Chapter 21

Accidental Love

Areum was blushing madly and she was well aware of it. Jongin chuckled as he continued locking his gaze on her. She grew flustered from his stares and bit her lip. She stood up in attempt to escape from embarrassment but failed to do so when she felt a warm hand holding onto hers. At that moment, never has she felt that her hand was meant to be for someone else, in this case it was Jongin. But she didn't say anything about it and kept it to herself because she thought that it would be ridiculous to say it out. 

 
Jongin stood up as well and with gentle force, he pulled Areum towards him, causing her to bump into his broad chest. She flinched slightly and tilted her head up to look at him. She bit her lips—a habit of hers when she gets nervous— as Jongin sent her a cocky smirk. 
 
"We're not done yet, Cho Areum." he told her teasingly.
 
"And stop biting your lips or i'll kiss you." And this caused Areum to blush hard. She wasn't even able to cool down from all his teasing yet sweet actions, and she was totally flushed like a tomato. 
 
Of course, it only made her bit her lips even more to the point that it was slight bleeding on the inside. Like Jongin said, he then pecked her on the lips that lasted for a second which made her bury into his chest. 
 
"You haven't said anything to me eversince i confessed Areum..." he turned serious.
 
"Do you not love me?" he asked suddenly, when he clearly knows that the girl has feelings for him. But he wasn't sure if she was inlove with him, like how he was inlove with her. He would surely feel disappointed if she didn't feel the same way, but he didn't want to push it. If Areum loves him, then his definitely more than happy about it, but if she's not, his just going to keep chasing her until she falls inlove with him. Its crazy how she's able to change him to be how he is now. He wanted Areum and  nobody else. He wanted to be with the person who has brought him back to the light. The only person who actually managed to do that despite the countless number of girls who has only been trying to make him notice their presence. 
 
And if he doesn't get her, nobody else can.
 
She was taken aback by his question.  Hasn't she made it obvious enough that she too was inlove with him? The never ending blushing and embarassment he made her go through. Wasn't that an obvious sign? It was her first time getting butterflies in her stomach just by being with someone—aside from the time when she had to go on stage to receive a certificate during her third grade—and she liked the feeling of it. It was something foreign to her and loved it. To just be with him that is. The way he cares for her, she couldn't be more grateful to know that someone in the world still cares for her. The way he touches her, she never felt so good just to have a skin contact with someone else. The way he hugs her, never has she felt so safe and protected to be in his embrace. The way he looks at her, she didn't thought anyone would even pay a single glance of love for her. Everything was new for her and she would be lying if she said she didn't want to experience it everyday from now.
 
She smiled sweetly. "Listen Jongin.." He looked at her intensely as his heart started beating rapidly just from the way she said his name.
 
"I fell inlove with you the moment i saw you." she confessed. 
 
"The first time i saw you, i wondered if it was even possible for one to look that gorgeous. And i'm not kidding about this, but you really look like someone who just came out from a manga." They both chuckled.
 
"But i didn't plan to make a move. Because i figured it was just a mere crush. And i knew i didn't stand a chance of being with you. So, i pushed my feelings aside because i didn't want it to affect myself especially when i was in a new school. Then to my luck, you're in the same class as i was. It was really unexpected and i honestly kinda hated it." she said causing Jongin to raise an eyebrow.
 
"You hated being in the same class as me?" he asked defensively.
 
"Indeed. Because i knew i won't be able to control my feelings. And before you know it, i became your seat mate, which only made everything worst for me. You were so cold and mean back then. But i didn't take it to the heart because i felt like i knew what you were going through.." she suddenly buried her head into his chest and hugged him tightly.
 
"Through your eyes, i could see you. You were sad, and alone. And it reminded me of myself. But perhaps, you had it worst than me.. Then i tried to talk to you, not because i was interested in you. But because i wanted a friend and since you were my seat mate, it would make sense if i befriended you. You were so heartless and i was slightly disappointed to be honest. But what really attracted me about you was when you started showing some care towards me. When you protected me from Jina and the other girls, i felt happy somehow, to know that you were protecting me even when you were that type of person. And then as days passed i fell inlove with you more and more. But i never thought on telling you as i didn't want to embarrass myself knowing that you'll never take an interest in someone like me." she finished and finally looked up towards him.
 
"And here we are now." he smirked.
 
Areum giggled pulled away from the long hug. She held onto his hands tightly and stared straight into his eyes. "In conclusion, i'm inlove with you too Jongin." 
 
Jongin had a satisfied smile plastered on his face. He leaned forward and kissed her lovingly. "You have no idea how happy i am right now." he planted a kiss on her hands. 
 
"So, girlfriend...."
 
The next day
 
Jongin's POV
 
I woke up to the floral and luscious aroma that lingered around my room. Mmmm.. She smells so good.. I obviously knew where the smell came from since she smelled the same every single day. Not that I'm complaining. Indeed, i love the way she smelled everyday. It makes me want to pull her into an embrace and not let her go. 
 
"Good morning!" she chirped in a joyful tone as she stood by the door. 
 
She was all ready to go to school and i mentally groaned at her enthusiasm. School.. What a way to ruin my lovely mood. "Morning love.." i said and sat up as i stretched. I sent her a gratified smile and patted the space beside me, telling her to come and take a sit next to me.
 
You have no idea how elated i am after confessing to her, and knowing that she feels the same about me. As she took a sit, i pulled her closer to me and hugged her from the back. I buried my face into her neck and took the moment to inhale her floral scent. "You smell good.." i confessed.
 
And without even looking, i knew she was blushing. "Jongin-ah..." she placed her hands over mine and rocked left and right. 
 
"Mmm?" i hummed as i kept my eyes close, resting my eyes as i continued cherishing the moment.
 
"It's getting late. Go and take a shower, you smell like a dead cat." she joked and i had a great comeback already prepared in my head.
 
"And you love this 'dead' cat.." i smirked and pecked her on the cheeks. 
 
She blushed and pulled away from my embrace. "Get ready or i'll just leave without you." she stuck her tongue out to me playfully and made her way down. But quickly, i grabbed her by the hands and pulled her towards me. I was still comfortably sitting on my bed, so it happened that i was hugging her while she stood up infront of me. 
 
My head rested against her stomach and i hugged her tightly from the bottom, making sure that i don't touch any other 'part' that would make her uncomfortable. I was practically hugging the bottom part of her like a little kid, not that i mind. She my head and played with my hair and honestly, that was one of the best feelings i ever felt in such a long time. 
 
"Let's not go to school today!" i told her with full spirit.
 
Author's POV 
 
"W-What? Why?" Areum removed her hands from Jongin's embrace. She didn't understand why he would suddenly think of skipping school. School has always been important to her. Because her parents always told her that to be successful in life, her presence in school would play a crucial role in this. 
 
She knows what she's going to go through in school if she went that day. But she also knows that no matter how much she tries to avoid it, it will never actually vanish just like that. She knew there was no point of avoiding it, since they are in the same school after all. 
 
"I want to take you out." he simply said and Areum was bewildered at how he was able to say it so casually. 
 
She shook her head hardly. "There's always the weekends." she argued.
 
"But that's too long!" he complained and immediately got on his feet. Areum found it funny and cute how this was able to make him completely awake. 
 
"Pleaseeee!" he pouted and showed his puppy dog eyes, desperate for his girlfriend to give in to him. 
 
He had plans for his girl and even though he was able to do it on the weekends where they always run out of plans and spent the days at home, he felt a need to take her out on that day itself. Besides, he didn't want to be facing those heads that hurt his girlfriend because he knew it would just raise his temper that would eventually lead to more violence. Although, he didn't mind getting hurt for Areum.
 
"I'm not getting out of this room then. And neither will you." he smirked as naughty thoughts came running into his mind. Of course he was teasing, though it would be fun to watch her suffer in the room with him for the whole day.
 
Her eyes turned wide as she understood what he meant. "Fine! Fine! Oh my god!" she agreed almost immediately and glared at him. Gosh, how does he do that? She asked herself, wondering how Jongin always manage to lure her into his trap. 
 
Jongin lifted her up in joy and spun her around. He placed her down after what seemed like forever and kissed on the lips. "I love you." 
 
"I love you too Jongin." she sent him her million dollar smile that was one of the feature of her that he couldn't get enough of.
 
While Jongin took a nice, satisfying shower, Areum went into her closet and scanned around, trying to find something that would attract her and possibly, her boyfriend. It would be the first time that they'll be going out together as a real couple, and just the thought of that had the butterflies in her stomach fluttering uncontrollably.
 
This? Nah, too formal. I don't even know where we're going. This? Too much exposure, no, no. This? Ew, why do i even have this in here? What about this? With her right hand, she held up a loose floral spaghetti strap top in a violet color and with her left hand, she held up a short light denim high waist pants. Hmmm, this should be fine. Satisfied with the outfit she picked out, she ed her white blouse and started changing into her outfit. 
 
When she was done, she checked herself in the mirror. Her top was slightly cropped that it revealed her belly button and she hoped it wouldn't be too much for Jongin. She wanted to look pretty for him, but she didn't want to be compared to a . Then, she untied her hair and let it flow against her back. She didn't have to style it since it was already wavy and voluminous the way it is. She picked a pair of simple white sneakers and changed into it before applying a tinted lip balm and a small amount of blush on her cheeks. She checked her appearance from head to toe one last time through the mirror  and when she was satisfied, she grabbed a small sling bag to fit her necessities before heading out. 
 
While waiting for Jongin to finish getting ready, she decided to do some cleaning in the kitchen area and hung some clothes to dry. As she was hanging the last shirt that apparently belonged to Jongin, she heard a voice from behind.
 
"Wow.." Jongin said as he stood a distance away from where Areum was. She turned instantly and a shy smile formed on her face as she grew fluttered from the way he was staring at her. He stared at her from head to toe as his smile grew wider and wider at the gorgeous sight before him. "Stop staring.." she blushed.
 
"I'm sorry.. But you're too beautiful. I can't stand it." he said and walked towards her before pulling her into his arms and sharing a loving kiss with her. 
 
They both pulled away knowing that they won't be able to hold their breaths any longer through the intimate kiss. Areum wrapped her arms around his neck while his encircled her waist perfectly. "So, where are we going?" 
 
And Jongin's infamous smirk slowly formed on his face. What is this guy up too..
 
Jongin interlocked his hands with hers and pulled her out to his car. He opened the door, led her in and fastened her sit belt for her even though she could do it herself. He just wanted to take it as an advantage to be closer to her and so that he could steal a peck. After the little tease session, he made a turn from the from to get in the drivers seat. Areum took that moment to admire him silently as she watched him enter. He was wearing a simple white long sleeved buttoned up shirt with denim shorts and he had a ray ban sunglasses resting on the bridge of his nose. Even with the most simplest yet casual outfit, he was able to pull it off amazingly. He looked handsome all the time and she wondered if it was even possible. She thought maybe because she was inlove that he looked charming every single time. But then again, her boyfriend is Jongin and Jongin is one of the most handsome and hot guys she has ever met. To hell with that, he topped everyone else. 
 
Once Jongin has started the engine and drove off carefully, Areum shifted her gaze from him, toward the scene outside of her. Repeated questions like 'where are we going' and 'where is he taking me' continued to linger in her mind that she grew even curious as she saw that they were going towards a different direction that she expected them to go. 
 
She felt a hand crawl up to hers that were resting on her laps. She turned to the owner of the hands and smiled instantly. His hands felt too soft for a man but she certainly had no problem with it. 
 
Just by holding hands, they felt their hearts racing and the butterflies in their stomach just wouldn't stop tickling them—Both of them. Isn't it adorable how the littlest actions can actually flutter them simply. Even Jongin who was more experienced, the feeling he felt when he touches her was something different, it felt magical. Even he found it strange how she manage to make him feel like she was his first from the start. At times he felt like he what he was doing was wrong and that he was betraying his long gone ex, but whenever he felt that way, something tells him that it's okay and that he should move on and be happy again— as if it was Jieun giving him the approval.
 
"I love you." Jongin suddenly said as he kept his eyes on the road and his left hand holding onto hers tightly. Silence was all he received. The traffic light showed a red color and he took that chance to look at her— and probably start a little unnecessary argument with her for not responding to his expression of love. 
 
But before he could open his mouth to speak, he instantly calm down and watch his girl doze off to sleep. He sniggered quietly to himself and pulled back her hair that was covering her face. Then he leaned forward and stole a kiss on her right cheek, causing her to smile unconsciously in her sleep. 
 
As he drove and drove, the view of the different types of buildings started to fade out of sight as they entered a more nature like area. It didn't take that long to arrive at the destination but Jongin's careful but slow driving made them arrive an hour after they left home. 
 
He was being cautious and gentle because he didn't want to wake the sleeping beauty beside him. He would glance at her ever so often just to check if she was uncomfortable or something. Even after the first 30 minutes of her dozing off, irrational thoughts started to invade his mind—thinking if she was really sleeping or she has actually knocked out to a concussion. But in actual fact, she was just really tired from the dreadful event that happened the day before.
 
"Areum-ah, we're here." Jongin spoke softly as he pinched her cheeks gently to wake her up. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked out the windows. Was she dreaming?  She think she would see anything so magical yet so real in her life. The excitement in her grew and her eyes sparkled as she quickly fastened her seatbelt and stepped out of the car. Oh wow.. Jongin thought disappointedly, seeing how delighted she was to be there instead of having to be there with him.
 
Areum walked and walked into the forest garden. Nature has always been her bestfriend and to be walking into a place that consists mainly of that, made her calm and peaceful. The leaves were brightly green, petals of the different shades of pink scattered on the floor perfectly as if planned, the sunflowers and daisies swayed together with the wind along the pathway like they were waving to her and the smell of nature felt like it could clean her lungs just by breathing. Summer, one of the best seasons that she would always love.
 
Jongin watched her from a distance, trailing her from behind with his hands placed in his pockets as he kept his eyes focused on her. She looked like an angel that dropped from the sky—especially with the sun ray that was shining directly above her, creating a halo effect on her. She was just enjoying the moment that she totally forgot about her boyfriends' existence. But Jongin wasn't upset, he was pleased seeing how much she was enjoying something that he had planned. 
 
"It's so beautiful!!" she spun around with her arms stretched wide, closing her eyes while inhaling the clean air. 
 
"Just like you." he managed to trap her in his arms and whispered into her ear. She brought her hands down and placed them on his as a blush crept onto her face.