Final

You're More Than Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi slowly walked and followed the rose petal trail in front of her. Every step made her heart beat faster; she wanted to know where the trail leads.

 It was supposed to be an ordinary day of work for her at the office, but one of her co-workers asked her to bring documents to the main lobby. But when she went there, a long trail of rose petals greeted her.

 

The trail led her outside, and she had a shock of her life after seeing a familiar figure standing outside their building, holding a bouquet of flowers. The spot where he stood was also the end of the rose petal trail.

"What are you doing here?" Eunbi smiled widely as she approached the person outside, "How did you know I'm here?"

"I have my sources," Hansol grinned before giving Eunbi the flowers, "I asked the florist to give me the best bouquet they have, I told them I'm bringing this to a goddess."

Eunbi immediately felt her cheeks become warm; Hansol always spoke too highly of her. He showered her with too many kind words that she already felt undeserving of his attention, "You shouldn't say such things," the cheery face Eunbi had slowly became glum. She immediately averted her eyes away from Hansol, "I--I think we should end this right now."

Hansol creased his forehead as he cupped Eunbi's cheeks to make her look at him, "What are you talking about? If this is about my parents, then--"

"You don't understand," tears welled up on Eunbi's eyes. Her voice became shaky, since she was already trying to hold back her tears, "You're too kind, you're too precious. You have a life waiting for you in America. Don't hold back just because of me."

"Why are you saying such things now?" Hansol sighed. He slid his hands from her cheeks to her shoulders and leaned his head against her shoulder, "Why are you worrying too much?"

Eunbi closed her eyes shut. She was certain that breaking up with him was the best for the both of them. The wide gap between their lives had already caused problems before, and she didn't want to see the person she loved the most get hurt again.

Eunbi felt her heart beat faster; she had to make things clear to him for once and for all.

"I want you to be happy," Eunbi held Hansol's arms to release herself from his grip.

"But I'll be happier with you," Hansol already wore a worried look on his face, "Please don't do this."

Eunbi covered with her hands as tears started falling on her cheeks. The look Hansol had was too pitiful and unbearable for her. She knew that it would be difficult for them to end their relationship, but in the back of her mind, she knew it would benefit them in the long run.

"You can meet better women than me," Eunbi forced a smile.

Hansol couldn't believe what was happening. He was sure everything was getting better, since his parents already showed their approval with their relationship. And besides, he knew his position as their company's vice president and Eunbi's job as a mere office lady wouldn't affect their relationship. He loved her very much, and he thought she also felt the same way. But why would she suddenly ask for a break-up?

Hansol quickly held her and wrapped his arms around her, "I'm sorry, but I can't."

A stunned Eunbi felt her breathing come to a halt as Hansol hugged her tighter, as if he didn't want to let her go anymore.

"I love you too much and I want things to work for us," Hansol nudged his head against her shoulder, "I love you, Jiyoon."

Eunbi slowly moved her arms to hug him back. It was the safest feeling she ever had. Yes, their relationship might have experienced a lot of rough times, but Hansol was still the one who completed her life.

"I love you too, Raewon."

Hearing her words made Hansol elated. He gently broke lose from her hug and moved closer to her face, "I've always wanted to hear that from you," he smiled warmly before taking her hands to place them on his cheeks, "You don't know how happy I am to hear you say those words," he chuckled.

If Hansol enjoyed their closeness, Eunbi was already feeling awkward, "Aren't you a bit near?" she whispered.

"I know," Hansol whispered back, "And it serves a purpose," he smiled before slowly moving to give her a kiss.

 

But even before their lips could touch, a loud voice called out a few meters away from them.

 

"Aaaaaand... cut!"

 

The shy smiling face Eunbi had was immediately replaced by a stoic one. She swiftly but lightly pushed Hansol away from her and started walking away to approach the make-up artists, "Sowon unnie, I think you need to add more BB cream on my forehead," Eunbi called out.

As the make-up artist fixed Eunbi's make-up, a discouraged Hansol watched from afar. The Eunbi on cam and behind the scene were two different people.

"Yo, Hansol," Seungcheol, Hansol's manager, called out. He held a can of soda with him and gave it to Hansol, "That was a good take! PD-nim said you guys can leave early today since you both have to attend the drama presscon this afternoon."

Hansol seemed uninterested with what Seungcheol was saying. He just had his eyes fixed on Eunbi.

"Hey," a confused Seungcheol asked, before following with his eyes where Hansol was looking at. And the baffled face he had suddenly lit up, "Oh, you checkin' Miss Hwang?"

"Huh?" Hansol was stunned, "Wh--what are you talking about?!" he immediately turned to look away from the direction where Eunbi stood, which made Seungcheol even more suspicious. Hansol wasn't like that before. He was the career-centered type of person, and because of that attitude of his, he had broke a lot of hearts before, including the hearts of the previous actresses he had worked with.

But when Hansol was paired up with rookie actress Hwang Eunbi, the heartless top actor suddenly started becoming different.

Seungcheol could not count how many times he caught Hansol looking somewhere intently in between takes. But he finally realized that his actor was just gazing at Eunbi from afar.

"Do you like her?" Seungcheol blurted out.

"Huh?" Hansol creased his forehead as he fixed his shirt, "What do you mean?"

A giddy Seungcheol immediately pointed at an oblivious Hwang Eunbi who was getting her make-up done and stood a few meters away from them, "Do you like Hwang Eunbi?"

Hansol's eyes widened; his manager couldn't get any dumber for speaking such things with a loud voice. He immediately held Seungcheol's arms and covered his mouth, "Ah, what are you doing? Stop embarrassing me!" he seethed, as he carefully dragged his manager farther, away from Eunbi, "Stop meddling with my private life, manager-nim."

Seungcheol immediately pulled Hansol's hand away from his mouth, "Ah, so you really like her, eh?" he smirked.

Hansol pursed his lips in annoyance; as far as he was concerned, he tried hiding his fondness for Hwang Eunbi from everyone else, but he didn't expect Seungcheol to notice it quickly.

"Why don't you ask her out already?" Seungcheol tilted his head, "Miss Hwang's really pretty, and for a starting actress, she is quite good. You'll never know, one or two days from now, she's already dating another actor."

"I can't do that," Hansol sighed, "I think she doesn't like me," he lowered his head as he spoke. Ever since they started filming, Eunbi had been giving him a cold shoulder. Well, she wasn't treating him badly or anything, it was just that she avoided him a lot behind the scenes. Hansol had thought that Eunbi's coldness might affect their so-called love team on camera, but surprisingly, Eunbi can act like someone who really loved him even if she didn't.

"Maybe she just feels awkward around you," Seungcheol rubbed his fingers on his chin as he tried thinking of what to say next to make poor Hansol feel better. A few seconds of silence passed and he spoke, "Or maybe she had heard about your ex-girlfriends and how you harshly broke up with them!" he snapped his fingers after finishing his sentence.

But Hansol just gave his manager a weirded out stare. The last girlfriend he had was four years ago, during the time when he was still starting in the industry. How was Seungcheol supposed to talk about him breaking up with his girlfriends the harsh way if he hasn't even met him yet during that time?

"What? Am I right?" Seungcheol grinned.

Hansol sighed before walking away, leaving his manager in complete confusion.

"Hey! Choi Hansol!" Seungcheol called out, "The presscon will start at 2 p.m.! Don't be late!"

 

-

It only took Hansol an hour and a half to travel from their set location to the hotel where their drama's presscon was going to be held. And he didn't put much effort to prepare himself for it; he just wore his favorite band shirt under a button-down shirt, jeans, and his trusty sneakers for the event.

As Hansol entered the hotel's lobby, two large-built men went to welcome him and block him from the press people who were already aiming their cameras at him. The flashing lights shone too bright that Hansol had to squint his eyes and cover his face just to avoid getting blinded by the cameras' flashes.

It took him a few minutes to reach the backstage, and Seungcheol was the first person who greeted him when he entered the door.

"Ah! Hansol! You're here," Seungcheol beamed before calling out to the make-up artist, "Ah, Miss Kim, Miss Kim, please have him fixed, okay?" he spoke before pulling Hansol with him to sit in front of a long table where cosmetic materials were scattered. It seemed like everyone was too busy to clean the place up.

"Ah, please wait here," the make-up artist spoke, "I'll just get something from my bag," she said before leaving Hansol with a worried face. He immediately turned to look behind him and saw everyone going to and fro, trying to make last-minute changes and preparations before the presscon starts.

Hansol sighed. He knew it was going to be another long day for him. He straightened himself in his seat as he waited for the make-up artist to return.

 

"Oh, you still haven't fixed yourself?" a soft voice spoke beside him.

 Hansol moved his eyes to the side to get a glimpse of the person who spoke, and he was surprised to see Eunbi standing beside him. He immediately stood up to greet her, "Ah, um, hello," Hansol forced an awkward smile; it was the first time that Eunbi actually talked to him without a memorized script, "Yeah, I'm still waiting for Miss Kim to come back and do my make-up," Hansol added.

"But we only have a few minutes left before the presscon starts," Eunbi answered without looking at him. She immediately took the foundation from the table and motioned at Hansol to sit down, to which Hansol followed.

"Um," Hansol gulped, "What are you doing?" he asked as he watched Eunbi fasten her hair with a rubber band. He couldn't help but stare at how pretty she looked even if she wore a serious expression on her face.

"I'll do your make-up, if you don't mind," Eunbi spoke as she placed the foundation cream on her fingers.

"You--you know how to?" Hansol tried not to look nervous about Eunbi making him look presentable. The thought of Eunbi touching his face made him anxious and happy at the same time.

"Of course," an unaware Eunbi cracked a smug smile on her face, "I always do my own make-up," she slowly moved to place the cream on Hansol's face, trying to be gentle and careful not to leave a single scratch on his flawless face.

Hansol just gazed intently at her as she put foundation on him. Eunbi had a straight face on, which made it difficult for him to read what she was thinking as she held his face. She had no idea about the emotional rollercoaster ride he was already going through.

Her fingers felt soft and gentle against his skin, just like how he had imagined it. Eunbi was the graceful and sophisticated type of person who still gave off a friendly aura despite looking serious most of the time. Hansol had always wondered how it felt like spending more time with her. She seemed like someone who was sweet and friendly to those who were close to her.

Their interactions were always determined by the drama's script. And Hwang Eunbi followed everything what was written in it. But Choi Hansol wanted something more than just acting what was on the script.

 

Hansol impulsively held her hand and moved it away from his face, which startled Eunbi for a bit.

 

"Ah," Eunbi gulped, "Did I hurt your face?"

Hansol shook his head as a response, before planting a kiss on her hand. A quick bolt of electricity ran through Eunbi's spine after Hansol's unexpected gesture.

"Wai--wait!" Eunbi swiftly pulled her hand away from him, "What are you doing?" she already had a nervous expression on her face.

But Hansol stayed silent and just gave her a piercing stare, which made Eunbi even more nervous. It seemed like it was a different Hansol in front of her. She was puzzled as to why he was suddenly acting strange that day.

Silence fell between the two. Neither of them had the courage to speak after what happened.

 

"Miss Hwang, Mr. Choi!" the PD called out from the door, "The event's about to start. You need to get on the stage now!"

Eunbi nodded, "We--we'll be there in a moment," she responded as she held her hand which was kissed by Hansol and rubbed it with her fingers. She glanced at Hansol and saw that he was still staring at her. Her heart started beating faster than usual. She had no idea about what was already going through his mind.

"I think we should go now," Eunbi m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter