Final

Quietly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Quietly

Characters: Jin (Park Myungeun), Jung Yein, Lovelyz members

Length: 2,143 words

 

The girls of female rookie group, Lovelyz are practicing for their upcoming comeback. Now that Seo Jisoo has finally joined in back, they are happier than they used to be. Jiae is the most delighted of them all when the former has comeback for good this time. After all, they are dating quietly without the company and the fans know about their relationship except for their fellow members of course.

They take a rest for 5 minutes after endless practicing session. Baby Soul like always leans on the mirror whiles her hand on her stomach saying “Ah so tired!” which copied by Mijoo afterwards. The two girls share their glare at each other while the rest of the members sitting down taking a break meanwhile Yein can’t control herself being energetic. Jisoo rolls her eyes at the maknae.

“Jung Yein, aren’t you going to stay still?”

The youngest in the group for some reason is being all jumpy and her bright smile never seems to leave her face. Sujeong makes a face at the former.

“Why are you so excited?” Jiae raises her eyebrow.

“It’s Jin unnie’s birthday tomorrow!” she exclaimed in a high pitch voice. Kei furrows her eyebrows.

“So?”

Yein stops her action and makes a face at the elder girl.

“So? Aren’t you excited for her?”

“It’s not like we never celebrate her birthday together. What’s wrong with that?” Mijoo invades in the conversation.

“Guys it’s her birthday. Aren’t you guys going to surprise her tomorrow?”

“Speaking of Jin, where has she gone to?” Baby Soul wanders her eyes for the mentioned girl. Yein follows the leader’s eyes.

“I saw her going outside before. I have no idea where she has gone to!”

“Mijoo, help me find her together. We’re starting practicing back in a minute!”

“I’ll go look for her!” Yein volunteers without inviting anyone to go with her which receives a confused expression from the members. The maknae dashes out in a blink of an eye without a sound.

Yein first checks Jin in the bathroom but the searched girl isn’t there. The young girl then walks over to a vending machine perhaps the elder girl is actually there. And yes she’s right!

But Jin is with someone. Hoya! The main dancer from the group Infinite, their labelmate senior! Everyone knows that Jin is a fan girl of the elder guy and seeing how close they stand facing each other somehow irks Yein so much. The young girl sees how Jin’s smiling shyly probably because Hoya telling his not-so-funny-but-smiles-because-she’s-with-her-favorite-idol joke. There’s a tint red on the elder girl’s cheeks and Yein subconsciously clenches her fist.

Yein starts her way to the pair and grabs on Jin’s hand.

“Unnie, Soojung unnie is looking for you. We have to start practice!”

Jin looks surprise but nods her head nevertheless at the younger girl.

“Ouh okay!”

They are about to walk back to the practice room when Hoya calls the soon-to-be-birthday-girl.

“Good luck on your practice and happy birthday in advance again, Myungeun-ah!” Jin turns back and thanks the elder guy. Yein grits her teeth.

He’s the first to wish her birthday? Damn, it should be me!

Jin notices the younger girl’s expression so she nudges her.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing. Hurry up or Soul unnie is going to be mad!”

Yein leaves Jin dumbfounded as she runs to the practice room back. Jin knows something is definitely wrong with the young girl. Maybe Yein is upset at her about something.

Jin shrugs the thought aside and hurries back to practice.

-

The girls are back to practice and oddly enough they see how Yein is so quiet after coming back from getting Jin when she was so excited and happy before that. Taking a brief break, Mijoo scratches the back of her head seeing the youngest quietly sitting on the bench. She nudges Jin which seated beside her.

“Has something happened between you and Yein before?”

Jin tilts her head at Mijoo and takes a quick glance at Yein who’s looking gloomy and unhappy. Jin shrugs.

“I don’t know. Maybe she’s upset at me about something.”

“You better settle things with her quickly. I don’t want this thing to keep going!” Jisoo warns Jin which the latter obediently nods.

“You look so mature like that Seo Jisoo. Even better than Soojung unnie!” Jiae playfully remarks.

“Yah!” Baby Soul widens her eyes at the former which receives laughter from the younger. Jisoo gives her toothy smile to the two eldest in the group.

“Soojung unnie has been a really good leader. Just because of that simple words coming out from Jisoo doesn’t mean she’s better than my Soul!”

“Oh Lee Mijoo, the Soojung unnie protection squad, I see!” Jisoo teases her friend. Baby Soul rolls her eyes not so impresses with the way Mijoo defends her but she secretly loving it.

Jin’s focus distracted from the unnies line with her eyes set on the youngest of the group which’s comforted by the two remaining members, Kei and Sujeong. She wond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter