Prologue; 0

After Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A white coat, black suitcase, and concave lens glasses never seperated from this guy. He looked up to the sky that already filled with grey clouds. Ting! The sound of green light illuminated the street, he crossed casually.

The area was really quiet as he passed. He wiggled and stopped in front of brick wall that had begun mossy. He played his fingers, pressing a few buttons that were visible on the wall of tall building in front of him. The wall suddenly split and made small room there. Immediately he entered and the wall closed automatically.

A small room that he was using by now slowly descended and in a blink its speed passed the limit. But he casually stayed still. Ting! The small room was again split. Made a way for the guy to come out.

A long hallway that painted in white clean and dazzle laid there. In a while, he protected his eyes with his back hand while his fingers pressed a small button—sized micro at the handle of his glasses. Immediately his lenses turned into black.  

He walked back casually until he arrived at the end of the hallway. Without doing anything, the glass door in front of him opened.

“Hello, U-Know Professor,” gretted someone as he began to walk in. He smiled thinly and wiggled to enter the center of the room.

“How are things now?” asked he. Typing's sound echoing in that room, a room that only lined by transparant glass.

“There was a little problem Prof, one of them rampaged,” answered Xiah. He began to type back and muttered something to little microphone that attached to his ears and climbed down to his jaw.

U-Know Professor nodded.

“Max! Show me them,” ordered by him. Straightaway Max pressed a green button at the edge of his keyboard.

A small hologram monitor appeared in front of U-Know Prof. He stared at silent girl through there. She was sitting, hugging her knees tautly. Her body was so pale, really contrast with her long black hair.

U-Know smirked.

“Does the virus work?” he asked.

“It seems like Prof, that girl is shivering because her DNA begins to fuse with the virus,” said Micky still focus with his computer. U-Know nodded in satisfied.

“Show me the other Max!” shouted U-Know again, Max immediately pressed other button. Red button next to the green one.

A picture monitor in front of U-Know changed. The place still looked same. But he found nothing there. U-Know narrowed his eyes as the anger grew inside.

“Where is he?!” asked him, cruely. Max the one who charged to watch the creature began to panic. U-Know could just kill him at the moment if Max really lost one of them.

“Arrgghhh!!!” a deep scream could be heard loudly from the hologram monitor before U-Know could take his gun out of his shoes.

A guy suddenly falling from the point that was not caught on camera. He groaned in pain and his veins were clearly visible all over his body. He groaned, convulsing on the cold tile that colored in white. U-Know nodded and smiled pleasantly.

“Next!” shouted him again. This time was Xiah’s turn. Xiah pressed a button that colored in blue beside his keyboard.

Holographic screen changed into different room. That room only made by thick plastic glass that resistant from attack. There’s a guy in the middle who looked so depressed, lying next to him was a girl’s corpse that had turned into mummy. The guy really frustrated and drepressed about something. U-Know frowned, stared at that guy, then nodded.

“He had eaten?” U-Know asked.

“Yes Prof, he’s the one who rampaged,” explained by Xiah. Because he was the one that must watched him.

U-Know nodded and his smirk grew wider.

“How’s the one who get the fail virus?” asked U-know, walked to Xiah and patted his back, let Xiah prop his hands on his shoulders. Xiah was little feared of Prof. this one.

“He had turned into fail creature,” answered Xiah quickly. No one knew U-Know would just stab his backs for nothing.

“I want to see,” U-Know walked back to leave Xiah. Xiah took his breath in relieve. He pressed the black button besides the blue one.

The monitor back to show same kind of room. There were creatures. Not one but more than four creatures making silly face on the glass, walking to and fro, attacking each other. Their bodies seemed like a mummy but still could move freely. Mostly their left chest had a hole. Their bones could be seen like they never eat for years, something like anorexia. Their face was pale than paper and messy. Eyes popped out, mouth ripped, nose falling, dry bloods everywhere.

“Huh! Zombie?” muttered U-Know staring at the creatures unhappily. One of virus that I made was failed and produced stupid creature like this, so shame—his mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter