Part 4

From brotherly bond to swimming trunks

 

“Let’s go!”

Jaehwan ran ahead, all the way down to the beautiful sea. He was jumping around like a little kid, jumping and laughing, and once, when he fell down, Face in the corny and not very soft sand, he immediately jumped up and looked back to Sanghyuk with fake-tears in his eyes.

“Hyukkie! I am hurt!”

But said younger didn’t react, actually, he just pulled the older up by his hood and dragged him all the way to where they usually stay, when going to the beach. It wasn’t really crowded today, because the weather wasn’t the best, as it was cloudy. Sanghyuk sat down next to Jaehwan on one of the rocks near the water and was casually letting his legs hang into the water.

Jaehwan was humming to a song, he had never heard before and when he was done singing and Sanghyuk asks what song it was, because it sounded really good, Jaehwan laughs and says that he just simply thought of the melody while making breakfast that morning and the melody was still stuck in his head by now.

Sanghyuk didn’t believe his brother, though.

He couldn’t believe that Jaehwan was this creative.

(Not that he wanted to say that his brother is dumb…. wait, maybe he does...)

They sat there in peace, when it suddenly started raining. Sanghyuk carefully helped his brother up and the two ran back to Hakyeon and Taekwoon, back under the umbrella. Hakyeon was whining around, that this was a bad day and that they better should go back to the hotel now, because better being safe than getting all wet. To which Jaehwan kept insisting, that a small water drop wouldn’t harm Hakyeon and the older only glared back.

Sanghyuk had agreed silently to Hakyeon, because he didn’t really want to walk into his hotel-room all soaked and wet. He hated that feeling, so, when Taekwoon started packing their belongings, he helped the older immediately. Jaehwan was still pouting like a kid and even went to the point, where he sat down on one of their bags, saying “I won’t leave this place”, crossing his arms in front of his chest. (He kind of looked cute, sulking like that, and reminded Sanghyuk of that one time in kindergarten, when Jaehwan fought with a girl, who was even older than him, because she wanted to play with that new and really pretty Barbie-doll)

Nobody has reacted to Jaehwan though. The opposite: Hakyeon had casually taken his stuff and mumbled “Well then, good bye Jaehwan”, before walking ahead. Jaehwan looked over to Taekwoon and Sanghyuk, pleadingly, who were in an inner conflict with themselves, thinking about either ignoring the annoying Jaehwan and following sassy Hakyeon or letting Hakyeon walk alone and stay with whinny Jaehwan.

Well, Sanghyuk had decided to let Jaehwan stay there and casually waved at Taekwoon and Jaehwan, before shuffling after the oldest. Taekwoon has stayed, though, even placed an umbrella in the middle of Jaehwan and him. Jaehwan thanked him for staying and cursed at Hakyeon (which he actually shouldn’t do, because messing with Hakyeon means war) and Sanghyuk (which he shouldn’t do as well, because… well let’s say, Sanghyuk is still at his early age and messing with him would only take Jaehwan into hospital)

Hakyeon and Sanghyuk walked in silence and when they passed only half of their way to the hotel (because carrying stuff without Taekwoon’s help takes hours), it started raining. The older of the two groaned, but he managed to pull Sanghyuk over into a nearby café.

 

They sat down next to the window and while they were waiting for their coffee, Hakyeon was silently organizing their stuff (though they were in the middle of a café and people were sending weird looks at them) and Sanghyuk had his thoughts somewhere else.

“What are you thinking about?”

Hakyeon had pulled him out of his day-dream, in which he was “coincidentally” thinking about that special guy from the beach. Sanghyuk sighed, rested his head on his right hand and mumbled “nothing special”, though he was sure, that Hakyeon knew he was lying. He tried to hide his blush, when Hakyeon only wordlessly smirked.

“So, did you call him already?”

