chapter 2 : The Black Swan

Beautiful Now : Verse 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

A figure chuckled lowly, clothed in secrecy. Trails of smokes were exhaled steadily as it disperses into the air. A sudden brutal screams of fury ripped through the dead silence of the night. Kai yelled in frustration as numerous of kick and punches were directed to the cold empty walls.

 

"Rough night huh?" The figure chuckled, amused.

"Leave me the alone" Kai gritted his teeth.

"What's up? Didn't get the role you wanted?"

Hearing the statement Kai snapped his head to the figure with a glare.

The figure laugh lightly. 

 

"I've been in that shoes before."

 

"Here. Why don't you try this."

 

Kai catches the packet thrown in the air.

 

"It'll make you feel better. You'll forget your insecurities."

 

Kai frowned, gaze burning at the object in his hold.

 

"And Sehun...." The figure stopped, as he breathed smoke to the air, deep in his own trance of ambiguity and thoughts.

 

 

"will see the MAN in you"

 

The moon shone brightly.... illumanting the pearly white skin that is basking in its light. The wind oozes slowly swaying the silky curtains as if trying to embrace and reach the figure near it. The sky darken. Droplets of water start to make its way to the hard ground, creating little hisses of melodies. Small white fingers marred with purple bruises a bronze defined jaw slowly, grazing every surface with affection. A sincere smile reaching it's soft lips. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baby.....i guess i'm sick too"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 The day started with hearty laughters and content smilles as the group chatted happily and animatedly. It's their annual group meeting day where the "gang" gather for a catch up, (who is basically all their close friends and family like friends from the dance academy) which happen to reside in the couple's house this year. Sehun felt his heart fluttered with joy as he bask in the warmth of the presence of his good friends, that is until the inevitable question surfaced...

 

"sehun ah have you been eating well?" Baekhyun asked hastily, stress obvious in his voice, as he assessed his precious friend's fragile yet still beautiful physique. 

 

"i'm fine baek hyungg, you know i have a bear's appetite right?" Sehun answered carefully, almost chuckling at his own lie, and joke cheerfully; creating distractions to avoid said topic. Seeing his dongsaeng's nervousness, Baekhyun stare at him suspiciously, before sighing to himself. He'll let it slide this time, with eerie and uneasy feeling gracing his heart.

 

"So hows you and lover boy hun ah? when are we going to hear the bells?" Taemin teased excitedly.

 

"stop teasing them taem" hyoyeon fake anger playfully, as they both start to lightly banter.

 

 

 

"hey hun ah, aren't you hot? wearing sleeves in this weather? in summer?" Donghae questioned concerningly; gaining the rest of the members' attention

 

silence filled the room,  they're all worried, some of the members stared seriously, burning their gaze. Sensing Sehun's discomfort,  Luhan and Baekhyun start to jokingly pull his shirt up to ease the tension in the room. Until sehun unexpectedly snapped, shocking everyone in the room.

 

 

"Stop! Don't touch me!"

 

 

Sehun never snap at anyone.

 

 Especially luhan and baekhyun.

 

Realising what he did, sehun panicked. Hot tears filled his eyes.

 

"oh my g..gosh.. I'm so.. so..r..ry..hyu..ng"

 

feeling dizzy with all the stares, Sehun try to get up and leave for some fresh air, but is halted when kris grabbed his arm; preventing him from walking to the door. Sehun let out a painful yelp and a wince which doesn't go unnoticed by everyone as they stare intently at the unfolding scene. Kris eyes' widen as he yanked sehun's long sleeves to find fresh and old bruises trailing along sehun's flawless skin. Gasps and silence filled the room as sehun freezes. Suddenly the door opens. Revealing kai who is seemingly normal. He greeted everyone with a small smile. Quickly pulling his arms from kris' grip, Sehun stilled as kai kissed him on his temple, body slightly trembling and wincing in fear as the others watched intently; kai seeming oblivious. Kai excused himself upstairs claiming he have work to do.

 

 

Sehun hold his breath. He felt suffocated.

 

 

 

Kai will know.

 

 

 

"Sehun..care to explain?" Kris asked firmly yet gently, gaze piercing Sehun's soul.

 

" please...all of you..it is best to leave now..."

 

 "Sehun tell us what happen"

 

 

"Please.. i beg you all... please..le..ave now..." 

 

 

"Sehun what the hell is going on?"

 

 

"P-" sehun's plea was cut short when kai's booming voice echo through the house.

 

"SEHUN!" Kai marched with rage, charging down the stairs with flame.

 

 

"YOU THREW IT AWAY DIDNT YOU?!"

 

 

 

"Kai stop this, we'll talk in private" sehun voice trembled yet firm.

 

 

 

All the members present stiffen as they witness the confrotation, their whole existence long forgotten by Kai, who is seemingly different from the compassionate person they've known since forever or seen just a while ago. Concern gazes were directed heavily to Sehun, as he advanced gracefully to the kitchen area; body fragile, swaying ever so slightly. Not being able to see their friend in such condition, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo took leading light steps to pursue them, to only be halted by Sehun who raises his hand silently; smiling ever so softly and beautifuly to assure them that he's alright. The others were frowning, they could almost feel it in their guts. The catastrophe that is coming to their friend's way. Hyoyeon and some others got tears in their eyes as their mind was filled with regret. How could they not realise the stranger that Kai has become? and the happiness that Sehun seem to facade?

 

They all stood in dead silence, stunned, as raising shouts of menance could be heard from the kitchen.

 

 

 

"SEHUN WHERE THE DO YOU HIDE IT?! GIVE IT TO ME!"

 

 

 

"Kai its gone.."

 

 

 

"WHO THE YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

 

 

 

"kai you need to stop, those drugs! It will ing kill you".

 

 

 

"NO! I  ING NEED IT"

 

 

That moment the members realised something is definitely wrong. Not being able to take the uneasiness that is filling his heart any longer, kris stood up, followed by the others, proceeding their way to the kitchen. The sight that greet them terrified them. Sehun stood there crying as kai bruise his beautiful skin screaming in rage, far away from sanity. kai grab a kitchen knife, picking his own skin with it.

 

"where is it...i need...it" he muttered lowly eyes traveling back and forth between anger, fear, and desperation.

 

"Kai stop it.." Sehun sobbed, taking fast step near Kai, trying to haul the knife away from the death grip.

 

 

"LEAVE ME THE ALONE!"

 

 

Everything happened too fast.

 

In seconds,with kai's force Sehun's delicate body flew, hitting the glass cupboard where all the plates are situated in the process. Sehun dropped to the ground unconscious, as the cupboard slowy tilted its way to fall on Sehun's beautiful form.

 

 

 

"SEHUN!"

 

 

 

The members frantically hollered, desperately trying to reach their friend in time, only to pause.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter