Class Announcement

Is This Fate?

Deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal nae simjangeul geodueo ga
Geurae nalkaroulsurok joha dalbit jochado nuneul gameun bam
Still half-asleep, I rolled over and turned off my alarm. Pulling the blanket even closer, I shut my eyes. Just five more minutes.
30 minutes later, I bolted right up when I hear my mother calling from downstairs.
"Hwa Chae-won! How come you're still not awake?"
I mentally smacked myself, hurriedly getting dressed. Grabbing my backpack along with my textbooks, I ran down the stairs.
My mom, as usual, was in the kitchen calmly eating breakfast. When she saw me, she gave me an exasperated glance.
"Shouldn't you be used to waking up early by now?" she asked tiredly.
"It's not my fault....I just wanted to sleep for five more minutes," I mumbled, just quietly enough that my mom couldn't even hear my response.
My mother firmly placed two waffles in front of me. Without saying anything, I drowned them in syrup and started eating it.
After I finished, I jumped up and put on my jacket, "look mom, I still have time!"
My mom sighed, but gave me a smile nevertheless, "have a good day at school."
I waved in reply as I headed out to my private school.
Boiji anneun neol chajeuryeogo aesseulta deulliji anneun neol deureuryeo aesseulta.
Boiji andeonge boigo deulliji andeongedeullyeo neo nareul tteonan dwiro naegen eotteon himi saenggyeosseo.
"Hello?" I picked up my phone, walking quickly towards our school.
"YA!" the voice at the other end screamed. I quickly angled the phone away from my ears.
"We've been waiting for you for 10 minutes now! Where are you?" Lee Nam-chul, one of my childhood friends, demanded impatiently.
"Sorry~I'm coming soon," I replied casually, holding back a laugh.
"Can you hurry up then?" he asked irritatedly. Just as he was saying that, our school came into view, and I ran up the steps to find him and my other friends sitting on the bench.
I ended the call, and skipped towards them, "I'm here now!"
Nam Chul eyed me, and sighed, "well, it can't be helped. One of us is always late every day."
"It was you yesterday!" I cheerfully remineded him.
He shot me a glare, "all that matters is that we still get to school on time."
"Then what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Serenity, another friend of mine, got up and took my hand.
Keli, the last person sitting on the bench, got up and dusted off her pants, "Nam Chul, stop arguing. We're going to end up late."
The four of us walked towards our school's entrance, chatting happily.
Emerald Crest was the name of our school. Our school has a rather small population, but that was to be expected from a private school. I was at the private school only because there were no public schools nearby. We lived in a rather secluded area of Canada.
"Did you hear, did you hear?" Keli gushed, jumping up and down, "Mr. Yastings has important news for us today!"
"Is that a good thing?" Serenity asked wearily. The last time Mr. Yastings had "important news", it was to tell us that we would be getting our exams a week early because of some weird scheduling conflicts.
"Even Mrs. Radley told me yesterday that it would be something really exciting," Keli plowed on, ignoring Serenity, "I can't wait!"
I sighed, rubbing my eyes, "I hope it's to tell us that school's going to start one hour later."
"Maybe it'll be about having better food in the cafeteria," Nam Chul brightened at the thought.
"Ooohh, you think he's going to invite famous celebrites-"
"Guys!" Keli sighed heavily, "try to think more realisitcally, please?"
"Okay, okay geez," Nam Chul mumbled. The four of us went to our lockers (they were side by side, of course), and walked slowly to our first class. One of the benefits of having a small population meant tthat there was never traffic in the hallways. Nobody ever blocked us, and we never had to wait in the hallways to get by.
"Morning!" Ms. Arla, our homeroom teacher, greeted us brightly as the four of us entered the classroom. The classroom was unusally empty.
"Where is everyone?" Serenity asked.
"Didn't you hear? Mr. Yastings called for a class meeting. You're supposed to be down at room 135 before first bell," Ms. Arla informed us.
"135?" I muttered, trying to remember where that was.
Nam Chul sighed, and grabbed my hand, "you all probably have no idea where that is. Come on!"
We walked as fast as we dared down the hallway, to what was almost the other side of our homeroom. A crowd of students were already in the room, all chattering quietly.
"Hurry," Kali hissed, slipping into the classroom. The four of us managed to sit down at the back of the classroom just as the bell rang.
"Morning students," our principal, Mr. Yastings, greeted us, strolling in just on time.
"Morning Mr. Yastings," we all chorused back.
"I would like to thank you all for coming here this morning. As you may have already noticed, this is only people from one grade division. We've planned a special trip for you guys, at your parent's requests. There is no doubt that all of you have worked very hard this semester, and I am proud of all the awards and competitions the students in this grade have won. As a result, both the staff and the parents have agreed to reward you," Mr. Yastings began.
Serenity elbowed me excitedly, "another trip? Trips at this school are always amazing!"
And that was true. We had yet to have a dull trip at our school. Our first trip, way back in grade 6, was to Paris, in order to talk in a french environment. Ever since then, our trips have always been overseas, and somewhere amazing and yet education at the same time.
"This trip will, of course, benefit your education," Mr. Yastings continued, as if reading my mind, "but we can guarantee you all that you will have lots of fun."
"Where are we going?" one of the students called out, unable to wait any longer.
Mr. Yastings beamed, and I felt a spark of excitement. What if we were going to Egypt this time, to see the pyramids, the Sphinx, and learn all about Egyptian history? Or what about Greek, where we would learn Greek mythology?
"You, as stuudents," he paused for dramatic effect, "will be able to choose where you want to go yourselves!"
A stunned silence fell upon the students, as we all digested the words. As soon as the words sank into our brains, we burst out into excited chatter.
"Anywhere we want?!" Keli shrieked, "I told you guys it would be something amazing!"
"Where would we go? Ooohh I would love to go to Malaysia...." Serenity cooed.
"I want to go to Austria!" Keli exclaimed. She turned towards me excitedly, "where do you wanna go?"
I smiled, and met Nam Chul's eyes, "is that even a question?"
"What?" Keli scrunched up her eyebrows, confused. Looking back and forth between me and him, something finally clicked in her brain. She laughed.
"Of course! I can't believe I forgot," she giggled.
"Shhh guys, Mr. Yastings' speaking again," Serenity hissed at us. We fell silent.
"Of course, it has to be within reason. You must ask your parents first, and confirm with them that it's within the budget. These trips will be taking place in groups no less than 2, and no more than 4. After that, all you have to do is ask for your educational package from your homeroom teacher, and then you're all set to go! We'll be leaving as soon as we all get organized," Mr. Yastings smiled broadly, "this is an excellent oppertunity to go wherever you want, to your heart's content. Don't hesitate to explore this world, and learn even more new things!"
We all clapped and cheered for him as he left the room. As soon as he left, the room was full of excited chatter.
"Where can we sign up?" Keli gushed.
"I can't believe we get to do this!" Serenity shrieked, hitting me in excitement.
"Come on, let's sign up now!" I urged, standing up. The four of us headed back to our homeroom, and almost knocked Ms. Arla over.
"We wanna sign up!" Keli burst out. Ms. Arla laughed at her excitement, and looked at the clipboard she already had in her hands.
"Well, that's what I'm here for. Where would you like to go?"
~~~
This is my first EXO fanfiction and I'm soooo excited to be writing this! I need to stop writing fanfictions, but I can't seem to stop XD
Gahhh I love EXO <3
Thanks so much for reading :)