Chapter 1: The White Swan

Beautiful Now : Verse 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"We might not know why
We might not know how
But baby tonight, we're beautiful now"

 


"Sehun..stay" a deadly grip clutch his already bruised skin. The voice that calls his name trembles, almost distant. And just like that. Sehun did. He stays.

 

"Kai stop" he pleaded as kai trashes around the room. His eyes darted everywhere. Unfocused, eyes distant as if the world is swallowing into darkness. Kai looses the battle. "Kai please...baby please" sehun panted, slowly loosing his breath, vision unsteady, reaching his delicate fragile arms to his boyfriend. Hugging him as if kai could be taken any second away from him. Strong limbs hit him, damaging his beautiful skin. "Get the away from me!" kai trashes violently in sehun's hold, veins could be seen on his throat, eyes and skin turn into visible shades of dark red. Sehun let his grip tighten as he burrows his face to kai's clothed back. Only when sehun's heartbreaking muffled sobs are heard, the body in his embrace stopped..falling still, staring into an unknown oblivion.

"Sehun stop this, i'm taking you away"

 "No Kris, I can't.. I love him"

"Are you ing out of your mind?"

"Sehun! He's sick" Taemin screamed

Sehun just smiled sadly "Then i'm sick as well"

"Sehun, where were you?" Kai asked worriedly, face terrified as he run to envelope sehun in a warm embrace "Dont leave me sehun". "I wont baby, i wont". Sehun sense strong arms holding his petite waist, plump lips claim his soft ones. "You're beautiful sehun ah" the loving kisses soon turn hungry and lustful, scooping sehun in his arms, allowing sehun's legs to circle itself on kai's waist. Sehun could feel himself choking back a sob as their body rock in harmony, with kai whispering sweet nothings in his ear "I love you sehun ah. You're beautiful" sehun turn his head, watching the raindrops that is rolling slowly, tainting their windows. "Am i? Kai.." 

 

 

 

 

Kai was a dance prodigy like Sehun. Beautiful and magnificent in their own rights. If Kai is fire burning with charisma, passion, emotion, energy that consumes people with its heat; body language that screams perfection and power then Sehun is ice..enchanting, beautiful, pure, cold, yet you could almost feel if right under your skin, the sophisticated fragile quality in each finger movements and every step. 

 

 

From the first time Kai met Sehun he knew Sehun was a work of art. His work of art.

 

 

"Hey Kai dude! I heard you won the competition! Congrats man!" "KAI! You were amazing! You deserve that scholarship!" "I heard its a fancy in london as well" "THE ROYAL BALLET SCHOOL Is the most prestigious dance academy dude!" 


"Shut up you guyssss" Kai whined, embarrassed at his high school mates attention and affection.

"Oh shut up you er" Kai received a small punch on his shoulders followed by a wild hand ruffling his hair "we're gonna miss your face"

"yeah me too guys, i'm gonna miss your cringe worthy faces"

"YAH!!"

They all laugh wholeheartedly as they run along the seemingly glistening road following the sunset.

 

 

The plane ride to London was surprisingly exciting and calming for Kai. With some of his future teacher and professor picking him up from the airport. Kai barely knew the language, but being a highly intelligent kid he could tell that they dub him as a "child prodigy in dance". 
Born as a carefree child, Kai started his own adventurous journey around the elegant and exquisite building as soon as he arrived. Its almost like an ancient Romanian palace with antique sculptures, yet it offers many spacious rooms that is surrounded and jewelled with mirrors.

'These rooms must be the dance rooms' Kai's mouth hang open in amazement. Every single corner, even the air he breaths gives a dominating artistry presence.

Sneaking his way along the endless hallways, Kai find himself following a subtle flowing of music that reach his ears, founding himself standing in front of an isolated room at the very end of the corner. Peeking his eyes to the room. Kai found a lone figure situated idly in the middle of the humongous room. Music blasting yet muted through the walls. The figure's head was buried on his knees. Abruptly, Kai's heart clenched. The figure looked so lonely...so fragile..but all of a sudden the music stopped with an unexpecting twist... the figure raises his hand, moving it elegantly as if flapping its wings. Kai felt transfixed.  As the boy's head raises Kai's breath halted. He's ing breathtakingly beautiful.....The music started its rhapsody again. Melodies of violins decorated the air as Kai watched the boy move his body like a work of art, almost surreal..then Kai felt his heart stopped. Wait...this..this dance...

 


Tschaikovsky Pas de Deux

 


The 8 minute composition of ballet that is almost legendary. Gone and erased from audiences mind, yet lingers and haunts in every Ballet devotee, enthusiast and professionals' minds. Not giving Kai time to even blink and register the whole scene unfolding in front of him, the arrangement changes its course. Kai's eyes widen. The Swan dance..

 


How could such a young boy execute of what people called Aplomb, a movement of elegance and precision that can only be exhibited by accomplished artists. Kai watched as the boy impersonate the white swan, odette, stunning and heartbreaking. Performing the Grand jeté as if he was born to be a breathtaking dancer. 

 

Then it started...

 

The Black Swan.....Odile's pas de deux. Heart hammering with anticipation, Kai watched intensely as the boy who is now showing his back, gradually turn his way to face the mirror. Letting out a low gasp,  Kai silently burn his gaze to the boy inside the room who is swallowed in his own world of art. There he is the pure and delicate boy he saw seconds ago.....gone...vanished....replaced with strong hungry eyes, defined jaw, and a subtle smirk, alluring..sensual..sinfull...evil.. as he prosecute fouetté effortlessly, body spinning with grace repeatedly in inhumane speed and with irresistible force.

 

 

Stunned and aghast, Kai found himself panting as he ran away from the said room in a rapid speed.

He needed air.

Sitting alone in a huge park he discovered in the middle of the academy Kai tried to moderate his irregular breathing. A sudden hand clasp his shoulders, startling him from a thought he didn't know he was thinking. An unknown boy with an angelic smile beamed at him. "Hey i'm Taemin! I heard you're new!" Seeing Kai's flabbergasted face Taemin laughs "hahaha oh my god are you alright? Did you see a ghost or something?" Feeling insulted Kai let out a small huff "I didn't" "Hahaha sorry man! Its just that your face was epic" Taemin chuckled...no...more like LAUGHING HIS OFF. "I know right me myself are surprised by my own good looks sometimes." Kai rolled his eyes. Here comes his amazing social skills and "good" taste in humour.....or well.....simply down to earth no beating around the bush sarcasm. "Hahaha you're cool man!" Taemin exclaimed excitedly as he lift his fist for a fist bump which Kai cooly comply. Taemin and Kai clicked, soon it evaporated to the title of 'best of friends'. Like long lost brothers. But apart from all of the things, even after weeks passed.... Kai couldn't get that enchanting boy out of his mind.

 

 

Tomorrow is his last day of trial as a semi - dance apprentice (unofficial student; where Kai was tested for a few weeks in regardance of his skill and level)  which meant that he would be inserted to a certain class. He wonders silently which class does Taemin actually reside in? The mysterious boy who he befriended with always brushes his questions off with a smile and a "You will know bro"

 

As the sun rises Kai heard a small knock on his dorm room door. There stood one of his professors and senior / prestigious dance instructor, who apparently originated from Korea, Lee Donghae. "Ready Kai?" Donghae smiled, putting a bit of his hope to the potential kid. Kai nodded his head stiffly in response as anxiety hit him.

 

Mind wandering aimlessly as prof Lee leaded the way. Kai wanted to throw up as he felt millions of gaze follow his every step. The students of the academy from every class were watching him in curiousity. Which room will he end up in? Kai held his breath as he realised he's drawing closer to the room he had been avoiding for weeks. Feeling his heart and footstep thundering in his chest as one with such suspense. Kai finally reached to the front of the recognizable room. Audible whispers and gasps in different language

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter