Part 3

From brotherly bond to swimming trunks

 

„….Do you even listen to what I am saying?“

“….Hm?” Hongbin looked up from the magazine and raised an eyebrow at his best-friend, who only sighed back in annoyance. He had been busy looking at the photos of famous photographers and hadn’t paid attention to the older. It was one thing, he couldn’t help but do all the time, but this wasn’t the only reason, why he was so absent today.

Wonshik, his best-friend, face-palmed and ran his right hand through his blue-turquoise locks. He took a quick look at his fingers, where, under his nails, traces of blue were seen. He sighed and regretted dyeing his hair once again. (But in the end, after a month, he would change the color anyway… probably to a bright red… or maybe blonde?)

The two of them were seated in the café near their hotel.

The shop was very small, yet the two of them got told by lots of residents, that the cakes and drinks were really good there. The service should be very good as well and when they arrived, both already found a liking at the peaceful and nice atmosphere in the small shop. Hongbin liked the style of the furniture; the walls were colored in pastel-colors and the seats and tables were light brown. There were lots of customers, but they weren’t so loud, as they didn’t want to disturb each other.

Flowers decorated the whole interior; from azaleas to zinnias and every table had a flower-pot on it. Hongbin smiled and sighed, while staring at the pot with sunflowers in the middle of their table. The petals were shining yellow and were still fresh; he assumed, they were put inside the pot just some hours ago.

They were pretty conspicuous: Hongbin with his good looks and pretty face, Wonshik with his bright hair and expensive clothes. People were staring, but it wasn’t the first time and the two friends were already used to the weird looks from passersby.

“You should start drinking your coffee, it’s getting cold” The older commented, as he took a full sip of his cappuccino, not forgetting to wipe his mouth after that, when a milk moustache formed over his lips. He stared at Hongbin, who hadn’t answered and only sighed softly.

“Hey”

Wonshik nudged the brunette casually, but said male didn’t response. The opposite, Hongbin continued dozing off, making the blue-haired male in front of him groan in anger.

“Hey, Lee Hongbin”

The older poked his friend’s arm lightly. Hongbin hadn’t even reacted to the light poke; instead, he just casually slapped the other’s hand away and continued looking outside the window.

It was cloudy, only merely sights of the sun were seen, and from time to time, it would rain once or twice. The worst weather, because you can’t really decide, if you should take an umbrella with you or not, if you should wear rain-fitting clothes, or sun-fitting ones. Wonshik hated that type of weather, because he, who was very fashion conscious, was very aware of every single clothing he wears.

Wonshik always wears expensive clothes, or clothes from popular brands. Since he was young, he liked it, not really knowing why and he doesn’t really want to think about, how much money he had already spent on clothes.

The older of the two took another sip, this time not as much as before, at the fear of accidentally forgetting to wipe the remains of milk later. He looked back to Hongbin, who, once again had dozed off and he waved his hand in front of the brunette’s face at the attempt to bring him back to reality.

“Lee ing Hongbin, come back to your senses…!” Wonshik hissed, when he brought his leg up and, in one go, slammed it against the younger’s knee. Hongbin immediately reacted, an unmanly shriek leaving his mouth, his hands brought down to his hurting knee. He groaned, frowned, and looked over to Wonshik “What was that for?”  He mumbled, while caressing his right knee at the spot, where Wonshik had kicked him before. The older only chuckled, mentally celebrating the return of Lee Hongbin, and took another sip of his cup.

“Shouldn’t have dozed off” He answered matter-of-factly

Hongbin shook his head and huffed annoyed (but it looked too cute in Wonshik’s eyes) and then, suddenly, he brought his hands up to Wonshik’s lightly tanned face and cupped it. The older’s face grew red at the sudden action and from the corner of his eyes, he could see people staring. His eyes went back to Hongbin, when the said brunette started leaning closer and Wonshik closes his eyes, his mind already wandering off with different thoughts, and then, out of nowhere, a loud sound was heard and his cheeks started to hurt a lot.

Hongbin had slapped him lightly with both of his hands and Wonshik had misunderstood it again, probably the 2nd time today (The first one was, when Wonshik woke up next to a half- Hongbin and when he had shrieked like a girl, pulled the covers up to hide his body, Hongbin had given him that look, mumbling “Why are you so flustered, we always sleep together” and Wonshik had spend the next minutes punching himself, scolding himself to think like that about his best-friend)

The older laughed awkwardly and scooted a bit farther away from the brunette. He fixed his bangs while doing so, as he tried to distract himself, but Hongbin eyeing him weirdly and the soft laughs of the younger were just too much to handle and Wonshik sunk in his embarrassment a bit deeper. His cheeks flushed pink and he breathed in and out, deeply, trying to get his together again.

It got quiet after a while, and Wonshik was finally able to calm down for real. He rested his head on top of his left hand and was silently watching Hongbin, who was looking through those magazines again, sipping on his black coffee while doing so. The younger looked so peaceful with his brown eyes wandering from one picture to another. His long eyelashes were moving slowly, as he analyzed each picture to the fullest.

Wonshik on the other hand, wasn’t really interested in art. He liked graffiti, but that was everything he was able to do and, unlike Hongbin, who spends weekends at art-museums, he would always sit in his music studio.

 

“So? What happened between you and that one boy yesterday?” Wonshik said and broke their peaceful silence. He could see, how the brunette stiffened up, his left hand clutching on the magazine, making the thin paper wrinkle. The younger male shifted around in his seat for quite a while before finally talking.

“Well, he has lost my number and had asked me to write it again”

“And, has he called yet?” Wonshik smirked slyly. Watching Hongbin being so flustered only happens once in a life-time and should be totally enjoyed. The younger was fiddling around with his fingers, then looked up to meet their eyes, just to look back to his half-full cup of coffee.

“No... Not yet” He answered, scratching his neck awkwardly.

“Well then…” Wonshik took the last sip of his coffee and carefully placed the, now cold cup, in front of him, on the wooden table. He sighed, before casually dropping his black leather jacket around his shoulders (It is summer for god’s sake) and looked at Hongbin and his full cup of coffee.

The younger smiled embarrassed, but quickly emptied his cup as well, before quickly standing up, putting his thin jacket on.

 

“Where are we going?”

“To the beach, your lover is probably already there”

“He isn’t my lover!”

“Ok, ok, let’s say: Your crush is probably there”

“He isn’t! ….Well, you”

“Hey, who told you to curse at me? Hongbin, the little angel can curse? That sounds new to me” Wonshik was smirking, as he watched Hongbin sulk and he couldn’t forget the way the younger’s hands were curled together to a fist. He chuckled.

“….I hate you” Hongbin finally managed to say and walked off, not daring to turn around to the male, who he once called his best-friend (Well, of course, they still were friends, but sometimes, Hongbin wants to punch Wonshik right in his idiotic face and tell him to shut up, but every time he tries to do so, his modest side comes back and he can’t help, but turn calm again)

“…That’s how I know you”

Wonshik’s laugh was contagious and Hongbin suddenly found himself laughing along, not minding the weird glances he got from other people, because Hongbin was standing almost 5 meters away from Wonshik and it looked completely ridiculous.

 

And they walked back to their hotel first, before they went to the beach, not because the two of them forgot to bring towels along, no, Hongbin has forgotten to change into his trunks before, unlike Wonshik, who was wearing them under his pants.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_Byul_

 

Thank you for reading