Filler #1

It Was You

When Wendy was young, she found it fairly easy to fit in with people. She moved on several occasions-- her parents were travelling business workers, so she never really got attached to any place she went to. She got her charisma from her father and learned her basic ettiquette from her mother. Her sister gave her some advice later in her teenage years because Wendy had to admit, hearing the advice that was given to her by her parents was simply outdated at the age she was at. 

Wendy knew when to smile and laugh, but she also knew when it was time to keep shut. The simple knowledge of this has kept her out of trouble many times and she's grateful for what she's learned. 

Although she knew when to smile and laugh, she didn't know how to convey her emotions-- she didn't know how to speak her mind or how to get her point across without getting frustrated. It got better as she grew up, but even now Wendy feels frustrated by it.

The first time her family moved, it was from a quaint town in Canada to Ontario. The change was abrupt and Wendy, being the nine year old she was, didn't know how to react to it. She came into her new school with cautious steps and weary looks. She didn't know whether or not her classmates would like her and she was deathly terrified of her teachers. Her sister had already adjusted fairly well; she was older and she already moved a couple of times before Wendy was born. 

When the teacher introduced Wendy, she smiled with a tilt of her head that seemed to charm her classmates and her teachers. 

That was when she learned her first lesson: always smile, whether for yourself or for others.

Looking back at it, Wendy chuckles because that same lesson that she learned also was the reason for her emotional breakdowns. 

The second time she moved, it wasn't too bad. They moved to another city and although she no longer went to the same school as before, she was familiar with the surroundings and environment. It eased the tensions in her and when the teacher introduced her, she confidently grinned and waved to her classmates.

She moved a couple of more times after that and Wendy did end up falling in love with one place. 

South Korea.

The first time she visited the country, it was dark. They got off the plane and hired a taxi to Seoul and she spent the whole ride peering out the windows with wide eyes. Even at night the city was beautiful; the lights illuminated the streets and buildings, the malls were huge and people were still out walking and enjoying the company of their friends and family.

That was the first time she grew attached to a place.

When they went back to Canada she would ask every few weeks when they were going to go back to South Korea and in the end, her parents decided, with the Wendy's own personal consent, that she would go to an international school in Seoul. 

The second time she fell for something.. Wendy laughs quietly at it as she watches Irene play with Yeri.

The second tme she fell for something-- well, someone, she fell for Irene. 

It took a while. A couple of months and only after the incident from earlier that night did she finally figure it out. 

Irene's pleasant and sweet sounding voice, her brown eyes that glimmered when she looked at her close friends and family. Her thin lips that Wendy did manage to get a taste of.

She smiled and touched her own lips, still feeling the tingling sensation. 

"Wendy unnie!" Yeri called out from below and Wendy let her hand fall as she looked down and smiled at the girl.

"Hmm?" 

"Come play with Yeri and umma!" The small child gave a toothy grin and Wendy gave in.

Wendy looked at Irene, who had a smiled softly at the scene.

She really fell for Irene. She fell hard.

 


AN: hello!!! I couldnt figure out what to write for the next chapter so I just did a filler chap instead so I hope y'all enjoyed this :^) if you wanna just like,, slip a little upvote, i'd appreciate it wink wink but tysm for the support for this fic!