C H A P T E R 3

Dating 101 [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"This one is pretty good, too." Jongdae placed yet another book onto the growing pile of books that teetered in its place on top of the table. "I think I saw one back there that may pique your interest, hold on."

Aira, who sat in a chair with her shoulders slumped, watched as Jongdae walked off to pick another book out. She couldn't grasp onto the reason as to why they were here out of all places.

Sure, Jongdae said it was to check some romance novels out but what good would that do for her? Nearly everything that happens in a fictional novel is made-up, that's why they're categorized under the fiction genre. 

Drumming her fingers against the wooden table, she counted the number of books that were stacked haphazardly in front of her. Counting six in total, she shook her head with a sigh. Jongdae couldn't possibly expect for her to have the time to read all of these. 

Aira still wondered why someone like Jongdae was helping her out in the first place. Even though he assured her that his help was not to be taken as something that needed to be repaid, she still felt uneasy with what his true intentions may be.

She didn't think of Jongdae as someone dangerous. It was the opposite. She found him as a kind person and liked the fact that he was nice enough to help out a complete stranger and not expect anything return. She just felt as though he was doing this for her only to tell her that he wants her to do something for him later on in the future. 

She shook her head to rid herself of these thoughts as she reached over to pick up the newest book Jongdae had added to the collection. Turning the book over to read the summary on the back cover, her ears picked up on whispered voices that were conversing with each other behind her.

"It's seriously not that hard to remember these dates," someone stated,"what are you not getting?"

"Everything." The other voice groaned in annoyance. "Why should I care about what year the first nuclear bomb was created in? It's pointless and I'm pretty sure I won't need to remember this in the future."

"Jongin, please shut up."

Another groan came from the boy, Jongin, as he closed the textbook and proceeded to stretch his arms over his head. "Even if I cram these notes in my head for the next few days, I'm still going to flunk that history test." The boy was so preoccupied with complaining that he hadn't noticed he was leaning back a little too far until his closed fist hit the back of Aira's head.

An elicited ow came from Aira as she clutched the back of her head, immediately turning in her seat to see who hit her. She faced two boys who looked rather surprised with her reaction. The boy farther away from her had his eyes widened in acknowledgement while the one who sat directly behind her had a sheepish smile on his tanned features.

"Sorry about that." He chuckled, keeping his smile. "I didn't meant to hit you."

"It's fine," Aira waved her hand as if to brush off the fact she literally got punched in the head by a total stranger. 

"You should seriously consider the people around you before you start going into whining mode, Jongin-ah." The boy across the table scolded to his companion.

Jongin pouted at his words and whined once more,"I said I was sorry."

"It's seriously fine," Aira interrupted their little argument,"as long as you didn't do it on purpose and apologized then I'm fine with it." 

Jongin showed her another smile and opened his mouth to say something when someone else beat him to speaking.

"Hey, I found two more books!" Jongdae called out to Aira, earning more than a few shushes from the students around them. "Sorry." He apologized in embarrassment. He looked back over at Aira and waved the two said books that occupied both his hands in the air as he strode over to where Aira sat. He placed the two books next to the pile before looking over to the two boys Aira had been talking to seconds ago. "Oh, hey guys. I didn't notice you two here before."

"You know them?" Aira asked.

Was there anyone Jongdae didn't know? She wondered as he nodded with a grin.

"Kyungsoo and I were in the same high school and we're both in the Filming Club, and I've known Jongin since last year." Jongdae replied, confidently. "We hang out once in a while, as well."

"You're quite the social butterfly, aren't you?" Aira mused, looking over at the books to examine them. 

"I think he'd be better off as a camel." Jongin teased. His joke was rewarded with Jongdae punching him in the arm. Jongin started to laugh as he fended off Jongdae's flying fist,"Come on, Hyung. I was just joking around."

"Your jokes aren't funny." Jongdae retorted, slipping into the chair next to Aira's. "Go back to studying."

"Don't worry, we'll leave you two alone." Jongin gave a knowing smirk to Jongdae, causing the latter to blush. 

"Y-yah! I'm helping her study, too!" Jongdae hurriedly said, feeling the burn in his cheeks grow hotter. 

Aira and Kyungsoo continued to watch the exchange between the two boys until Kyungsoo spoke u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter