Girls bite back

Smart Is The New y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Chaerin 's POV:

 

February 5th 2015

"Hello, Cosmopolitan.com, can I help you?"

A whirr of frantic tones, telephone rings and a faint buzz of a photocopier. It was all happening in the office that day. The reason? Paris fashion week was to commence in two weeks. Whether you were a janitor or editor in chief, you knew Paris fashion week was approaching. This week was primordial for Seoul Cosmo as we had to keep our readers informed on what could only be described as the most important event in fashion. Responsibilities were assigned to every single person working underneath the ceiling, and if said person failed to deliver, they could kiss their career goodbye prematurely.

But it wouldn’t happen to me because I was one of the most experiment fashion journalist of the Cosmo. I was 19 when I get the job. I’m 25 now. And for this fashion week I was expecting the boss to choose me to cover the event. Goodbye Seoul, Hello Paris, the bright city!!

 "Yes, yes, we'll make sure it's sent... okay, thank you, bye," I groaned and threw my forehead onto my fists.

"Cheer up, could be worse," Bom chuckled, reaching over my desk to grab a mug to pour her black coffee into.

"Could it? Could it really?" my eye line stayed lifted, staring up at my friend

"Well, someone's had a bad day," Xin approached us smiling

I groaned again, pushing myself away from the phone on my wheelie chair, "A bad day I could handle, but a bad day with a headache just makes me want to… Run away from this place!" as I rubbed my temples, the pain subsided a little but not enough for an announcement.

A small packet of aspirin then landed over the files on my desk as if Xin was some fairy godmother who entered every room with a solution to the problem.

"They might help" he smiled brightly, going over to sit at his desk, “I heard that the Boss is going to choose the person who’s going to follow him to Paris today. I know it’s going to be you Chaerin! You’re the best.”

Bom just laughed into her coffee and shook her head at Xin.

"Thanks, I appreciate it," was all I said through my partly closed lips.

"Take it with a drink" with a tender pat on my hair, Xin bounced off towards the photocopy room. Bom looked understandably bemused as she set down the mug and eyed me curiously.

 “So, tell me. How was it last night?” she winked at me

“I don’t know what you are talking about…” I sighed

“Come one, I know you better that you mother Lee Chaerin. For you, headhaches equals hangovers which equals a satisfying nightstand… Moreover I saw you walking this morning, you weren't really stable girl!” she grinned

How could this girl read me like an open book?!

"Aish, yeah it was good. But I should really stop vodka" I admitted leaning back in my chair as I giggled

“Blond?” Bom asked

“Yes.”

“Blue eyes?”

“Yes sir.”

“Well equipped?”

“Oh yes!”

"What was his name?” Bom sipped her coffee

“Hum…” my smile suddenly turned into a scowl, “Min…Hyunk…” I was rubbing my temples with my fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter