Byeontae

Peaches and Suga
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byeontae .05.

 

The first thing Suga felt was a bitter chill upon gaining consciousness.

He shivered, rubbing his arms beneath the layers of fleece blankets and groaned. Why was it so cold? He never woke up to such cold indoor conditions considering he always made sure to keep the heating at a constant, comfortable temperature so that he’d never be disturbed. If there was one thing he hated about sleep, it was the fact that it did not last. He hated getting up. It was the one thing he dreaded for as long as he could remember.

The one thing he dreaded ever since her absence.

Yet there was another problem. Sunlight streamed in from somewhere high above, hitting his face relentlessly and he cringed at the searing heat. As much as he wanted to continue sleeping, there was no way he could ignore the intense contrast of heat from above and cold from below.

He opened his eyes slowly; squinting from the beam of sun directly in his face; and sat up. He rubbed at his eyes and stretched slowly, however the first thing that occurred to him was pain. Pain that lingered all over his biceps in gruesome throbs, and he immediately winced at the awful sensation of his tendons wailing in agony.

‘Yah…!’ Suga flinched, quickly withdrawing his arms. ‘What the…’

He paused immediately; eyes widening at the unnatural sound of his voice. It was thin, high-pitched, and almost unbelievably feminine. Did he eat or drink something unusual the night before? He frowned in deep thought, trying to recollect anything out of the ordinary from last night, however his attention quickly shifted to the foreign surroundings.

He stared with wide eyes at stark white walls where paint chipped in some areas, the high factory windows, the general lack of decoration, postcards of ninjas on the opposing wall, his hand…

A nameless dread settled in his gut the moment he laid eyes on the single hand beside him. He raised it, staring at it like some expensive porcelain decoration and frowned deeply. He knew he had particularly well-kept hands. But staring at his fingers as he curled and then uncurled them repeatedly, he couldn’t help but notice that they were incredibly tiny. Not at all hands that were large, manly, and… the moment he realized he wasn’t wearing any of his rings, he shot out of bed.

Despite the pain that hit his body from head to toe upon standing up so abruptly, he staggered towards the bathroom… or at least he hoped it was the bathroom. He had an awful feeling of unease and his heart pounded as he threw open the only closed door in sight, and marching to the tiny mirror above the cracked sink, he stood petrified at what he saw.

 

A girl stared back at him in the mirror. Light brown hair sticking out from all sides of the messy bun at the back of her head; bags under her puffy eyes; pale cheeks that gained a little colour as he patted them a few times… Suga stepped back. And the person in the mirror did the same. He felt the blood drain from his face and shut his eyes quickly.

‘OK, breathe…,’ he chanted to himself. ‘Breathe, Min Yoongi. This… this is not real. This is a dream and you’re going to wake up soon. Very soon.’

He remained standing idle in the bathroom for a white longer until his toes grew frighteningly cold. Standing on tiled floor in a mid-winter morning was definitely not for the faint-hearted. However he couldn’t move from the spot. Despite the icy sensation making its way to his ankles, he couldn’t find the strength to leave the mirror until he proved to himself it was really a dream… even though he stopped dreaming at all a long time ago.

Yet the sensation of cold was too real. He opened his eyes slowly, nervously – certain that the moment he did, he’d wake up in his own bed and this would all be a crazy dream – but she was still there. And she stared at him with the same dread-filled eyes as he did.

‘This…,’ he touched his face again, watching in disbelief as the girl who replaced his reflection did the same. ‘This can’t be happening…!’

The sound of a door unlatching made him jump out of his skin. Was there someone else in the apartment? He clutched his racing heart in an attempt to soothe the mad pounding in his chest, however his hand only came into contact with soft swells.

What the… he looked down almost instantly, staring in horror as his hand rested between two s under his green shirt and screamed.

Oh my God! s! I have s! You have GOT to be freaking kidding me!

‘Momo…!’ a concerned voice neared the bathroom, followed by someone appearing at the doorframe almost instantly. ‘Momo, what happened!?’

Suga touched his lip, staring in absolute horror at the boy in the doorframe. He had his arms over his chest, desperately trying not to relive the past few seconds of terror, and sat against the rim of the bathtub behind him.

Staring at Momoe as she fell back against the tub, Sehun’s frowned deepened. Even though she tended to be a drama queen at times, her reaction was a first for him. Which only made him grow more concerned. ‘Did something happen? Are you OK? Feeling any pain?’

 

‘Uh…’ Suga stared blankly at the boy, unable to respond to his questions…

And the pressing frown he wore didn’t make it any easier. He remained glued to the doorframe; shoulders squared and ready to call 911 at how genuinely worried he looked; and Suga quickly cleared his throat, tucking an irritating strand of long brown hair behind his ear.

‘Um—uh—I was just… you know…’ stuck in this girl’s body and have no idea what to do? He was incredibly tempted to voice his dilemma.

In fact, the boy’s widened eyes and concerned frowning was so intense that he looked like he’d believe anything at this point.

‘I’m…’ he started, thinking over his next few words but manned up just as quickly. If this was his new reality, there was no way in hell he was going to sit back and accept it. ‘This isn’t my body. I woke up as this girl, but I swear this isn’t me.’

Sehun’s frown now accommodated a cocked eyebrow. ‘Say what now?’

Suga swallowed hard; the absence of a protruding Adam’s apple making the natural action feel incredibly unfamiliar. He didn’t like it. ‘Listen to me,’ he pressed, vexed at the cool sweat that dribbled down his temple. ‘I’m saying that I woke up in someone else’s body. This… Momo’s body. I’m not Momo.’

The urgency in her eyes was so intense that Sehun actually seriously considered this for a moment. She remained unmoving on the bathtub edge; sliding her thumb over her bottom lip with upturned eyebrows like some kid who was just caught pushing a classmate over on the playground; and the two shared a moment’s silence.

Sehun revealed one hand from his black coat pocket and rested against the doorframe with one shoulder; the action making his entire body slump to one side. The black mop of hair teetering over his sleepy-looking pair of eyes.

‘OK…’ he said, making an exaggerated circular movement with his single wrist and pushed his head back. ‘I’m gonna back aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter