Collision in 3, 2, 1...

Smart Is The New y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong's POV

I hated public transit.

I hated the way forty or more people are crammed into a space as big as a living room.

I had never been particularly fond of being squished in a vehicle with strangers, I would always avoid them. Indeed, usually my roommate, Seunghyun, would take me at my work with his car as I didn’t have any driver license. It was easier this way for me as I wasn’t wasting with common people.

But this day was even worse as this stupid Seungyun had a date with his new girlfriend, Dom. Wait, no it’s Bom. So, having no other choice, as I left the campus I walked to the nearest subway station, I went down the stairs. The station was barely lit because the effects of the flickering lights. It looked like it came out from a horror film.

I paid for my pass and went through the metal gates.

 

Hopefully, I didn’t have to wait long as I heard a train squealing as it stopped right in front of me, and its automatic doors are hissing their welcome at me. "Come in," they seemed to be saying, "there's a nice sticky seat just for you."

A few seats away from me, I saw a woman sitting alone, her long legs crossed. She was reading a book and from what I can tell, she was really into it. She was wearing a black skirt and a white shirt. Must be a working girl. She had red lipstick on her lips and short blond hair caressing her shoulders. And she had a molt next her lips.

I wasn’t used to compliment girls as with my work I didn’t have time to care about what people call love and relationship. But, I still could tell that everything about this woman was… Pleasant. 

I sat down a few seats away from her on the other side of the train. I turned my iPod on and leaned my head back. But every once in a while I would open my eyes and look at the woman across from me.

She still hadn't realized that I was staring at her all the while. I was thankful for that or it would've been embarrassing for being caught ogling at her.

And that was when the lights went out in Seoul, for me anyway.

 

Lee Chaerin's POV:

 

“Smart is the new y”, really?

this job.

the boss.

Kim Park.

Smart Guys.

Since when nerds were y, huh?

And I had to write an article about it? How could I? All the guys I knew were celebrities, famous singers, actors or even athletes. They weren’t known to be smart but to be handsome!

 In every stories, the prince charming is not the nerd but the beautiful blond guy! Fifty Shade of Grey would if Christian was a geek!

I closed my eyes. I needed to cool off in the arms of a real male tonight.

Then I opened my eyes. But it was like I hadn’t opened them at all. That is, it was still as dark as before. What was this again? Kim Park’s ultimate joke of the day?

Then I heard it: shaky, stuttered breathing getting caught in the throat. The clear sign of someone panicking. A light, ghostly and too bright appeared, lighting up a pale face. A voice echoed through the darkness, “Who is it? W-who’s there?”

I narrowed my eyes to look more clearly to the person who was stuck just like me in the wagon. Weirdly I hadn’t realized there was someone else there before.

“Alright, it’s alright. Don’t worry!” I heard myself saying. I wasn’t sure about it.

The guy exasperatedly waved his hands, his breath came in little annoyed huffs, “M’not… Worrying! Just… Panicking!”

“Aren’t they the same thing?” I asked frowning

“Completely different!” the guy shouted as his chest was expanding rapidly

I felt kinda helpless. What to do? I was stuck in the subway with a guy completely panicking. Great night again.

“It’s ok, must be a simple blackout.” I sighed

The guy raised a skeptical eyebrow.

“Could you uh, maybe turn the light back on so I can move over t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter