The Cupid

Arrow In My Heart

Park Jiyeon is an extraordinary girl – an affectionate one, a desirable one and a warm-hearted one; so much different from humans, a cupid to be exact. She has special powers given by Gods, her Lord, to accomplish her mission here on earth. Park Jiyeon has a title called the Goddess of desire, affection or love which her Lord, or father gave her with a mystical bow and arrow to hit people’s hearts. Yes, her goal was to make people fall in love since human being now starting to praise anger and powers, abandoning love and how it could impact to them. The word love slowly faded away, people do forget its meaning and its heavenly felt feeling anymore. And by the thought of this, cupid Jiyeon has successfully made it with all her might as what her father told her to; and that what makes her suited to be called Goddess of Love and her Lord was so proud of it.

 

 

The cupid had targeted numb hearts not only a thousand times; but a countless one already. She had been doing this for centuries and up till now, she wanted people who’d thought love isn’t important to realize what love can make things be better and furthermore. It may be hard from the start doing her duties, but to get them hit with her arrow and make them felt what great feeling is was the best thing she could ever done. The fact that she’s a Goddess with super naturals, that made her feel relief.

 

Gods and Goddesses are immortals; speaking of it they have unique and unnatural thing humans can’t have. Besides powers and such, they all look stunning and perfect for all things and Jiyeon wasn’t exceptional. When we talk about good morals and attitude, features and looks, Jiyeon has it all and she was beyond perfection. Even other Gods and her fellow Goddesses fell in love with her charms.

 

And she guessed she destined to be.

 

One day that good afternoon came, Jiyeon was hunting hearts to get arrowed for; flying prettily and carefully to not let people see her. She was, of course holding her bow as she let her wings spread widely as it moves rapidly. Later she had realize, the world now had so much different from the past she had witnessed. It changes every decade, with new generation and now with high technologies. From letters to emails or messages, from conversations to video calls, from library to internet. Things had completely changed, though some people still stick to their used-to-do previously till now, but most of the people now dependent to what we call ‘life gets easier with’ things.

 

Throughout her thinking, reminiscing and such, the cupid looked down and will continue her duties to have a more peaceful world her Lord wanted so. Not just her Lord, cupid Jiyeon wanted people to think that love can cure every feeling. Not to mention that it can cause people in pain, frustrations and sometimes may lead to revenge, but she was sure enough that this word can settle everything. She is a Goddess of love indeed.

 

“I need to find a target,” the cupid uttered, “I can’t wait to shoot them with my powerful arrow!”

 

Feeling excited, the cupid once again check on the citizens who were probably busy with their work or for school or everyday living, narrowing her eyes slowly to find her almost awaited target for this day. She moved below since the clouds were blocking her sight and she couldn’t find some.

 

“Ah!” Jiyeon smiled. Her hands quickly take an arrow as she gently placed it onto her tubercle, carefully setting her great target to a nice spot, like a sniper narrowing her right eye for a good shoot.

 

Her target was a woman – together with another woman. The cupid decided to choose her since she has this power that detects rejection or the other’s love wasn’t for the ones who loved them. Or shall we just say a one-sided love, to be specific. The beautiful woman was sitting on a white wooden chair, maybe needed some fresh air or just to have a good time chatting in a greenly garden,  and the other one sat on the other beside, slowly attempting to lean closer to the other.

 

The woman with her bun tied hair tried to plant a kiss onto the girl in front, but sadly the one in front looked away.

 

“That was rude” cupid Park Jiyeon commented on such a painful scene, “I got a piece arrow for you dear, no one can dictate what the heart wants after this.”

 

Standing, the girl with that kind of rejection smiled. Strange, why is she smiling after such move? Took a really long breath before she speaks something that made the other nod trice.

 

And that now the bun tied haired girl left, leaving the other with such an unexplainable expression.

 

“You won’t get hurt,” the cupid started again,

 

The woman stood up, placing her both hands on the table – more likely making her own guide.

 

“One, two…”

 

And there! A sudden crash from a flower base fell on the ground; caused by a cat jumping as if it was hunting for something with its green yet lovable eyes.

 

“Three!” the cupid was about to shoot the woman, but one particular action made her not to do so.

 

 

The woman crawled – as if she was looking for the shattered pieces of the flower base using her both hands, don’t have any clue of where it was on. The cupid furrowed her brows, curiously asking herself of what was going on.

 

“Weird.” the only word came out from .

 

Instead of targeting her and shoot that woman with her unnatural arrow, the cupid, instead, observed the woman looking like picking the pieces up struggling. Due to her curiosity, that she haven’t stop herself for willingly wanted to land behind that woman who was currently having a hard time, she’ll now take her first move at her. She’s hesitant at first but as she kept on looking at the woman, she had now took away all her questions beside and just figured it out then.

 

Jiyeon landed with her wings compressed in front of the girl, slowly taking a steps towards her but the girl didn’t even lift her head as to show the cupid got her attention. It got her tilting for this; people will probably use to be shock seeing a Goddess like her but this girl didn’t.

 

Still picking, Jiyeon had finally decide to just help her.

 

“I’ll help.”

 

The woman froze, her eyes weren’t on Jiyeon’s.

 

“Who are you?” then the girl asked,

 

Jiyeon still have her questions on her mind. Why won’t she face her before asking her that kind of question? Or would a human ask that if ever they had witness a cupid right in front of their eyes?

 

“Uh..” Jiyeon looked onto the shattered pieces, and seen the girl’s wounded fingers, “you’re injured.”

 

Again the girl in front didn’t even check her hands, made the cupid more bewildered.

 

“I-I’m fine.”

 

The cupid waved her hands in front of the girl’s sight. But to her surprise, the girl didn’t respond or didn’t even react to her action. And this is when she realized she had found an answer.

 

“You’re blind?” not wasting any time, the cupid asked after.

 

With the woman’s innocent mind without knowing anything, she honestly nodded to the unknown being. She kept on picking up the pieces which the cupid stopped by grabbing her hand slowly away from harm, since she’s hurting herself more.

 

“You’re cold,” the woman noticed, “are you sick?”

 

The cupid raised her brows, her body temperature was so much different to this woman in front. Humans normally would have warm body but the cupid didn’t expect it could be this warm and comfortable.

 

“No I’m not.”

 

Jiyeon first lead the blind woman she had only knew, and let her sit again on the white wooden chair. Trying to keep relax, the cupid smiled and look at this woman with her beautiful features. She has the opportunity, she wouldn’t know who she is and what she’s doing anyway.

 

“Anyway who are you?” the woman asked again, this time really curious to know.

 

“You won’t believe me if I say so.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I ain’t an ordinary,” Jiyeon responded quickly, “I don’t know why I’m doing this though I shouldn’t.”

 

Jiyeon observed the woman’s reaction – her eyes were so beautiful that she can’t even take her eyes off away from it. It’s like she’s watching a very clear universe, very stunning and beyond outrageous. Her eyes filled with mysteries and the cupid feeling excited to know those in an instant.

 

“You did not answer my question yet…” the blind woman broke the silence, feeling the awkwardness.

 

“Oh..” the cupid sat down, leaning her chin on her right palm and still staring at this pretty goddess-like being, “you can just call me Jiyeon. Yeah, my name is Jiyeon.”

 

“Jiyeon?” she tilted her head, “why are you here? Are you Qri’s visitor?”

 

The cupid furrowed her brows hearing an unknown name. She paused for a split of seconds and nodded as she smiles, it must be the other woman she had seen earlier with her, she thought.

 

“No I’m no one,” curving her lips still, the cupid glanced at the blind’s fingers, “you should get a treatment, it’ll get infected soon.”

 

“You’re not answering my question again,” the woman sigh in disappointment.

 

“Did I just said I’m no one?” she pouted but still she finds this blind girl cute for asking questions persistently, “well, I uhmm..”

 

“I’m a cupid.”

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

The blind woman paused – still her eyes were focusing to something she doesn’t know. Now, a cute laughter can be heard from the woman in front of the cupid, the cupid couldn’t do nothing but listen to it. It really is so nice to hear such tone, as if she was listening to a lullaby with a perfect melody.

 

“See, you won’t believe me.”

 

“I can’t see you.” the cheerful blind slowly moved her hands, trying to reach the cupid she’s currently having a conversation with.

 

“Hyomin?”

 

Another voice came to the cupid and the blind’s hearing, and after realizing who it was the cupid instantly stood up and hide herself from that human.

 

“Hyomin I-”, the girl gasp, “w-what happened?!”

 

Without any doubt, the girl went closer to Hyomin to help her up with her injured fingers. She was out for a bit to have some glass of water after attempting to kiss her recently which was a shame failure in the end. Helping her up still, the girl noticed a white feather on the table beside Hyomin’s hands. And so she had wondered on why.

 

“Qri do you have any expected visitor?” Hyomin asked.

 

Qri paused. Now picking up the small feather as she looks around feeling suspicious.

 

“No I don’t have, why?”

 

Blind Hyomin sighted, she had thought that maybe she got trolled or so since she’s weak with her disability.

 

“Nothing. Maybe I’m hearing things weirdly.”

 

~~~

Author's note: Yey! So finally I updated this fic already. I know it has been a long wait and I'm sincerely sorry for that. I wanted to do it a oneshot but I guess it won't end up that way, so I'm guessing this could be a short story with few chapters, 3 or so? Anyways, hope you'll like this fic of mine :) feedbacks are all welcome! ^^