Part 1

From brotherly bond to swimming trunks

 

Sanghyuk groaned, as he stared at his half boiled ramen cup and then looked up to Jaehwan, who had showed him the two tickets. His brother smiled widely, looking proud as usual as he grabbed the younger’s cup, taking a handful of cold noodles in his mouth.

He nodded satisfied and placed the cup in front of his brother again, putting the chopsticks to the left.

“Well, what do you think?”

“Did Mom or Dad say something about that?”

“They agreed. You have always been in your room and mom always complains about you when we talk. I thought, you needed some fresh air, besides, you just finished your exams, right?”

The younger scoffed and shook his head rapidly. He took a sip of his orange-juice and gave his older brother a disgusted look.

“I don’t think this is a good idea”

“But, I think so. You know, we can increase our lovely brother-bond~” Jaehwan leaned over to Sanghyuk and pinched the latter’s cheeks. His voice was high-pitched and he opened his eyes wide, for the, as said: ‘puppy effect’

But Sanghyuk gave his brother a warning look, before the latter retreated his act and sat down again, pouting with his full lips. The younger of them sighed, resting his head on his hands, as he took a closer look to the tickets again.

“Jeju-do, huh?” he murmured, as he glanced at the flights’ time and date. 2 whole weeks full of an annoying Jaehwan: this won’t do.

“I thought you wanted to go to Hawaii though?” He asked and raised his left eyebrow, smirking mischievously and looked up to Jaehwan, who was looking at him, then to the tickets, his face just as unreadable as always. Sometimes, Sanghyuk wonders, what his older brother is thinking about, because sometimes, Jaehwan has a concerned look on him and sometimes he just spaces out. At the end he had thought about what to cook for dinner anyways.

“Yeah, Hawaii is… like, really good! …but” Jaehwan scooted closer, his hand on his mouth as he whispered quietly “but hyung hasn’t got that much money”, as if someone was listening to them. They were alone at home, since their parents were both working. Sanghyuk never understands his brother.

“Hyung, you know we are alone here, right?”

Jaehwan faked a weird high-pitched laugh, which reminded Sanghyuk of that old woman from next door, not a compliment though, and shivered.

“Hyuk, have you never imagined, that there are cameras everywhere and in order to keep a good image, you say something like ‘I can go everywhere’, but actually, you don’t even own a single penny?” Sanghyuk rolled his eyes and face-palmed. What is wrong with this hyung…?

“No, hyung, I think, I have never”

“Well, I did and I still do, so don’t interrupt my celebrity being.” The older of them fixed his bangs and looked at the ‘camera’ which was actually a flower pot (whose flower already dried, because Jaehwan insisted on “Let’s only pour water on it, when it looks like is needs some” and being the pro he is, he hadn’t pour water on it for weeks)

“Hyung, can we come back to your topic again?” Sanghyuk waved his hands in front of his brother’s face, in order to bring the latter out of his weird thoughts again and pointed at the tickets, rolling his eyes.

Jaehwan’s eyes lit up again and he jumped up, making Sanghyuk flinch at the sudden move, and he pressed his fingers against the date on the cards.

“Next week, I am going to come here around 8 AM and we are going to drive to the airport. So, pack your stuff early and not one hour before we go, ok?” The older send his brother a warned look and placed his hands on his waist. Jaehwan was living in his university’s dorm; therefore he wasn’t able to be with Sanghyuk till the weekend.

“Ok... but hyung, you are probably just after some hot boys, right? Or is Taekwoon-hyung here?” Sanghyuk raised his eyebrow and smirked, when Jaehwan’s cheeks flushed to a light shade of pink. Taekwoon was Jaehwan’s crush. They have met each other at a singing competition some years ago and for Jaehwan it was love at first sight. Taekwoon knows Jaehwan, because they turned out to be in some classes together, but they don’t talk a lot and Jaehwan is shy out of weird reasons, which he usually never is.

Heck, Jaehwan probably doesn’t even know what shame is.

Jaehwan’s love for Taekwoon is big, as he even joins the same clubs as the older, without having any special interest.

But, sometimes, Jaehwan is just Jaehwan, flirty and weird, always meeting up with someone, he doesn’t know very well.

“N-No. I just thought… you know, brotherly bond”

“Yeah, Yeah”                   

 

Exactly one week later, Jaehwan came over to pick Sanghyuk up. Their vacation in Jeju-do was going to be “so amazing”, as Jaehwan kept saying. The older has been calling him almost every day asking if he had packed his things yet. In the end, Sanghyuk packed his clothes the evening before and was scolded pretty loud by Jaehwan.

“Jeju-do~ Jeju-do~ we are going to Jeju-do~!” Excited, Jaehwan was steering his wheel and sung to the radio’s songs. Sanghyuk was hiding his face in his hands, embarrassed at his older brother. Hopefully, he won’t meet any of his classmates here…

“Who is going to pick your car up later?” “Mom, I suppose” “How long will the flight take?” “Dunno, have never been there before”, Sanghyuk mentally face-palmed at the stupidity of his brother as they headed into the airport.

Jaehwan led him to the check-out and handed his tickets to the information-woman. While the older was talking with that woman, Sanghyuk had taken care of their luggage and bought two cups of coffee for later.

The flight was in 30 minutes and the both had enough time left before heading off. The brothers sat there, sipping on their coffee and chit-chatting about random-stuff, just like always.

A perfect image of those American business men passed Sanghyuk’s thoughts and he chuckled at himself at the thought, leaving Jaehwan staring at him curiously. He should at least try to act a bit more mature when being around his brother. When counting together, their mental age would be probably around 6 or 7, he guessed. 

“…And? Where is Taekwoon-hyung?” The younger knew they weren’t here for some ‘brotherly bond’. Jaehwan had never suggested something like this before, he probably only used this as an excuse to his parents to go somewhere. Sanghyuk is just a ‘decoration’, like a cherry on top of a cup-cake, and he just wanted his brother to finally tell him the truth.

Jaehwan blushed, shook his head while drinking his latte. “Who said Taekwoon is there?

“Hyung, actually, I already know, you don’t have to tell… gosh, you are so weird.”

The older pouted cutely, nudged his brother and stomped his feet just like a kid.  Sanghyuk laughed and petted his brother’s head as a sign of apology.

 

---------------------------------------------

They sat inside the airplane and Sanghyuk sighed as he watched his brother sleeping soundlessly next to him. He was someone, who couldn’t fall asleep when flying for a long time, so he would probably spend the next hour only listening to music.

He was reading some of his brother’s comic-books, trying to pass some time, when Jaehwan next to him woke up. The older yawned and whirled his arms around, hitting Sanghyuk a few times, who only sighed annoyed and tried to get the other’s arms away.

“Hyung, why are we going to Jeju-do anyways?”

“Just as I said: Brotherly bond” Jaehwan flashed his familiar stupid wide smile again and out of weird reasons even made a peace sign with his left hand. People stared at them weirdly and Sanghyuk thought, he just heard a “What is wrong with this kid?” from behind. The younger mentally face-palmed; one day, he is going to kill his brother for always embarrassing him.

“So, the last reason we are here, is because you want to spend time with me..?” The younger asked with a slightly annoyed, yet amused look.

“Well…” “And now you even hesitate. I want to go home.” “N-No! Hyukkie, please! But Taek-“ “So, Taekwoon-hyung is there? Why did you lie?” “Hyukkie let me explain first!” “Ok, go on”

“Well, actually, these tickets are a gift from Taekwoon. He and some friends of him wanted to go there for some vacation and relaxing time and apparently they had 4 tickets, since  4 people of their club are free in this week, but 2 of them couldn’t come and since I am a member of that club as well, I…” “You..?” “I told them, you really wanted to go on vacation, since you never went to one and you know, Taekwoon likes younger kids and-““Wait, he knows, I am a high-school-student, right?”

“Yeah, but he likes you. I have told them about you a lot.” “Thanks” “No prob-“ “That was sarcasm” “Oh.”  “Well, anyways, and then…?”

“When I told them that, Hakyeon-hyung immediately handed me the tickets and since then, we didn’t talk. He also told me, that they will go there a day before we go”

Sanghyuk nodded and sat back into his seat again. He closed his eyes and tried to take a nap. There were still 30 minutes left, so maybe he would be able to sleep a bit…

 

“HYUKKIE!”

Sanghyuk groaned, took the nearest object, which turned out to be his notebook, and tossed it at the loud annoying voice, which belonged to his one and only brother, Jaehwan. Said boy shrieked, when the younger raised his notebook and tried to pull it out of the other’s hands.

“Hyuk, we have arrived! PUT THAT THING DOWN!”

The younger opened his eyes. He stared at Jaehwan and without any words; he took his bag, stuffed his notebook in it, and stood up. He wasn’t a person, who would wake up with a smile on his face, but he would obey to anyone, who wakes him up.

In better words: He was easily woken up, though he hated it.

Jaehwan didn’t bother his brother then. He knew, Sanghyuk could be scarier than everyone else when waking up (the last time he bothered him, he ended in hospital with a broken arm and a scar on his knee, don’t even ask), so he just simply hummed quietly, while walking beside the younger.

They went out, into Jeju-do’s airport, and picked up their luggage. Sanghyuk took both suit-cases without saying anything, a habit of him, as he knew, his brother wasn’t the strongest. Jaehwan appreciated that and wordlessly took Sanghyuk’s backpack in order to help him a bit.

This was one of the times, where the two of them could prove, that they were real brothers. They could understand each other and knew about each other without a word and –

“Sanghyuk, what the did you pack in your backpack?!” Jaehwan’s high-pitched voice drilled through the whole airport-hall and Sanghyuk bowed at the elder people, who flinched in shock at the cursing Jaehwan. He turned around to his brother and smacked him with his fist, just lightly though.

But Jaehwan was making a big deal of it (as always) and this is why the two of them ended coming two hours later to their hotel, where Hakyeon and Taekwoon were already waiting for them.

--------------------------------------------

 

Sanghyuk was immediately pulled into an embrace, which he thought would be Hakyeon’s, since Jaehwan told him, Hakyeon is pretty affectionate, but he was wrong; it was Taekwoon.

Taekwoon, who was actually known for hating skin-ship and other affectionate stuff (as Jaehwan told him), was hugging him … but not that Sanghyuk had hated it. He actually had to remind himself, that this wasn’t his father’s arms that were wrapped around him and he pulled back, a bit flustered, as he had just pressed his face against the strong chest in front of him just some seconds ago. It was weird, since the male in front of him was actually a bit smaller, but Sanghyuk had really just thought, it was his father who was standing in front of him.

He ignored Jaehwan’s (kind of jealous) glance and bowed at the now smiling older.

“Well, that was unexpected” Hakyeon’s voice broke the awkward silence and his soft laugh wasn’t making it any better. Sanghyuk had bowed at the oldest male as well and introduced himself firmly. He noticed Taekwoon’s soft glance and shivered at the same time, as Jaehwan scoffed quietly.

“Everything is arranged. Gotta remember you two, that this is a fun trip, so just go, where you like to go and have fun. One thing to remind: 1. Sanghyuk, you aren’t allowed to go somewhere, without telling us and 2. If there is anything planned already, you shouldn’t think of going somewhere else” Hakyeon had announced in his now livelier voice and Sanghyuk sighed, but accepted the ‘rules’, since he was still a minor after all.

Jaehwan’s and his room had the number 0621, Hakyeon’s and Taekwoon’s 0620.

The two brothers didn’t stay long. They threw their stuff into the wardrobes and changed their formal clothes to simple swimming shorts and t-shirts, ready to go to the beach. Jaehwan took a bag with him, filled  with towels, suntan cream and bottles of water.

 

The two of them rushed down, since their hotel was located in front of the beach and the first thing they did, was inflating a swimming ring, because Jaehwan couldn’t swim.

The two boys took off their shirts, Jaehwan revealing nothing but a flat belly, Sanghyuk on the other hand, a pack of abs he had worked on for months. Jaehwan had laughed in embarrassment and Sanghyuk turned red, when he heard whistles from somewhere else.

But the awkward silence was cut off, when Jaehwan suddenly dashed towards the clear water. He waited for the younger and after 5 minutes they were swimming around playfully, Sanghyuk always looking after his older brother, in case, something would happen.

Sanghyuk had learned swimming in order to protect his brother. When Jaehwan had refused to go to the swimming classes, Sanghyuk had told the older, there was no need, since he would learn for both of them.

After an hour of floating around and relaxing, the two went back to their stuff and lied down on their towels. Jaehwan was singing quietly to Busker Busker’s Cherry Blossom Ending and Sanghyuk had closed his eyes, just simply enjoying this simple peace, when Jaehwan suddenly jumped up, sand landing all over Sanghyuk’s body.

“…Hyung! What the-“ “SHHHH!!” Jaehwan put a hand on Sanghyuk’s mouth and pulled him back down. When Sanghyuk send his brother an annoyed glance, Jaehwan pulled his hand away and whispered excited:

“Hottie spotted!”

Sanghyuk followed his brother’s finger that pointed to the water.

And heck, Sanghyuk could never think, that Jaehwan said something true for the first time.

The older was totally right.

He had never seen such a beautiful male before.

Sanghyuk eyes widened, when he looked at the tall (but smaller than his) figure that was standing in front of the water.

Brown hair, bangs falling down to his brown, big doe-like eyes, a sharp, but small nose and red, plump lips. His face was pretty much perfectly shaped and his cute small round ears made Sanghyuk widen his eyes even a bit more.

A total Adonis, as Sanghyuk described him. 

The male was wearing a white shirt and a simple pair of shorts, just like Jaehwan and him, but yet, he was shining in the big crowd.

Seems like not only the two brothers have spotted the Adonis-like man, most people were looking at him with big eyes, as he was very, very pretty.

Sanghyuk could swear, he was drooling, when the male pulled his shirt over his shoulders casually and the young student has never felt so embarrassed about his body before, when he saw those perfectly shaped abs. He wondered, how that male was able to have such a young face, yet such a matured body.

Jaehwan snapped him back to reality with a light neck chop and the younger groaned.

“..Hyung! What was that for?”

“You like him?”

“…” Jaehwan had done it again. He had taken Sanghyuk from his reserve and again, and Sanghyuk was just sitting there, speechless, as he couldn’t find his words. He hated it, being speechless. Maybe he was just too proud, maybe he was just too confident in everything he did. Sanghyuk hated Jaehwan for being so forward; he hated the older for being so stupid with his words. Jaehwan never thinks about what he says, maybe one of the reasons, Sanghyuk is happy that the older wasn’t living with them anymore. It would be hell for him, having to deal with someone as weird as his older brother.

“So you do?”

“Oh, just s-shut up!” Sanghyuk had hid his face in his towel, cheeks burning red and Jaehwan was laughing his of, because he had never seen his brother so flustered and embarrassed before.

“Should I talk to him?”

Sanghyuk hadn’t even responded and Jaehwan just pulled him up, walking over to the good-looking male.

“Hey, you” Jaehwan poked the brunette’s muscular arm and the said male turned around with a smile. Sanghyuk could feel his legs getting weak, as those two cute dimples popped up from both cheeks.

“Yes? May I help you?”

Without an answer, Sanghyuk was pushed forward and Jaehwan simply said, as if nothing was wrong with it “Well, my little brother has shown some interest in you” Sanghyuk swore, if it wasn’t for that pretty male in front of him, he would have killed Jaehwan in any ways, ignoring the very fact, that it was totally illegal to do so.

The male in front of him laughed. Sanghyuk grew smaller and his cheeks hotter and then, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Is this him?” He could hear the male ask his brother and the laugh that came from the older confirmed the question, without even an answer.

“Well, may I ask you what your name is?” For the first time, Sanghyuk looked up and immediately regretted it. Those eyes were literally shining and he let out a small “S-Sanghyuk” before looking down to the ground again.

Counting the sand was more difficult than he thought it would be.

“Sanghyuk then… uh, well, I don’t know how to respond to his, since they are just simple words from your brother…? So... should I interpret this as a kind of confession?” Sanghyuk was feeling dizzy. The brunette’s hand was still on his shoulder and he could feel that itchy feeling on the spot, where the brunette male was touching him.

He looked over to Jaehwan, who was gone for weird reasons and he began sweating furiously. He had never confessed in his whole life before, heck, he never thought it would be so difficult and he regretted all the times, he had told a girl to get off without finishing her words, as he wasn’t even interested in them.

The younger male gulped nervously and he could feel like he was about to faint.

Seems like the male in front of him noticed that, too; He poked the taller boy’s shoulder and when the said person looked up, he smiled.

“You don’t seem to be fond of the heat, right? Here” After scribbling something on a small sheet of paper, he handed it the younger.

His number

Sanghyuk had his number.

What. The. .

Sanghyuk had cleared this ing Adonis’ number.

What is going on here?

 

-------------------------------

Jaehwan laughed, when Sanghyuk returned to their place; face pale, ears burning red.

“How did it go?”

Sanghyuk handed his brother the small sheet of paper with his trembling hands and the older just laughed. “You got his number!?” He shouted earning some weird glanced from passerby people.

Sanghyuk nodded quietly.

“Wow”

The younger smacked him, frowning and then sat down next to him.

They sat in silence and then Jaehwan mumbled: “What are you going to do now? Neither you, nor I, own a phone. I have had too many and destroyed every each of them and you always said, you don’t want one.” Sanghyuk shrugged.

“…Hakyeon-hyung?” He asked, but Jaehwan shook his head. “His phone is his best friend. I have tried it once; he had ignored me for a whole month.”

“…Taekwoon-hyung?” “…I don’t even know if he has one”

“…Hyung?” “…Hm?” “What should I do now?” “I don’t know, Hyukkie, I have no idea”

“I ed up.”

“Yep”

----------------------

Blue. The swimming trunks of the handsome male were blue. Sanghyuk had watched him the whole time, the piece of paper never leaving his long fingers. While Jaehwan was busy with his ‘beloved’ Taekwoon, who arrived just some minutes ago, Sanghyuk had been sitting on his towel and watched the male.

The brunette was standing next to another male, Sanghyuk assumed it was his friend, a surfboard under his arm and Sanghyuk gulped, to keep himself from drooling.

When the handsome male went into the water, Sanghyuk looked after him. He hadn’t moved, nor reacted to Jaehwan’s powerful pinches on his arm, when Taekwoon began his sentence with ‘I hope, you won’t be shocked or disappointed in me when I say this, but...’ and just had his eyes fixed on the male.

Though, the brunette wasn’t standing out much with his dark swimming-trunks, Sanghyuk was able to spot him every single time.

He was sporty, very sporty and the young student was already drooling from the view in front of him.

Jaehwan had to pass him some tissues, when the Adonis-like-male had went back to his towels, hair and body all wet and drips of water running down his face and chest. Taekwoon just chuckled lightly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So, you two are dating each other now?” “Yeah... kind of” Jaehwan blushed as he looked down to their intertwined hands “He confessed… and you confessed, too, so you two must be dating, right?”

Sanghyuk could feel a small pain in his chest. The thought that this was probably the last time the two brothers are going to spend time together, alone, made him sad and kind of angry. It was his only brother after all and as much as he hated his brother from time to time, he knew, that his brother was, along with his parents, his most precious person after all. Jaehwan wad dorky and funny and Sanghyuk could never imagine a world without his older brother.

They were on their way home. Sanghyuk was walking a bit further from the ‘couple’, as he didn’t want to disturb them, but Jaehwan has sensed his brother’s awkwardness immediately, pulling him closer to him and Taekwoon didn’t mind. He liked Sanghyuk, too, after all.

“And you? What has happened to that brunette? Did you see him again?” Sanghyuk shook his head. “No…” “You should hurry up, before something happens” Sanghyuk nodded shyly. The piece of paper was in his shorts and he had already thought about calling him later.

 

------------------------------------------

Jaehwan went over to Taekwoon’s room. The two of them wanted to talk and Hakyeon and Sanghyuk didn’t want to bother them, so they stayed in Sanghyuk’s room.

“Hyung... can I maybe… borrow your phone?”

Hakyeon looked up from one of Jaehwan’s comic books. “My phone…? Why?”

“I have someone... I want to call”

“Oh, then…” Hakyeon pulled his phone out of his pants and handed it Sanghyuk. The younger was slightly dumbfounded. Jaehwan had told him, the older hated borrowing his phone, so he had thought of several reasons to be able to borrow it. But before Hakyeon put it in his hands, he raised an eyebrow and smirked. “…Your girlfriend?”

“N-No...” Sanghyuk took the phone in his hands and pulled the sheet of paper out of his shorts.

For a moment he froze. Then he slapped his face, making Hakyeon look at him weirdly. Sanghyuk shrieked, the paper sheet falling on the ground.

The numbers have disappeared, because he had held it in his hands the whole time, without realizing that his said hands had been sweating.

 

What to do now…?

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with this, I want to start my story "From brotherly bond to swimming trunks" 

Originally, this was a one-chaptered story, yet, due to some 'incidents', I am happy to say that this story will be chaptered. Every Chapter will be posted when a specific date passes. (Birthdates, anniversaries, etc), and hopefully I won't forget it..

The first chapters are already planned, yet I am still not sure, if this works out well and turns out, how I think it will, so don't expect that much.

I apologize for any grammar mistakes (Mostly Tense-mistakes, but I am too lazy to correct them now). 

 

A big thank you to everyone, who subscribed~

Wow, this was long. I will try to keep it shorter next time.

_Byul_

 

And also, Happy Birthday to our beautiful Leader N~