The Aloof Boyfriend

The Meaning is Everything

In two years I've dated four guys. No I'm not straight because no girl would date me because I'm prettier than them. My first boyfriend was sweet and kind, which was quite something since he was the one who saved me from the bullies.

Tall, handsome, athletic, he was my savior, my protector. He shielded me from those who wanted to harm me. Though, he spent more time with his friends than me. At first I didn't mind, but... Then it was a bit too much... His name? Yoon Doojun.

Our relationship only lasted a month.


Week 1

"Doojun-ah!!" I called.

"Huh? Oh! Hyunseung-ah!!" he greeted as he jogged over to me with a soccer ball under his arm. "How are you, baby?" he asked, leaning close so that I could see the sweat beads sliding down his neck.

I gulped as I watched a drop disappear under the collar of his shirt. "I-I'm f-fine..." I stuttered, mouth suddenly dry and mind elsewhere.

Doojun just smiled and gave me a light peck on the forehead. "How about I pick you up later tonight, neh?" he asked.

"S-Sure..." I answered.

After I left the field, a hoard of guys and girls just came up to me and pushed me, jostling this way and that. I didn't even know what happened in that short two minutes. They just came out of nowhere, suddenly calling me a and a .

"YAH! All of you, GET OUT OF HERE!!!!" a voice screamed at them.

The crowd scattered and I glanced up from glaring at the ground. "Doojun-ssi...?" I said softly.

Doojun just smiled gently and patted me on the shoulder. "From now on, if they bother you, come to me, neh?"

I just nodded slowly as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and started dragging me off to his car. "Let's go to that cafe across the street, neh?"

"I hear they make excellent milkshakes," I said happily.

Doojun grinned and ruffled my hair. That week Doojun and I began dating.


Week 2

"Doojun-ah..." I said softly, a light blush painting his cheeks.

"What is it, Seungie?" he asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Ah~ well.... I just... It's been a week now... Since we've been going out and... HERE!" I mumbled quickly before shoving a present into his hand.

"Ah~ Hyunseung-ah~ You didn't have to!" Doojun exclaimed.

"It's... I just wanted... To give you something special..." I replied shyly.

He quickly ripped open the box and grinned, but I felt like that grin wasn't sincere. Inside the box was just a necklace, nothing that special, except that my initials were hanging from the thin silver chain.

"I like it," Doojun said. "It's cute..."

I just smiled and said, "It... It's nothing..."

"Thanks, Seungie..."


Week 3

"Today do you want to--"

"I'm sorry. Soccer practice."

"Ah~ it... It's okay... What about--"

"A game tomorrow and Friday."

"Ah... Umm... What about--"

"Seung, I'm really busy. I'll call you later..."

I just sighed. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I could feel that he was lying, that we had grown apart. I didn't feel as though he loved me anymore.

I just placed my phone on the nightstand and sighed. Laying back in my bed, I felt like crying, but not because Doojun and I weren't getting along, but because he wasn't someone I loved...


Week 4

"Hyunseung... I don't get it..."

"You and I... Just... Aren't compatible, Doojun..."

It hurt... Breaking up with him really hurt, even if I didn't love him. He was still a friend, and the hurt look in his eyes just pierced my heart.

"So... We're really over?" he asked.

I just nodded slowly. "You never have time for me, so you might as well just have all the time in the world for yourself instead of for someone you don't love," I muttered softly, suddenly finding an extreme interest in the patterns on the table top.

I heard Doojun sigh heavily and a little jingling. He placed the necklace I'd given him in front of me and stood up. "I'm sorry..." he said, leaving.

I took the necklace into my hand and placed it over my heart, pounding with relief that nothing drastic had happened. "I'm sorry too..." I replied softly to no one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well that Doojun dude was an ..." Kikwang stated plainly, bluntly.

"Yeah..." I said quietly, sipping my Coke.

"So... You dragged me out here just to recount a tale of your ex?" he asked.

"Nope!" I grinned. "I dragged you out here to tell you about all four of my exes!"

Kikwang groaned and rolled his head back. "Fine... Who's next?"

"Hmm... Son Dongwoon..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry this took so long to update! >< It really has been done for months, but for some reason, I couldn't upload it for the longest time ever >< Sorry very much... Hopefully the second update won't be far! ^^ <3