Epilogue - Please Make Some Time For Me

Hooked

I didn't mean for this to end up so long. It's not even half as long as the first two parts, but it's still longer than I thought it would be. So this is the end of this story. I hope you guys enjoyed it.This might be the longest story I've written so far, so I'm really proud of it. All 13k+ words. Okay, I'm done talking now. Here's some extra fluffy cuteness just because.

 

 

 

For the first time in a long while, Myungsoo isn't the last one to leave. He's actually done earlier than usual. There's no special reason for it, though, besides his workload being lighter for the day. He only wishes he had one. Sungyeol's been busy promoting his movie, so they haven't had a chance to see each other in weeks. Exchanging texts and random pictures is nice to a point. After that Myungsoo would rather have the actor in front of him. But he can only hope Sungyeol is able to find some time to see him.

He waves goodbye to Jiae and Sujeong still stuck behind their desks. They whine about him leaving before them and make sure he remembers the team dinner they're having the next day (with a reluctant Sunggyu who'll most likely end up footing the bill). Eventually he's able to get out of the room and make his way to the elevators. As if on cue, one of them arrives just as he gets there. The doors open to reveal the last person Myungsoo expects to see. He takes a step back in surprise and looks around to see if there's anyone else close by.

"What are you doing here," he asks.

Sungyeol steps off the elevator, his lower lip sticking out in a pout. "You don't look very happy to see me," the actor scolds him. "After I came all the way here to surprise you."

Myungsoo isn't sure if he wants to kick him or kiss him, but neither action would be appropriate at the moment. Instead he wraps his hand around Sungyeol's wrist and gently pulls him toward the stairwell. The actor follows behind him readily. It's not necessarily any better than being in the hallway, but it feels relatively more private. Once the door shuts behind them and they're both sure it's only them in the stairwell, Myungsoo wastes no time backing his boyfriend up against the wall. He doesn't have to tip-toe too much as Sungyeol meets him halfway to connect their lips.

The kiss starts off slow, a simple press of their lips, before becoming deeper. Sungyeol's hands grip onto Myungsoo's waist to bring him closer while the intern holds on tightly to the front of Sungyeol’s shirt. Even though it's inevitable, Myungsoo doesn't want the moment to end. It's been so long since they could be together like this, just the two of them. (Of course, his place of work isn't the best location for what they're doing.) Sungyeol seems to be just as reluctant to part when Myungsoo tries to put a bit of space between them, so the younger man indulges him and kisses him again. It's long and leaves them both out of breath by the end of it. There's silence between them for a moment afterwards as they stare at each other. Myungsoo speaks up first.

"But why are you really here? I find it hard to believe you came here just for me."

Sungyeol his head to the side in a way that Myungsoo finds incredibly cute, a small smile pulling at his lips. "Why is that hard to believe," he asks.

"You're already so busy." It hardly sounds convincing even to Myungsoo. "You don't have to go out of your way to come see me." And he really means it. Although he'd like to be with Sungyeol pretty much all time, Myungsoo wouldn't want the other to shirk his responsibilities for the sake of a quick meet-up. He can make do with seeing each other whenever it's convenient.

"I know." Sungyeol glances down, most likely from embarrassment at what he's about to say. "But I want to."

Myungsoo brings his arms up to wrap around Sungyeol’s neck and tip-toes to place a little peck on his nose. "You're really great, you know that?"

Sungyeol blushes at the compliment, but tries to quickly tries to collect himself. "So I've heard," he replies with feigned arrogance. It only lasts a couple seconds before a brilliant smile takes over. Myungsoo spends a moment enjoying the sight. This might be the brightest smile he's ever gotten from Sungyeol. And then he ruins it.

"But why are you really here," he asks again. He laughs at how fast Sungyeol’s smile falls mostly because he knows the other isn't really upset.

"This again?"

Myungsoo only nods in response.

"If I tell you, then I'll have to kill you."

An eye roll this time.

"Fine," Sungyeol sighs. "But you can't tell anyone because it's not official just yet." Myungsoo sticks out his pinky finger and the actor wraps his own around it so they can do a (very childish) pinky promise. "So the reason I'm here—besides to see you, of course—is because I might get casted in another drama for this station."

Myungsoo pulls his boyfriend into a hug, grinning from ear to ear. "That's so exciting. I can't wait to watch you on TV again."

"Might," Sungyeol stresses, "I said I might get the part. A lot of good actors want the same part."

Myungsoo finally releases the taller man so he can land a weak punch on his shoulder. Much like Myungsoo's insecurity about his permanence in the other's life, Sungyeol has a tendency to put down himself and his talents. He's promised to work on it and the younger man makes sure to help him along any way he can. "What have I told you about negative thinking? You will get the part. I know it."

Sungyeol leans in to press a soft kiss to Myungsoo's lips. "Thank you," he says, his voice low and warm.

It's hard to resist the strong urge to pull the actor back in for another kiss, but Myungsoo reminds himself that they're still technically in public. "We should probably go now," he says instead as he takes Sungyeol's hand. It might as well have been a suggestion seeing as neither of them make a move to leave. Sungyeol smiles down at him like he's been reading his mind and he knows how badly Myungsoo wants to kiss him. It's true, but Myungsoo doesn't want to give him the satisfaction of being right. He clears his throat and turns to head down the stairs. Sungyeol follows behind him, his laughter echoing in the empty stairwell.

"What kind of role is it anyway?" Myungsoo picks the conversation back up as if it had never been dropped. He's both genuinely curious and in need of a way to distract his boyfriend.

Sungyeol swings their connected hands between them as they walk side-by-side. "A doctor," he answers simply.

"Aren't you kinda young to be a doctor?"

"Well, he's supposed to be a genius too. Shouldn't he be young?"

Myungsoo sighs, letting go of Sungyeol's hand to hug him from the side instead. They've stopped on the landing between the first and second floors. There's only a flight of stairs separating them and everyone else, but Myungsoo isn't ready to give that up just yet. "So my boyfriend's going to be a genius doctor. How lucky am I?"

Sungyeol chuckles and pets Myungsoo's hair affectionately. "Lucky? What are you going to do if I don't get the part?" He looks down at Myungsoo, the smile on his lips reaching all the way up to his eyes.

"I'd have you all to myself, then, I guess," Myungsoo concludes after a moment of thought. He leans in to finally claim Sungyeol's lips. It lasts longer than it should, but Myungsoo can't seem to let it end.

Sungyeol pulls away first—well, as well as he can with Myungsoo's arms wrapped around him. "You're really great, you know that," he echoes Myungsoo's question from earlier.

Maybe it's because it reminds him of the first time Sungyeol told him he liked him, but Myungsoo feels his stomach flipping at the words. He lets go of his boyfriend and focuses on straightening his clothes. "It might've come up," he murmurs, feeling oddly shy. It's not like the two of them have never complimented each other.

"I have an idea," Sungyeol says as he starts walking down the last flight of stairs with Myungsoo following behind him. "How about your genius doctor boyfriend takes you back to his place so you can have him all to yourself for the night?"

"Until you have to be on-call at the hospital again," Myungsoo snorts while Sungyeol laughs at the corniness. "Okay." They've finally reached the first floor and Myungsoo pecks Sungyeol on the lips before pulling open the door leading to the lobby. "It's a date."