The Cupid's Feeling

Arrow In My Heart

Author’s note: So here’s the second chapter and I guess the next one’s the last. I hope you’ll enjoy, thanks for reading!

~~~

A cold night came; the cupid once again went to that same place, hiding from someone else. She was looking for someone while avoiding for a particular person, the reason she flew away and got no chance to say goodbye to the blind woman. Ah, cupid Jiyeon had just known her name, she has a wonderful name and it keeps popping up on her mind. The blind woman’s name is Hyomin, she wouldn’t forget that. The cupid had decided to come back again since she wanted to see and continue the lovable conversation she had with Hyomin.

 

 Without worries and such, cupid Jiyeon landed herself on the balcony – where she could remember it was the blind woman’s house. Realizing the window was open, covered by a white curtain, the cupid hid herself onto one of the windows as she tries to have a peek inside behind the curtains. Right there, she found the woman named Qri, guiding the blind onto her bed.

 

That Qri had said something to Hyomin, and the cupid can hear it clearly.

 

“If you want anything just call me,”

 

The blind woman nodded saying yes. A warm smile can be seen on her and the cupid can only admire her trademark.

 

Qri came herself towards the window and Jiyeon hide herself again away from the curtains. She just then hopes that the girl didn’t lock the window so she can come inside and talk to Hyomin. The cupid don’t know the exact feeling she got recently, there’s this something on her that triggers her to come to Hyomin again and talk to her, not mentioning any situations or whatever the being she is to hers.

 

Park Jiyeon found herself thinking too much, so she had snap out to reality and went again to the balcony as she notice the girl who helped the blind woman went out from that small room. Luckily the window was unlock, so a wide smile form on the cupid’s facial, showing how happy she were that she can now come inside and see this angel-like Hyomin.

 

The cupid without hesitant, went in as she knock on the window to catch the blind woman’s attention.

 

“Qri?”

 

Jiyeon glance at the door, trying to be safe. She then went closer to Hyomin in front, and once again got stunned by her beauty.

 

“Hi. It’s me again.” the cupid started warmly.

 

“Who?”

 

“Jiyeon.”

 

A pout from the blind woman’s lips were visible, the excited cupid find it really cute and attractive.

 

“The cupid?” Hyomin reassured.

 

“No. Just call me Jiyeon, since you don’t believe me.”

 

The cupid once again witnessed the trademark from the woman. Her giggles were like a sound from heavens, it feels like angels were playing their instruments with those innocent yet lively smiles.

 

“Maybe I can believe you then?” the woman stated, “but why are you here?”

 

“I’m here because of you.” the cupid answered with sincere.

 

The blind woman doesn’t know what to answer. Instead, she had this question in her mind so sudden, so she’s just going to ask it.

 

“What do cupid looks like?” the cupid raised her brows with the question, “I mean what you look like?”

 

Jiyeon can only smile. How poor this being could be, she hope that she can see everything – like the nature’s beauty, everything that is worth to see. Unfortunately, Hyomin can’t. She’s one of those unfortunate people with disability, and the cupid had this pity on her. Like she wanted to show how beautiful the world is to Hyomin by describing.

 

The cupid now cleared .

 

“Well, I uh..” the cupid don’t know how to start but still continues, “I have pair of wings, arrow and bow. And I’m pretty sure I’m beautiful.”

 

The blind woman in front listened.

 

“and perfect.” Jiyeon stated proudly.

 

Jiyeon observed the woman’s reaction in front. She has this satisfying look, and she wonders whether Hyomin believed her this time or still not. Now the cupid drag the wooden chair that was beside her, carefully not escaping a scraping sound so the other can’t hear. The cupid now sit in front of the woman, resting herself as she put on all her arrows and bow on the table, to have a very comfortable conversation with Hyomin.

 

“You can fly?”

 

“Uhuh.” Jiyeon smiled again, “I’m using your chair, sitting here in front. You don’t mind right?”

 

Surprisingly, the blind woman pulled her hands on Jiyeon’s instead of giving an answer. The cupid startled a bit by the sudden skin ship she got, and that now she felt the warm that Hyomin has, she won’t even bother asking why she’s doing this.

 

“Can I?” Hyomin asked making the cupid raised her brows again for she doesn’t get the woman in front.

 

Without saying anything, the woman tried so much to reach her hands on the cupid’s facial. The blind woman wanted to know her looks by placing her hands on the facial of the girl in front. Her hands went on Jiyeon’s cheeks, her eyes, and her nose and on her lips. The cupid could now smell Hyomin’s scent, closed her eyes and let her be, as she was enjoying Hyomin’s warm touch. Feeling the perfect features of the other, the blind woman now showed a satisfying smile again as she pull her both hands away from the cupid.

 

“You’re pretty,” the blind woman admitted, “so you weren’t lying?”

 

“I told you so. You’re pretty too.”

 

The cupid now feeling satisfied smiled at Hyomin. How she wish the girl in front can see, so she’ll get these fluttering feeling inside when she knows Hyomin would look at her back – with such captivating brown eyes, how she just wish Hyomin would laid her eyes on her so she can enjoy the moment even without a word. Or just by a glimpse, the cupid will accept it whole heartedly.

 

The cupid and Hyomin will always have these conversations every night. The cupid would always describe how do stars look like and how beautiful it was to see. Hyomin would always listen, though she’s not sure whether to believe this girl whom she talked to whenever she’s alone, she felt happiness and a little hope for everything. Cupid Jiyeon, with her pure heart, would always give encouragements to the blind woman who seems to almost give up in life. Hyomin wanted to see the nature and the people’s smile, just like she wanted to see how beautiful a person’s eyes are, as so Jiyeon described to her.

 

With these comfortable late night conversations, the cupid, unexpectedly, fell in love with an ordinary woman.

 

“My Lord, I am giving my sincere apology for not doing my duties these days.” the cupid, Goddess of Desire, bowed in front of her majesty.

 

Her Lord was unhappy – well who wouldn’t witnessing her daughter, came on her knees apologizing about something she’s guilty at. Furrowed brows was on her Lord’s facial, showing disappointment without any form of gratitude as he always express whenever cupid Park Jiyeon came with her news counting many numbers of targeted numb hearts. But for now, it was different. The Lord wanted a genuine reason behind it, so he let her be.

 

“I had been falling in love for the first time,”

 

“Please rise,” her Lord uttered, “and give me your explanation facing your most respected Lord, thy father. ”

 

The cupid lifted her face up with her braveness, she looked onto her Lord’s eyes as to show her sincere sorry because she knows, at this time, she’s disobeying the law of heavens.

 

“Don’t tell me you are feeling this thing to a human being?” the Lord asked, almost raising her voice.

 

“Yes, my Lord.” Jiyeon nodded without any form of fear, “please condemn me with thy Lord’s power, like you always do.”