck confusedly.

 

„Seems like it. There are some dark splotches scattered around here...could be blood“ Suho gulped after crouching down himself.

 

They knew what must've happened. „So the murderer put this up as a trap right? But how the hell did he know that Baekhyun would trip over this? He could've run over it, you know what I mean?“ Kai asked uneasily and glanced around.

 

„That person must be very intelligent to plan something like this...“ Kyungsoo added and the others agreed.

 

„S-shall we go on?“ Suho asked.

 

„Yeah let's go.“

 

Yeah, come on! Run, run faster if you can! Try to escape me. You'll never succeed, Bacon~“ he hysterically laughed and Baekhyun staggered a bit.

 

He just called me by my nickname...and that laugh... No! It can't be! It can't be him, it just can't!“ he thought and turned a corner, trying to hold up his pace but it got increasingly harder and harder. His knees burned with every movement of his legs and it hurt him so much.

 

All of a sudden there was a gunshot. Baekhyun screamed and a tear ran down his wet face. The perpetrator fired at the wall and the bullet pierced through the paper-thin walls like it was nothing.

 

„There's a hole in the wall“ Chen observed and pointed at it.

 

„Looks like a...bullet hole“ Lay claimed and the friends had to agree with him.

 

„Well...let's get going now“ Someone said after they spend some minutes trying to find something else besides the hole in the wall.

 

„Okay. Let's see where this leads us to.“

 

He couldn't run no more. He was exhausted and perspirating so much that it couldn't be said if those were tears or sweat pearls rolling down his face in loads. Baekhyun stopped and leaned against a wall trying to catch his breath. He didn't hear the person anymore but that could be because all he could hear was his heart beating loudly in his ears. He had never been this exhausted and mentally drained like that.

 

He didn't expect this coming, not at all. His scream got caught up in his throat and he swallowed hard looking down. There was a knife piercing the side of his torso. He watched it slowly slide out and he gripped onto the wound breathing hard.

 

Aww Baekkie, don't let your guard down. It can be fatal, you know?“he mocked and talked like he would with a child. He brought the knife up to his face and caressed the blade with his index finger.

 

Baekhyun had no idea where he came from but he knew that he had to get away from him, fast. He was bleeding profusely and he started running again while holding onto his throbbing side.

 

The man just chuckled and jumped up, excited that his victim was still able to run.

 

This is so fun~!“ He clapped in glee and followed Baekyhun further and further down the hallway, a sinister smile on his face.

 

The boys came across a door but it wouldn't budge. What was more interesting were the splotches of blood next to it, already dried and looking almost a dark black. They found some more on the floor and on the wall opposite of it was a dark red, black handprint. Chanyeol outlined it with his index finger and put his palm onto it. His was clearly bigger than the one on the wall but he knew who it belonged to. It was clear as day to him and the others. He sighed and closed his eyes, clenching them hard together. Before Kyungsoo could pat his back comfortingly he pulled forward and started walking again. His friends followed him, of course, although wary and feeling sad.

 

The puzzle pieces seemed to put themselves together but it seemed like they started to change its shape when you finally put it into his rightful place. They somehow 'saw' what happened but they would never understand it. Never. Why would someone kill their beloved friend?

 

Why are you doing this?!“ Baekhyun yelled and kept on running. There was no answer for some time but then he felt hot breath fan over his neck and that voice speak to him.

 

Don't you already know why?“ He chuckled and put the knife through Baekhyuns torso again, this time a bit higher and not as deep as the first stab.

 

Baekhyun gasped and blinked rapidly. „Where did he come from?!?“ he asked himself and his eyes rolled back into his skull.

 

The knife was pulled out harshly and fast, causing Baekhyun to struggle and fall forward a little. He was kneeing on the floor when his hair was yanked back and he looked into the eyes of the man chasing him. There were no words coming out of his throat but grunts and shaky breaths.

 

Wouldn't it be a shame if something happened to your beautiful face?“ The murderer spoke and dragged his knife down Baekhyuns face in . Over and over again. He seemed to enjoy himself a lot.

 

Oh! What about your voice?“ He smirked and lashed at the others neck and throat. „Everybody seems to like it....so let's hear it, hm?“

 

Baekhyuns eyes opened and he screamed.

 

„GAAAAAH!!!“

 

„What the hell!? What happened, what happened?!“ Minseok asked a freaked out Sehun and grabbed onto his arms. His friends were quite aware of his yell and held onto their hearts.

 

„T-there was a-a ra-rat!“ His friends scoffed and hit his head for being a prissy.

„B-but they were scratching their noses over the dried puddle of blood over here!“ He said disgusted and wrinkled his nose.

 

And indeed they didn't see the splattered blood over the old carpet and it surprised them quite frankly. Someone sighed exasperatedly and after a few minutes of examining their surroundings they decided to continue their crazy journey inside of this broken building. It somehow represented the broken state they were in at the moment. It took quite a toll on them. This wasn't like a walk in the park after all. It was more like a walk through a haunted house, just even worse than that.

