Escape

X-Experiments
Index:
 
(DH) – Daehyun speaking (Experiment # 040105)
(L) – Myungsoo speaking (Experiment # 191515)
(S) - Sungyeol speaking (Experiment # 250515)
(YA) – Yoona speaking (Experiment # 251515)
 (J) – Jessica speaking (Experiment # 190903)
(JE) – Jieun speaking (Experiment # 052114)
 
Young Jae speaking
 
(HC) - Himchan speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
At least three thousand years have passed since the battle that decided everyone's fate. Time has moved on and there have been developments in various sciences and research and in some places, the towns and villages had upgraded into vast cities filled with different kinds of technology. Other places, however, proved to be too poor and remained in their current state.
 
How did this occur?
 
Well, crystals have been found to have magical components held within them. With the loss of magical users, crystals were the only things left that could be used as a substitute. It was a historical discovery in history for all humans to be able to do something that had once been limited to a magical user! Everyone was happy and it was a joyous occasion. But… all good things are always disturbed by something bad.
 
War raged on for a hundred years, creating death and destruction in its paths. Towns and villages that were unlucky enough to be under protection would find themselves caught in the middle of a war. Places that had once been lush and bountiful with nature’s love would soon find themselves reduced to nothing but a wasteland. It was a terrible time, but… Prince Mak, son of the late King Dangun and the late Queen Yumi had managed to bring the war to an end.
 
But, was that cost worth it?
 
Underneath all of that, there was a scientist that was able to conduct his research on prisoners of war or even on townspeople that had been taken from their ruined homes. Regardless of age, gender, or whether they were ill or not, research was everything to this man. Had it not been for his father, who knows how far that research would be now.
 
Not a lot of people know what this man has been up to during the war. Some people may have heard of him but, for the most part, he tends to stay in secret to keep intruders away. After all, how was he supposed to conduct research if there were always these interruptions?
 
A resistance group, simply known as ‘The Resistance’, has been trying to recruit people to not only overthrow Prince Mak, but to also stop this scientist’s schemes. However, it hadn’t been long since the war’s end and with little people refusing to open their eyes and ears to their pleas, will the Resistance be able to put an end to all of this?
 
Or… will everything spiral downwards?
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Stabilization of all six test subjects are at optimal levels.”
 
“Loading minds into test four-two-eight-nine-seven-two.”
 
“Ten percent complete. Fifteen percent complete. All levels stable.”
 
Sharp eyes shifted constantly, watching each and every screen to make sure that everything was going according to plan. As the loading process began nearing to completion, six of the main screens quickly displayed the subjects currently in use. There were various data all around the screen, indicating whether they were healthy, their strengths, weaknesses, etc.
 
These six were probably the only ones he would ever care about. Why? It was simply because these six have been his strongest testers. No matter what tests they had been thrown into, they seemed to always manage to make it through with little to no problems. It was quite fascinating to see them best his experiments and each and every time, he always wondered how he could make these six into his own little machines.
 
“Sir. The loading process is complete. On your word.” The lead scientist nodded, signaling for the other scientist to pull the switch. At that moment, the machine that the six people were currently hooked up to began to light up, starting the test that had been set up.
 
Within the program itself, copies of their bodies materialized before their minds were attached to them. One of the men groaned, stretching a bit as he attempted to get the aches out of his system. “You know, I’m never going to get used to this. It’s really weird.” (L)
 
“Not like we can do anything about it…” (J) He scoffed before folding his arms, waiting for the scenery to load in. One of the men, currently wearing a winter half facemask, looked around for a moment before holding his hands out to the side. Claws began to materialize over his hands as he looked over at the others.
 
“You should get your weapons out. Remember last time?” (DH)
 
“Yeah yeah. Surprise attacks.” (L) He held his hands out before a glaive appeared in his hands. Gripping onto the weapon tightly, he let out another scoff before he began walking. “Why don’t they ever load the area first before putting us in? It’s annoying having to wait.” (L)
 
“It’s also annoying to hear you complain all the time.” (J) He instantly glared at the woman, whom merely flipped her hair a bit before shifting her weight onto her other leg. The man with the mask sighed as he shook his head, wishing that they would get along a little better with one another.
 
“Look. Let’s just get this over with.” (L) The man cupped his hands around his mouth as he spoke as loud as possible. HEY! I KNOW YOU HAVE THE THING LOADED! JUST GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY!” (L)
 
Request granted. Commence combat.
 
In that instant, the scenery instantly materialized before the ground began shaking. A few of them fell over as the others fought to keep themselves firmly planted on their feet. The one with the mask looked up to see a nearby mountain though judging by the smoke that it was emanating, it was clear that it wasn’t just any mountain. “The shaking’s caused by that.” (DH)
 
“How are we supposed to stop that?!” (YA)
 
“There might be a monster we have to beat in there. There usually is… right?” (JE) As the shaking died down a bit, everyone got to their feet before they began running towards the mountain. Without any information that could show them the right way or tell them the right answer, it was the only thing that the group could come up with to solve the problem.
 
As they neared the mountain, the group came to a complete stop as a large robot made of both metal and stone landed in front of them. They each took a step back, but held their weapons up in preparation. The man with the mask stared at the robot for a moment before realization kicked in. “We fought this before!” (DH)
 
“Really? Tch… Then this should be easy.” (L) In that instant, the robot began glowing before weaponry of all kinds sprouted from behind its back. Each one of them stared at the robot for a brief moment before he looked back at everyone else. “I could be wrong…” (L)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Levels remain stable. Experiment one nine one five one five has engaged in combat.” The lead scientist looked up at the screen as it switched to where his experiments currently were. He had upgraded this robot with quite a number of new toys, but he was quite certain that they would be able to handle this little machine as well. After all, this machine wasn’t exactly as efficient as his previous design. Well, this was all based on numbers. This was the perfect time to test if his theory was correct, which it usually was.
 
“Continue monitoring their levels. Don’t let them perish just yet. I still have… many uses for them.” (HC) A few of the scientists there began typing, inputting codes that were meant to act as a guard for the six. The lead scientist smiled with amusement as he turned his attention back to the monitors. “We shall see how this will play out…” (HC)
 
“Experiment zero four zero one zero five, Experiment two five zero five one five, Experiment one nine zero nine zero three, Experiment two five one five one five, and Experiment zero five two one one four have all engaged in combat now. Experiment one nine one five one five is showing signs of stress, but all remaining levels are normal.” The head scientist merely nodded as he watched the six running about, trying to take down the robot he had materialized into there. It was a bit amusing to see them moving around like flies, but he did somewhat hope that they would prevail. Only somewhat.
 
“Experiment zero four zero one zero five has sustained minimal damage. His claws have managed to deflect the attack, but the environment around him could not be defended against.” The lead scientist narrowed his eyelids a bit as he stared at experiment 040105. He found it peculiar that this experiment would always stand in the line of danger just to protect those weaker than him. Experiment 040105 is the strongest and smartest experiment he has in combat and yet, he continues to keep the other experiments alive just for the sake of ‘teamwork’. What really is teamwork anyway? It’s just a mere excuse to get you killed over a weakling that couldn’t take care of him or herself. However, that’s what research is for.
 
“Keep an eye on mind patterns.” (HC)
 
“We… can’t… sir.” The lead scientist paused for a moment, any and all thoughts flown out the window from that single, hesitated, sentence. All of the other scientists were all looking away, cowering in their own little areas in an attempt to avoid the wrath that the lead scientist was about to unleash.
 
“What do you mean that you… can’t?” (HC)
 
“T-T-Their mind patterns are being blocked by an outside source. It’s, um… I-It’s been like this since the uh... beginning…” The scientist that was speaking froze in their spot as they suddenly felt breathing against their neck. The feel of someone’s hands on his arms instantly caused him to tighten up as he tried to remain as calm as humanly possible.
 
“And I was not informed of this… why?” (HC)
 
“W-Well…”
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
WARNING: There is some content that people may be uncomfortable with!
If you cannot handle blood and/or needles and/or uh... warts... then... uh... sorry ;;?
 
If you are uncomfortable with such things, then please skip down the the 'SAFE' zone!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“WELL WHAT?!” (HC) The scientist in question let out a pained yell as he suddenly felt his arms being squeezed with inhumane strength. It wasn’t enough to cause the man’s skin to break and spill the blood hidden inside, but if it wasn’t stopped soon, then he may not have the ability to use those arms anymore. “WHERE HAD ALL OF THAT DATA COME FROM THEN?! HM?!” (HC)
 
The man only let out a louder scream as he felt the lead scientist begin to pull his arms towards opposite sides. Picking up this scientist, the lead scientist threw him towards a wall before turning towards the next scientist. That person froze in their spot as they soon felt a body hovering over them. “I… want… answers… and I want them… NOW! FIND OUT WHO THE HELL IS INTERFERING WITH THE RESEARCH! UNPLUG THEM AND PUT THEM IN THEIR CELLS UNTIL THEN!” (HC)
 
“R-R-Right away, s-sir!” The woman instantly went to work to put an immediate end to the experiment. While she did that, the other scientists began working much faster than before in order to keep their boss happy. The lead scientist let out an annoyed huff before he straightened his posture and took in a deep breath. When he exhaled, he smoothed his hair back before he turned and walked over to the scientist who was currently writhing in pain on the floor. Crouching down, the lead scientist tilted his head a bit as he stared at the fear-struck eyes of the other scientist.
 
“Whose idea was it to give me false information?” (HC) The scientist stuttered, but he couldn’t come up with a coherent sentence. Closing his eyes, the lead scientist counted backwards from five before letting out a breath of air. Opening his eyes, he reached forward and slapped the man’s face before leaning in closer. “I won’t ask you again. Whose. Idea. Was it. To give. ME. False information?” (HC)
 
“I-I-It was mine, s-sir! I-I was the only one who knew!” The lead scientist narrowed his eyelids as he reached forward and ripped the man’s shirt. Reaching forward, he delicately poked at the center of the man’s chest before looking up at the scientist, fear still clear in his eyes.
 
“Information… is very important. Without precise information, you won’t get an accurate result in the experiment. Do you realize this?” (HC) The scientist quickly nodded, ignoring the pain that was throbbing all over his body and through his head. The lead scientist chuckled a little bit as he reached up and lightly patted the top of the man’s head. “Now… you do know who I am, right? You do know what I can do to people, right?” (HC)
 
The man nodded his head again. This time, however, the lead scientist stood up before dusting himself off. At first, the scientist thought that he would be off the hook. However, when that evil grin of his came onto the lead scientist’s face, hopelessness became clear on the man’s face. “Tell me. What, exactly, is my name?” (HC)
 
“I-It’s…”
 
“Hm? What was that? A little louder.” (HC)
 
“I-It’s H-Himchan, sir!” Himchan chuckled to himself as he put his hands into his lab coat’s pockets. When he pulled one of his hands out, the man’s eyes widened as he saw the needle that Himchan was now currently holding. Crouching back down, Himchan looked at the needle for a moment before looking back down at the scientist, tilting both his head and the needle here and there.
 
“Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be injected with something strong enough to completely change someone’s genetic makeup? Or maybe you were more curious about how painful a slow death by injection could be? Or… maybe you would prefer to go through something else. Hm… I won’t give you an option. You see… I already have this needle out and, well, I might as well use it. Experimentation is quite… amusing… is it not?” (HC)
 
“N-NO! W-WAIT!” Himchan held an amused grin as he carefully pushed the needle through the man’s skin and through a bit of his flesh, just enough to where it would directly inject the serum into the man’s heart. The man was shaking his head, but Himchan merely gave a few nods before proceeding with the injection. The second he had done so, the man began screaming as his body began moving around sporadically on its own. Himchan pulled the needle out, taking a single step back as he took out a handkerchief and wiped the needle. He watched with amusement as the man’s eyes rolled into the back of his head, his screaming never ceasing as large warts began appearing all over the man’s skin.
 
Thinking for a moment, Himchan pulled out a small device before tossing it over the scientist. Before it could land, however, the device quickly expanded as it encased the scientist in an almost see-through barrier of sorts. With a satisfied smile, he folded his arms as he watched the warts continue to grow and grow before finally, the warts burst as blood spilled out of it. The screaming had ceased only to be replaced by a gurgling of sorts. It took a minute or so, but the area was finally filled with nothing but the sounds of papers shuffling, keyboards typing, and footsteps. “Someone clean this up before I come back.” (HC)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
SAFE ZONE 
You have entered the safe zone :D
Everything below this point is completely safe to read. x3
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Without another word, Himchan turned before making his way out of the room. That may have been one less scientist to work on the experiments, but that also meant one less idiot that would be running these tests. He didn’t need people that were going to ruin his results and if it meant killing them off in order to get the rest of his staff to work more accurately, then he would do whatever it took to do so.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Minutes had ticked by before the group of six were finally each placed back into their own separate cells. They had been taken out of the experiment without any reasons, but it’s not like they were going to complain about it or anything. They were technically safer in reality as opposed to being out there in the virtual world. Though… if they were subjected to experimentation that day, then they weren’t really safe.
 
Either way, this was a brief moment to rest up.
 
As he lay there on his bed, he tried to think of what life might be beyond these walls. He has always imagined what kind of world was out there and he wished that he could at least get a small glimpse of it. Though… he didn’t have much to go on. All he knew were these metal walls and cold machinery. How was he supposed to know what to imagine?
 
Y-You’re… You’re really there...
 
The man shot up to a sitting position before looking around. He scanned his cell, but there wasn’t anything out of the ordinary there. What was that voice just now? Was he imagining things? A sigh escaped from the man’s lips before he began to lie back down.
 
Daehyun…
 
This time, he swung his legs over the edge of his bed as he looked around once more. What was this, an experiment? He didn’t want to go through another experiment without at least knowing that he was going through it! He didn’t recognize the voice nor the name and it was bothering him that he was hearing things. “Who’s there?!” (DH)
 
Don’t worry, Daehyun. I’ll free you.
 
In that instant, the power went out, forcing the light-screen doors to instantly dissipate. He stared at the doorway for a moment, questioning whether this was a trick to get him killed or if this truly was someone trying to free him. Even if he wanted to be careful about such tricks, the idea of being free was just too much of a temptation to resist.
 
Taking his chances, he carefully made his way to the doorway before swallowing the lump in his throat. He didn’t want to die, but he knew he was going to have to risk everything in order to see if this was real or not. Taking in a deep breath, he shut his eyes tightly before slowly moving his foot forward.
 
The seconds that ticked by felt like years passing by, but when his foot came into contact with the floor once more, a gasp escaped his lips as he quickly looked down at his foot. His eyes widened, realizing that he had stepped past the doorway with little to no resistance.
 
Stepping out onto the hallway, he looked around as he saw other experiments stepping out of their cells. This really wasn’t a trick? Then… did that mean that they were truly free? But wait. That voice before... The name that they said was ‘Daehyun’. Was that… his name?
 
Run, Daehyun! Go to the supply closet! I’ll guide you.
 
“W-Wait…! Who are you?! Is that really my name?!” (DH) A chuckle could be heard, which confused Daehyun a bit. He hadn’t said anything funny… had he? Still… he at least knew that the voice in his head really was acknowledging him. Though, was that a good thing or a bad thing?
 
Yes, it’s really your name… but just go! I’ll explain everything later.
 
Daehyun nodded before he began running. There were red lights that had and alarms blaring. There was screaming and people running everywhere as each person found themselves having to fight to resist being caught and imprisoned once more. Daehyun, however, took advantage of the confusion by staying low. He wanted to help everyone escape, but he knew that it would be impossible with how many people there was that needed help. Daehyun just had to trust the voice in his head and hope that everything turned out okay.
 
Reaching the supply closet that the voice was talking about, Daehyun took hold of the handle before flinging the door open. Running into the closet, he was about to close the door behind him when a few other people came charging into the closet. With the door closed and locked behind them, the one by the door let out a relieved sigh before turning to see the pile of people that had fallen over from their little charge. “Woah. We’re all here?” (L)
 
A few groans were escaping from everyone as they each attempted to get back up to their feet. When they were all up, they each looked at one another out of surprise. Before they could do anything to try and figure out what was happening, the sound of a box falling over quickly caused all of them to turn in its direction. An employee was stepping out from behind the stacked boxes, but upon seeing the battle-ready group, the employee quickly raised their hands up in an attempt to show that he was friendly. “Woah woah woah there! Calm down! I’m a friend!”
 
“How do we know that this isn’t just a trap?” (L)
 
“I’ll take you to a secret tunnel that’ll take you out of here.” They were a little skeptical, but the group of six seemed to loosen up a bit. The employee let out a relieved sigh as he quickly disappeared back behind the boxes. Each one of the six looked between one another before Daehyun followed after the employee. The others followed suit before stopping at the boxes, peeking out from behind.
 
“Wooooah! There really is a secret tunnel here!” (DH) They watched as Daehyun entered the tunnel with little to no hesitation before hearing a few more ‘woah’s’ from inside. Once more, they looked at once another before they each finally entered the tunnel after him. “Woah…! What is this stuff? It’s not like the metal inside.” (DH)
 
“It’s called stone. Now, here. Take these with you.” The employee pulled out a cube before placing it on the ground. Instantly, it opened up before all kinds of things sprouted out from it. Everyone had to take a step back to avoid getting hit by the flying objects, but they seemed to come to a stop just as they were about to collide with anything. “You’ll need these weapons to defend yourselves. There are bags with supplies you’ll need as well as a map to get you where you need to go. I can’t go with you, but I’ll be distracting the employees here.”
 
Each person recognized the weapons there as they walked up to the weapons and took hold of it. Daehyun, on the other hand, didn’t see his usual claws. All he saw was a little person staring up at him with a bag of sorts on its back. “Where’s my weapon?” (DH)
 
“That one. The one you’re staring at.” Daehyun stared at it for a moment before the little person tilted its head to the right. He jumped back in surprise, though when it took a few steps forward without attacking, he couldn’t help but feel as if the person was really his.
 
“Um…” (DH)
 
“It’s name is Bartholomew. You’ll be able to control it with your thoughts.”
 
“Oh.” (DH) Daehyun didn’t quite understand, but he picked up the little person before looking at everyone else. The person helping them had to continue to help them by teaching them how to wear the backpack and even going as far as quickly explaining what the items in their bags do. When they had a gist of how to use everything, the person grinned as he stepped back through the hole.
 
“Alright. Bartholomew will act as your light. Make sure to turn the light off when you hear someone approaching and follow your maps! They will guide you. Anyway, good luck. Young Jae’ll keep an eye on you all.” Before any of them could ask who Young Jae was, the hole was covered up once more, leaving everyone in the dark. If it hadn’t been for Bartholomew, whose eyes had automatically started glowing; they wouldn’t really be able to even see what was two inches in front of their eyes.
 
“Um… I don’t understand. Why are they trying to free just us?” (YA) The others each looked at one another, but no one had the answer to that. They weren’t exactly given many answers, but this was probably their one shot at becoming free. After all, they’ve been experiments their entire lives, so this was something that they were definitely going to take.
 
“Let’s just get going. Maybe they’ll tell us more when we get to uh… this area on the map.” (DH) They each nodded before they began walking. Daehyun led the way since Bartholomew’s light was much stronger than the weird, floating maps that didn’t seem to have any physical touch to it. Plus, he was generally the one who would lead them through dangerous areas whenever they had to do testing. “So… um… I found out that my name is Daehyun.” (DH)
 
“Really? I was told that my name’s Myungsoo. Weird, huh?” (L)
 
“Were we all given a name…? My name’s Jessica apparently.” (J)
 
“I’m Jieun!” (JE)
 
“My name is Yoona.” (YA) Everyone seemed so happy with his or her names. It was an identity past just the numbers they were labeled as and… well, it felt good to actually have an identity. Though, Myungsoo did notice a certain someone hadn’t said what their name was yet.
 
“Hey… uh… two five zero five one five. Were you given a name too?” (L) The person in question looked at Myungsoo for a brief moment before looking downwards and nodding. Myungsoo raised a single brow, expecting him to say what his name was, but it seemed like he was just a bit hesitant for the time being. “Well? What is it?” (L)
 
“I was told that it was Sungyeol. Is that a weird name?” (S) Myungsoo smiled, though it couldn’t be clearly seen in the dark. He put an arm around Sungyeol’s shoulders before shaking his head.
 
“I don’t think it is. It’s a pretty good name.” (L) Sungyeol couldn’t help but grin as he gave a small nod. Well, as long as it wasn’t a weird name, then he was okay with the name Sungyeol. Though… he did wonder how people decided these names for them anyway.
 
“So, uh… Does anyone know how to read?” (DH)
 
“Read? For what?” (J)
 
“The uh… the words on the map. I can’t read any of it.” (DH) Jessica pulled out her device before activating the map. She stared at it for a moment, silently mouthing what she could attempt to read before walking a little faster to catch up to Daehyun. She moved the map in front of Daehyun before pointing at their current destination.
 
“We’re heading to Arten. See here? We’re in… um… I don’t know how to say this one. It says… Gee nar cave, but the g is connected to the nar part..” (J) Daehyun nodded, quite impressed that Jessica was able to read any of the words on the map. Most people that had the misfortune of getting captured by the Channite’s usually didn’t get a chance to learn how to read or write.
 
“How did you read that?” (DH)
 
“Oh, um… they were teaching me how to read and write for experimentation. Something about… seeing whether it was necessary for experiments or not.” (J) Daehyun nodded for a moment as Jessica put her map device away. He was a little jealous that he didn’t get to learn, but it was helpful that at least one person in their group can read and write.
 
“It’s dark... Does this place not have any lights?” (JE)
 
“It’s alright! We have Bar… Bartha… Uh… this guy on my shoulder!” (DH) Daehyun felt bad for not remembering the little guy’s name, but it was a rather long name and he could barely remember everyone else’s name. Jessica briefly looked at Bartholomew before noticing something written on its sleeve. Looking as close as she could, Jessica could barely make out the words written on there.
 
“Uh… I think his name is Bartholomew. It’s written on his sleeve.” (J)
 
“Ah! Really? Bartholomew… That’s a really long and weird name, but I like it!” (DH)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Okay!
So, uh…
Everyone caught by the ‘Channite’s’ are all illiterate.
They also have no knowledge of the outside world, so all they know is the laboratory.
Annnnd yes… Himchan is quite evil here.
But nothing stands in the way of research >3<
 
Comments are loved!
I love to know how I’m doing with each chapter. X3
I also like to talk with everyone >3< ]]