Chapter 2: TaeHyung

One By One (We All Go Down) [HIATUS]

It was practice day and I was just observing hyung, our manager. He didn't look to good. HoSeok hyung went up to ask him if he was okay, but he just nodded and told him not to worry about it. That it'll be over soon. HoSeok just nodded and walked away, continuing to practice.

"TaeHyung, you try talking to him." NamJoon hyung tells me. I shake my head.

"No. Don't you think he'll get a bit annoyed if we keep bothering him?" I tell him. Hyung sighs and nods his head.

"Yeah. I guess." he says. I put a small smile on and continued practicing.

***

When practice was done, we were all tired and worn out. Our manager wasn't in the room again and we all just looked at each other, and shrugged. Jungkook got up and started heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Jin hyung asks him. Jungkook keeps walking out the door.

"Yah. Kookie-ah!" I shout. Jungkook stops and looks at us.

"Huh?" he says. Both Jin hyung and I shake our heads.

"I said where are you going?" Jin hyung asks again.

"Oh, I wanted to know where hyung went." he answers. None of us stopped him or said anything, so he continued walking out and leaving the room.

YoonGi hyung stood up and walked out the room as well. We all just looked at each other for a while, until we all stood up and followed him out.

"Jungkook?" YoonGi hyung shouted.

"Yeah hyung?" Jungkook shouts back, near the elevator. We go and catch up to him.

"I'm coming, well we're coming with you." YoonGi hyung says. Jungkook nods and the elevator door opens.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"They said he went home. So why not just check up on him and say goodnight? Right?" Jungkook says. I chuckle and nod my head.

***

When we arrived to the house and the first thing we see is that the door is wide open. We all walk in and looked around. We called out his name but no answer. Jungkook even checked everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. Like, he even checked in drawers.

"Why would he be in a drawer?" NamJoon hyung says.

"You never know!" Jungkook shouted, closing the drawer.

"Guys. Look." HoSeok hyung shouts from the front door. We all run up to him and see him picking up a flower. It still had the stem and it's dead. He observes it more and tells us that it's a dead rose.

"Try calling him." I say, hoping one of them will listen.

"I will." Jimin says. He takes out his phone and starts dialing.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

We all turn around and see his phone, lighted up by Jimin's phone call, sitting down on a table. Jimin walks up to the phone and picks it up. He ends the call and looks at us.

"This is his phone." he says. None of us knew what to do or what is going on.

"Tomorrow is our practice date again. If he's not here tomorrow then, I'm calling the police." NamJoon hyung says. We all look at him, as if that was really a good idea but then maybe it is.

***

To our surprise, he didn't come. We called his phone again but no answer. Not even a dial sound anymore, it just goes straight to voicemail. We asked PD-Nim if he's seen him, but he tells us that he hasn't even heard from him since yesterday.

"I don't even feel like practicing." Jimin says, sitting himself down on the ground. "This makes me feel sick."

"Jimin, come on. It makes me feel sick too, but we have a mini concert soon. In a few days actually." NamJoon hyung says, helping Jimin stand back up.

"I'll go back to his house after practice." HoSeok hyung says.

"We'll all go again." Jin hyung says, speaking for all of us.

"I thought you'd call the cops if he didn't come to practice today hyung." I ask NamJoon hyung.

"Yeah, but okay. If he's not at his house when we go, then I'll call them." he says. We all nod our heads, and continue practicing. I can tell that not just me, but every member was staring at the clock and actually trying their hardest, so we can quickly go and check up on hyung.

***

"I'm calling the cops." NamJoon hyung says, taking out his phone. We opened the door since it was unlocked and nothing. Nobody. No one is in here. No signs of life, besides ours. His phone is still here, sitting by itself. His things are placed normally. Nothing out of the ordinary, but the dead rose. HoSeok hyung goes to it and picks it up, shaking his head.

"I left this rose where we found it." he says. "How is it sitting on the table?"

"Maybe he came home and placed it there." Jungkook says. HoSeok just shakes his head.

"No. If he came back home don't you think he'd call Jimin back, seeing his missed call from him? He'd even be at practice today and the door wouldn't be unlocked." HoSeok hyung said, his tone a bit shaky.

"They're coming." NamJoon hyung says, walking back into the house. "They're coming as quick as they can."

We all nod and wait.

About 15 minutes later, the police finally came.

"What's the matter here?" they asked us.

"Our manager is missing." Jungkook tells them. "He's been acting weird for the past few days and one day he just, walked out of our practice room and never returned. We visited his house, this house, last night and the door was wide open. His phone is still left in here. Nothing was out of place but then HoSeok hyung found a dead rose on the doorstep."

"A dead rose?" the cop asks. We all nod. Him and his partner walks into the house and they take a look around. We follow behind them. They look around, not touching anything. Then they both walk up to the dead rose and one of them picks it up.

"You found this in front of the doorstep?" he asks us.

"Yes." Jungkook answers.

"Look, we'll do all we can to find clues to as where he could've gone or what possibly could've happened to him." one cop tells us. "But as for now, you guys should go on home. We'll contact you if we have found anything."

We all sigh and nod our heads. We watch them do their work for a while, and then we all go on and walk back to our dorms.

***

It was quiet. No one talked to anyone. Jimin is fast asleep in the room, and HoSeok hyung is just staring at the ceiling. I can hear NamJoon hyung and Jungkook listening to calmer music than they usually listen to. And I have no idea what YoonGi or Jin hyung are doing. I think I hear a shower so maybe one of them are cleaning themselves up.

"What do you think could've happened?" HoSeok hyung asks me. I look at him and he's still staring up at the ceiling. I don't answer him.

"I mean, do you think he just left like that? Or he got taken. Or even..." he stops. I knew what he was going to say without him even finishing his sentence.

"I don't know." I answer him. He looks over at me and then looks back up at the ceiling.

"." he whispers to himself. I sigh and close my eyes. What could've possibly happened to him?