 

He let go of Baekhyuns hair after he was sure that he left enough marks on his face and neck. He chuckled and dragged his knife one last time over his victims face for good measure.

 

Baekhyun fell forward and the blood gushed out of his wounds in never ending streams of agony. His tears were flowing and mixed with the blood, trickling into his wounds, leaving a burning feeling behind. How could his body be this cruel, putting salt into his wounds eventhough they already hurt so so much.

 

Alright Baekkie, I'll give you one last chance of running away from me, okay? But don't mess this one up like you did before~ I won't be this forgiving anymore, you know? So go on now, go~“ he ushered Baekhyun away and turned around, stretching nonchalantly and yawning with the knife in front of his face.

 

Baekhyun spluttered and coughed up blood while he was trying to stand up on wobbly legs. He tried grabbing onto something to keep himself up and standing and the only thing in sight was the wall. He staggered down the hallway from one side of the wall to the other and held his bleeding wounds. His sight was getting hazy and combined with the flickering lights it was hard for him to see where he was going to. Baekhyun then ran into a wall in front of him and groaned. He tried to feel around him if there was a room or something similar he could go into. He just hoped that it wouldn't be a dead end.

 

To his left side he felt a door knob and he grabbed onto it and twisted and turned it with the last power he summoned, pushing it open. Tripping inside of it he closed the door and went to a corner of the room where he could still see the door from. Falling onto his knees, he twisted his body around and sat on the floor panting hard, almost choking on his own blood and tears.He was shaking in fear and blood loss, exasperatedly swiping on his eyes. The tears and blood just wouldn't stop flowing out his body. The stab wounds on his torso made breathing really painful and spilled out more red liquid the more he tried to take a deep breath or just so much as move an inch.

 

It was suspicious that he didn't hear nor see him anymore. The only entrance was the door he came in from and he has been staring at it heavily the whole time now. He somehow felt someone glaring at him from inside the darkness of the other side of the room, it freaked him out and made him paranoid. Was he already inside of the room watching him, silently enjoying seeing him this distraught and frightened?

 

„Here are handprints all over the wall, on the other side too“ Minseok observed while following his friends.

„This is all so cruel. Who would do this? And why?“ Tao cried out and sniffed.

 

„A sadistic psychopath that loves seeing people suffer“ Chanyeol bitterly exclaimed.

 

The boys now came across a dead end or so it seemed at first glance. The wall had several prints of blood on it and they followed it to the left side of the corridor. Some of them cringed and pinched their nose because of the increasingly foul smell the near they got to the door.

 

„Look, there's blood around the handle as well. Should we...you know... go inside?“ Kyungsoo asked and turned around to his friends who all agreed albeit reluctantly. When he saw Jongin trembling next to Sehun, that was no better by the way, he stepped in between them and held their hands comfortingly. They thanked him in a hushed manner. It was not like the others weren't scared of what would await them on the other side of the room but Tao and the younger ones were struck with fear more than their friends were.

 

Suho got a tissue out of his pocket and twisted the door knob open. The door creaked open and revealed a pitch black room.

 

„Look for a light switch, Suho hyung“ Chanyeol murmured and tried to make something, anything out in the dark.

 

„I'll try“ he answered and stuck one hand inside of the room to feel the wall up for a light switch. After a few minutes of utter silence with Suho gliding his hand up and down the wall continuously he let out a huff in delight.

 

„I found it.“ He pressed on the switch and the lights slowly but surely flickered to light. Some weren't working and almost all of them were flickering. On the right side of the middle sized room the lights surprisingly worked and illuminated the horrific scene that played in front of their eyes.

 

Someone gagged because of the smell of blood mixed with mold and the image wasn't helping relieving their irritated stomachs at all, it just worsened it a lot more. Slow and tentative steps were taken inside of the room and the friends looked around sniffing quietly to themselves. Sehun and Jongin were still gripping onto Kyungsoo and the latter would lie if he'd say that it didn't comfort him too. It seemed like Chanyeol was the only brave soul that slowly walked to a distinctive corner of the room without wavering more than a few seconds. It was just horrible.

 

Blood must've been everywhere. The floor was covered in it and so were the walls around it. It did dry to an extent but some of it still looked a bit damp. Nobody would try and confirm it though.

 

As Chanyeol got nearer and nearer, his friends followed him a few steps behind and felt themselves getting sick to their stomachs. They examined the crime scene in front of them after ripping the tape from the police away to be able to step even closer. Chanyeol squinted his eyes when his eyes caught something small in said corner. It looked like scrawny handwriting.

 

„Hey guys...is there something written there on the wall?“ he asked them and Minseok bravely stepped forward, even closer to it.

 

„It is... .“

 

Baekhyun heard a chuckle from within the room and yelped, pulling his legs up to his chest even though everything inside his body hurt from his action. He groaned in pain and his eyes flickered around but he just couldn't see him anymore.

Are you trying to see where I am? Nice try, but you won't be able to see me unless I let you“ He giggled and revealed his form in front of Baekhyun. The frightened boy grabbed onto the floor and pawed onto it with his bloody fingers. Maybe it was because of the blood loss or he turned crazy from paranoia and fear but an idea came to his mind. He heard the other man start talking and he tried to ignore it to concentrate on the task he set for himself.

 

I know, this must be confusing for you, Baekhyun but it's for the best you know? I...“ He continued talking and Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. He just hoped the other would be talking long enough for him to succeed with his plan.

 

He knew that he would die, there was no time questioning that. He knew for a fact that the police would find him and if they would, he knew that his friends would know of his death. A silent tear ran down his face and he wimpered. It would be unavoidable. In this moment he hoped they would be stubborn enough to invade this place and search around. He really hoped for it to happen.

 

He moved his hand to a wound on his torso and put a finger inside of it. He bit his lips and stole a quick glance at the man in front of him. He had his back turned to him and was talking about something in the past that Baekhyun, quite frankly, didn't care about at all as of now. He shifted his body a bit to hide his actions from the perpetrator if he choose to turn around now. His shaking hands were scrawling something on the wall behind him with his own blood and he hoped for it to be readable. He had to be quick so he didn't have the time to reveal the mans identity but he hoped it would suffice.

 

He heard the man in front of him sigh and turn around. Baekhyun quickly pulled his hand back onto his lap and stared at the person in front of him. He was surprised that he didn't see him, he must've went back into the dark while talking nonsense. He tried backing up even more to create more space between them.

 

Baekhyuns strained voice cracked when he tried to utter comprehensible words.

 

Why? Why would you do this?...“

 

„The writing says....“

 

 

 „One of you... What does that mean? Does this have anything to do with the killer?“ Minseok asked.

 

„No...it can't be true. It couldn't be one of us! Maybe the killer put it there to confuse us“ Tao screamed and clutched at his head. The others soon followed into insanity and they started to loose their minds.

 

When the mans eyes stopped at him he knew he was dead. His soon-to-be-murderer smirked and stepped closer to him with a knife dangling between his fingers dangerously.

 

Ahh Baekhyun~ Do you really think that I wouldn't notice? That I wouldn't notice you scribbling something onto the wall? You're really funny“ He laughed and Baekhyun gulped in fear.

 

Actually, I think it's not a bad idea. Let's see if the police will actually care enough about you and your crazy writings while facing death“ He chuckled and crouched down in front of Baekhyun who flinched back hard.

You're scared? Yeah, you should be“ His demeanor changed completely. He was dead serious now.

 

Trying to defy me? Hmpf, I'll have to teach you a lesson~ How about I punish that little, naughty arm of yours, huh? Sounds fun doesn't it?“

 

The man started slicing at Baekhyuns arm almost immediately and basked in the loud cries of agony coming from Baekhyun. The boys vision turned hazier and hazier and his body started slipping in and out of consciousness consecutively for a few minutes. The pain was unbearable almost as unbearable as the pain he felt in his heart for being betrayed by one of his brothers.

 

Why...“ He whispered and his head started lolling back and front.

 

Because it's fun Baekkie, because it's f-u-n~“ The other continued slicing and cracking Baekhyuns bones. It wouldn't be much anymore until his arm would be detached from his body.

 

Finishing his task, the cold-hearted man stood in front of his artwork and admired it for a while and glanced at Baekhyun.

 

I know you'll be dead in a few minutes caused by blood loss but I don't have any more time to spare for you~ I have to meet up with the others“ He smirked.

 

Let's end this, shall we? I actually liked you, so let's see this as an act of mercy towards a suffering friend, hmm? It's over soon.“

 

Baekhyun looked one last time into the eyes of his murderer and kept asking himself why he would do such a thing. His last thought went out to his friends and his sliced lips twitched at one corner.

He closed his eyes forever when the blade made contact with his body and he wondered if he'd see them again.

 

„OKAY, CALM THE DOWN WILL YOU??“ Chanyeol screamed. He couldn't take seeing his friends going mad over something like this. He didn't want that to happen. And he was sure that Baekhyun didn't want that too.

 

The others stopped pacing around crazily and looked at Chanyeol.

 

„I think we should get some fresh air. The air is suffocating in here and you all seem to have gotten mental. Let's just calm down and talk about this somewhere else okay?“

 

„Y-yeah, you're right. Let's go.“ Suho whispered ashamed of his actions and ushered the others out of the room.

 

Chanyeol was the last to leave. He looked at the spot his best friend died in and a tear escaped his eyes.

 

„Rest in peace, Byun Baekhyun“ He whispered and closed the door on one of the biggest chapters of his life, one of the happiest and loveliest he's ever had. It hurt but he had to let go. They all had to let go eventually and it would be better to start sooner than later.