Chapter 3: Jimin

One By One (We All Go Down) [HIATUS]

"Nothing. He said they could find no clues. It's only the dead rose that's a clue but you can't get anything out of that. Not even a fingerprint!" NamJoon hyung shouts. We're all sitting in the living room and he's telling us what the police told him.

"Do they have the rose?" Jungkook asked. NamJoon hyung nodded his head. Then, there was a sudden knock on our door.

TaeHyung stood up from the couch and walked towards the door. He looked through the peep-hole and then opened the door.

"PD-nim?" TaeHyung said, sounding confused.

"I was coming over to see if you guys had news on what's going on but then I saw this note on your door." PD-nim says, holding up a folded note. He hands it to TaeHyung and TaeHyung opens it.

"It's just a drawing of a smiley face and a stick figure." he says, showing us the paper. That's really all it was.

"What the?" TaeHyung says, crumpling it up and throwing it in the trash can.

"Well, any news though?" PD-nim asks us. We shook our heads and he sighs. "We still have no contact of him. The fact that his phone is at his house means we can't track him."

"He wouldn't leave just like that." Jin hyung says. We all agreed.

"Especially since we have a performance soon as well." YoonGi hyung says. PD-nim sighs and walks out.

"Good thing we don't have practice today." TaeHyung says, laying down on the ground. We all nod in agreement. We can rest today and just try to forget about what's going on. And if we can't forget, at least not be stressed out about it.

"We're performing in 3 days. I don't know if I can stable my mind in 3 days." Jin hyung says, rubbing his temples.

"We have to try at least." NamJoon hyung says. Jin hyung looks at him and nods his head. He gets up from the couch and walks into his room, shutting the door. We all sigh. Jungkook gets up and goes after him.

***

"Again." NamJoon hyung shouts in the practice room. We just finished practicing to "Dope" for the second time, but we want it to be perfect. Or at least great. We all get a sip of water before we continue practicing again.

Three times. Four times. Five times. We kept practicing until not one, but three of us got light-headed. All of us laid down on the ground and poured water on ourselves. We were hot and sweaty, and we were really tired.

Jungkook looked really out of it. He stayed on the ground and didn't move. TaeHyung would tell him to get up for another practice every other minute, but he'd shake his head and stay down on the ground. He covered his face with his hat and kept taking sips of water.

"Kookie-ah. You alright?" I asked him, going to him and sitting down beside him. He shakes his head and removes his hat. He looks at me and I can see him breathing really hard, the sweat dripping down his face. He's been lying down on the ground for about 10 minutes, why is he still sweating? The room is air-conditioned. Then I realized, he probably has a fever.

I put the back of my hand on his forehead and it felt hot. I placed it on his cheek and it felt very hot. I help sit him up and tell him to keep drinking water. He nods and drinks.

I stand up and go over to Jin Hyung, telling him that Jungkook has a fever.

"What?" he says.

"Yeah. He doesn't feel like getting up and his face is hot. He's still sweating. I told him to drink his water." I told him. Jin hyung looks over at Jungkook and then speed-walks over to him. He sits down next to him and feels his head as well. I hear him sigh.

Jungkook just looks at him, listening to whatever he's saying. He nods and then takes sips of water. Jin then smacks the ground with a slight smile, and stands up. Jungkook stands up as well. Hyung ruffles Jungkook's hair and walks over to the mirror. Jungkook leans against the wall, and drinks more water.

"You know, if you don't feel good enough to practice one more time you don't have to." I say, walking up to him. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"One more time is okay. I can do it one more time." he insists. I nod and we go to the mirror with the rest of the group.

"Ready?" NamJoon hyung asks us. We all nod. I kept looking at Jungkook, who looked absolutely tired and sick. We started dancing and he was doing good. He went all out, as usual.

When we reached the chorus, he became lazier with his dancing. He started to do it slowly and then he stopped dancing. His eyes just stared off into the ground, and he fell down. I immediately stopped dancing and ran to him.

"Jungkook!" I shouted, moving his face. I slightly slap his cheek and continue shouting his name. TaeHyung shakes him lightly, trying to see if he'd wake up.

"Guys, give him space." YoonGi hyung says. Everyone but I backed up. I stayed with him and kept trying to wake him up.

A few minutes later he did. TaeHyung ran to get Jungkook's water and came back. He placed it next to us.

"Jungkook. You okay?" I asked him. He keeps blinking and groans a little. He tries to sit himself up, and I help him.

"Here." TaeHyung says, handing him his water bottle. Jungkook takes it and rubs his eyes. Then he takes a sip from his bottle.

"Ugh, my head hurts." he says, holding onto his head, squinting his eyes.

"I told you that you didn't have to practice." I said. He just continues drinking.

"Come on. We'll finish now for today. Jungkook, can you get up?" HoSeok hyung asks him. Jungkook nods his head and picks himself up. TaeHyung and I stay near him in case he falls again. We all head out and head back to our dorm.

***

We arrived back at our dorm and NamJoon hyung struggled with getting the key. We all waited outside for him to finally open the door, but then TaeHyung spotted something on the ground. He kneels down and picks it up.

"It's a flower." he says. "It's a Daisy."

He looks at us, holding up the flower. We all look at it and just didn't know what to say. Then, TaeHyung's eyes widen. He pushes through us and keeps pushing through.

"TaeHyung, what are you doing?!" Jin hyung shouts at him.

"Where's Jungkook?!" TaeHyung yells. All of us looked around and Jungkook was nowhere to be seen.

"Who was next to him?!" TaeHyung shouts.

"I was but I never saw him leave!" HoSeok hyung shouts.

"Give me that." I say, grabbing the Daisy from TaeHyung's hands. I crumple it in my hands and throw it down to the ground.

". When hyung disappeared we found a flower on his doorstep. Now we find this and Jungkook's gone?!" I shout.

"No. It can't be that. We probably left him behind when walking here from the van. YoonGi, go back and check." Jin hyung says. YoonGi hyung nods and walks back to where the van dropped us off. We all wait impatiently. When he does come back, he comes back alone.

"No where. He's no where." he says. NamJoon hyung kicks the wall in anger.

"What the is going on?" he shouts. TaeHyung goes to him and tries to calm him down. When he was finally calm, TaeHyung opens the door instead. We all walk in and NamJoon just goes straight into his room and slams the door, locking it.

"I know we all are frustrated right now but I can't imagine how it is for hyung." TaeHyung says. "He's roommates with Jungkook."

I didn't say anything. None of us said anything. I go to the chair that's near the window and just sit there, looking outside.

"What are you doing?" YoonGi hyung asks me.

"I'm going to sit here and hope to see Jungkook walking here." I say.

"Why don't we all just sleep in the living room?" Jin hyung suggested. Everyone agreed and they all got their blankets and pillows, laying them down onto the ground. I stayed on the chair, and stayed staring out the window.

"You know, if you get tired just wake me up okay? I'll watch and you can sleep." HoSeok hyung offers me.

"Thanks." I say. I hope this is all just one big coincidence. Jungkook's coming back.