Sanghyuk shook his head. “I wasn’t able to. Honestly, I don’t even have a phone, so, I guess I have to wait till I get home, so I can be able to call him properly” This time, it was Hakyeon, who shook his head. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and brought it up to the younger’s face. “Here, I guess, I can borrow it to you, when you want to call that guy” The older wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and chuckled, when Sanghyuk’s ears started turning red.

With trembling hands, he reached for the older male’s phone and took the sheet of paper out of his pocket. This time, he had made sure to keep it neat and when he unfolded the paper and slowly pressed the numbers in, he could feel Hakyeon’s playful look on him and how the older was probably smirking now.

At least Jaehwan isn’t here. He would probably make it more awkward for him.

 

After he took a deep breath, he pressed on the ‘call’ button and brought the older male’s phone to his ears. His legs were trembling under the table and he noticed that his hands had started to sweat as well. When the waitress came over to hand them their order, she looked at the younger slightly confused, but Hakyeon had waved it off (because Sanghyuk was way too immersed in the phone) and silently told the waitress that Sanghyuk was just calling someone pretty important and was only nervous.

The waitress went away later and only nodded, but Sanghyuk could feel her still staring at him and assumed that she probably thought of him as a freak now. He didn’t really much care though; he was mostly focused on the call.

Dumbfounded, he stared at the phone, when a woman’s voice sounded. “The person you are trying to call right now cannot be reached. Please call again later, or leave a message after the beep…”

Hakyeon raised an eyebrow. “He is not answering?” Sanghyuk nodded, slightly disappointed, but then, Hakyeon nudged him. “Wait, do you want to give up now? Continue calling him, until he answers!” Sanghyuk opened his mouth, wanted to protest (and wanted to tell the older that this was probably going to be a waste of his phone’s money), but Hakyeon had already pressed on the ‘call back’ button and explained, that when someone doesn’t answer the call, he won’t lose any money anyways (but Hakyeon didn’t told the younger that he owned a flat on his phone. He just found it kind of cute, how worried the younger was about that topic)

Sanghyuk, or rather, Hakyeon, continued to call the brunette non-stop, without any break.

 

Who, on the other side, was already wondering, which idiot was calling him. He didn’t remember telling his friends or parents to call him on his vacations, nor did he remember to have given them his new number. Well, maybe he told his mother…but otherwise…

He stared at his phone.

Wonshik had suggested going to the beach a bit later, because it had started raining, so here he was: dressed in a comfortable Hoodie and a pair of grey sweats. He had pulled the hood up and was lying across Wonshik’s bed. His phone was placed next to him. He had continued to stare at the unknown-number, when his phone started vibrating again.

It was the 17th time now. (Not that he had bothered to count it…)

In an inner conflict, if he either should answer the call or just change his number later, he suddenly remembered something:

 

Sanghyuk

 

---------------------------------------------

Sanghyuk had started to panic, when Hakyeon suddenly said: “What if he had given you another number? What if this isn’t even calling his real phone?” It was true; Actually, Hongbin could have given him another number, a number that was just randomly written. But his inner mind told him, that this indeed was Hongbin’s number, so he continued calling.

After his… 27th try, finally, someone answered.

“Well, I don’t know, who you are and how you got my number, but please stop calling me, because it is getting really annoying” The brunette’s voice was raspier, deeper and way more angry than Sanghyuk had remembered it.

On the one side, he was relieved, the brunette hadn’t lied to him and given him the right number, but on the other side, he was quite worried, because he had probably ticked the older off by calling this much. Better introducing him first;

“Uh… well, it is me who called you: Sanghyuk. I am sorry for calling so often, I just wanted you to answer it” It was kind of embarrassing; He sounded so desperate, trying to get the older on the phone, but then, he could hear Hongbin gasp.

“O-oh…. I thought, I… Oh my god, I am sorry… I thought you…” Hongbin’s stuttering was cute in Sanghyuk’s ears and he started to chuckle, to which Hongbin stopped talking. “I am sorry” The brunette quietly mumbled and Sanghyuk answered that it was ok and he apologized for calling so often.

It was quiet first and Hakyeon mouthed “Did he hang up?”, when Sanghyuk finally gathered all his courage to ask the older something. “Uh… do you – Do you want to meet up later? I mean, we could...” Sanghyuk looked around, thinking about a good suggestion and then, he saw Hakyeon having a magazine in his hands. On the magazine cover, a man with a surfboard under his arm and then it clicked in Sanghyuk’s head. “We could go surfboarding...! You, you can teach me that then!”

Sanghyuk remembered when they first met and how he had watched Hongbin surfboarding with that friend of him. Hakyeon had raised an eyebrow at him, mumbling “Oh, a date…?” The younger blushed at the thought and Hakyeon laughed.

 

“Wait, but…” 

 

Hongbin’s voice brought him back to reality and Sanghyuk held the phone closer to his ears. “Y-yes…?” He asks, a bit worried; He hated that word, ‘but’. He hated it so much, because it remembered him of that one time, when his mother told him, that she was able to wash his teddy bear, called Lio, successfully, BUT it has lost his right arm.

“How did you know I can surf? Have you… Could it be that you have watched me surfing that one day?

Sanghyuk shrieked, not loud, but very quiet. Hakyeon had watched how the younger’s expression changed in only a minute and he started laughing, when watching how Sanghyuk’s face grew redder and redder. The young student had waved off when Hakyeon mouthed “Did he ask something? Did he confess to you?” and only told the older to quiet down a bit.

Sanghyuk was stuttering around; From “Well, I…” to “A-actually I-I only...” and after he had embarrassed himself enough already, Hongbin laughed softly, before finally answering: “Well, I guess, I have free time. In… about 30 minutes…? Next to that ice-cream-store?”

“Y-yes…! I…uh, will see you then…”

“Yeah…then, see you in a bit”

Hongbin hung up, before Sanghyuk was able to respond something. The young male breathed in and out and tried to focus on what had happened in those... 10 minutes he had spent talking to the brunette. He looked up to Hakyeon, who was grinning, sipping on his ice-coffee. “…And? How did it go?”

Sanghyuk didn’t answer; just took small sips of his drink, and after finishing it, he stood up. “Hyung, I have to go now and won’t be back till evening, ok? Don’t worry!” and without waiting for a proper answer of the older, the youngest stormed out of the café, letting Hakyeon sit there quite dumbfounded.

 

“Those kids these days…”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanghyuk had spent those 30 minutes dressing him up again and styling his hair. He had showered and even took one of Jaehwan’s hair-products to make his hair look good. He changed into a white-striped shirt and dark swimming trunks. He didn’t want to look too much styled up, so this was enough.

Finally jumping into Jaehwan’s slippers, he took a look at his watch. He had about 10 minutes left.

Quickly, he walked out, not forgetting to lock the door of course, and sprinted downstairs. Wanting to arrive a bit earlier, he rushed out and took the short leap to the beach. It was a bit more crowded than at the morning before and Sanghyuk (who had to deal with the map first, because he had no idea, where the ice-cream-store was located at) had to walk through several families, before he stood in front of the ice-cream store. In front of Hongbin.

 

But then, he saw something.

 

That friend was there, too.

His hands curled into fists, when he watched, how that friend of Hongbin nudged the brunette and held his ice-cream in front of his face. Dark Chocolate and Vanilla; Usually, Sanghyuk loved that flavor, but from today on, he was sure, he won’t order that flavors anymore.

Before Hongbin was able to bend forward and taste it, Sanghyuk had rushed over to them already.

“H-Hey”, he said and Hongbin turned around to him, flashing his familiar smile. “Oh, Sanghyuk!” Hongbin motioned his friend to come over. The brunette put an arm around the blue-haired male’s shoulder and pulled him right in front of Sanghyuk. “This is Wonshik, my best-friend. He wanted to come along, too~” Hongbin was smiling widely, not noticing the silent glaring-battle between the two males in front of him.

 

Oh my, this was going to be so much fun.

 

They walked near the water and Hongbin pointed at the towels and bags next to two surfboards and told Sanghyuk that this was where they were staying. The brunette told Sanghyuk to put his bag next to his and Sanghyuk immediately did so. He avoided, placing his bag next to Wonshik’s and put it exactly next to Hongbin’s.

First, they all sat down and Hongbin helped Sanghyuk putting his towel out. They sat in silence and the older later handed Sanghyuk his sun-crème, because the younger had forgotten his in Jaehwan’s bag. “Should I help you?” The brunette was struggling in applying crème on his back, so Sanghyuk took this as a chance and asked. He could see Wonshik glaring and then, the blue-haired male pulled Hongbin over to him. “Let me help you” Wonshik said, totally ignoring, that Sanghyuk had asked first.

The youngest stared at Wonshik in disgust. The blue-haired male had his hand on the brunette’s back and carefully spread the crème. He stared up to Sanghyuk and smirked slyly, to which the younger got red in anger.

 

Later, after they had laid there for 15 minutes, Hongbin suggested they should go into the water now and the brunette, and that Wonshik-guy, took their surfboards (Sanghyuk had to borrow it from both of them later) and walked to the water. Before they entered it, the two males took off their shirts; revealing their bare torsos. Sanghyuk had to admit, Wonshik was quite muscular, but surely not as Hongbin. He himself was still standing there, watching how the two males slowly entered the water.

“Aren’t you coming along?” Hongbin turned around and reached a hand to Sanghyuk, who still stood there, his two arms covering his shirt. He was way too embarrassed to show himself in front of someone like Hongbin and the fact, that Wonshik was here as well, made it only worse.

Hongbin had tilted his head to the right side and then walked over to Sanghyuk. He rested his one hand on Sanghyuk’s shoulder and the younger could feel his shirt soaking wet at that spot, where the brunette’s hand was lying.

“What’s wrong?” The older asked, his voice all soft and calm, as he tried not to scare Sanghyuk in any ways. Maybe the younger was afraid of something, he didn’t know, so he made sure not to talk too loud.

The younger shifted around, embarrassed, and then looked up to meet their eyes. Hongbin’s look was full of worry and Sanghyuk kind of felt sorry, for troubling the older so much. He put his arms away from his shirt and then mumbled quietly, so quiet, that only Hongbin could hear it: “I…I am quite embarrassed about my body”

He could hear Hongbin chuckling and then the brunette leaned closer to his ear and mumbled: “I have already seen it when we first met, though” the way he had talked was different and Sanghyuk couldn’t help, but repeat those words in his mind over and over again. Hongbin had backed off a bit again and smirked at him mischievously.

“Now? Do you want to learn surfing or not?”

Sanghyuk nodded eagerly and stripped his shirt off, throwing it over to his bag. When he turned around to Hongbin, the older had taken his hand and pulled him into the water. Hongbin was chuckling, when Sanghyuk’s ears turned red and he pulled the younger a bit closer and smiled at him. “Wasn’t that difficult, hmm?”

The younger only blushed back in response and suddenly, he could feel that glare on his back. He didn’t have to turn around, because he knew it was Wonshik who was staring at him so angrily. Confidence and selfishness ran through Sanghyuk’s head and he was smirking uncontrollable at the thought. Finally, he was able to work his revenge out. But when Sanghyuk turned around, because he wanted to ask Hongbin something, he suddenly felt something heavy bumping against his head and he fell back.

It was Wonshik’s surfboard and the said male had taken hold of the brunette’s muscular arm by now, dragging him a bit farther from Sanghyuk. Hongbin hadn’t noticed. He was just too innocent to mind that angry battle behind him.

Sanghyuk growled.

 

This means war.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[This chapter isn't proofread nor did I re-read it, so there must be lots of mistakes but who cares]

So, uh, when I said that I would update in september first, I didn't think of this... (btw, Thanks, Mom and Dad)

Happy Birthday to myself, I guess...

_Byul_

 

For real now; The next update will be around september.