We Meet Again

In Between

*Kring*Kring*

“Uhmm…where’s that noisy thing?” Yesung tried to find the alarm clock on the table beside his bed. “Got you!” he turned it off and take a look at it

“What time is it? Ah…5 already?” he get out of bed and went to the bathroom.

His name is Kim Jongwoon, but  all of his friend called him Yesung, for him having such a great voice. He’s 26 y.o,  he’s a waiter in day time, and a café singer in the night.

After prepared himself, he grab his bag and ride his bycicle to the restaurant.

“Good morning Jongwoon oppa, you come early today” a sweet voice greet him

“Ah, Taeyeon-ssi, good morning” he bow to Kim Taeyeon, the owner.

“Oppa, how many times I have to tell you, just drop the –ssi. I’m younger than you”

“But still, you’re my boss” he smiled at her

Taeyeon is a sweet girl who own this restaurant. She’s  24 and likes Yesung very much. They met at the café where Yesung always come to sing in the night. She was amazed with his powerfull and soulfull voice. One day she heard that Yesung need another part-time job, so she decided to take the chance and offered him a part-time on her restaurant. And he accepted it willingly.

Yesung is a good waiter. Many costumers love him.

“Excuse me!” a lady waving her hand from the table on the corner. Yesung, who nearby, approach her

“Good afternoon, miss. My name is Yesung, are you ready to order?” he said his line to her

“Yes, what’s the best food this restaurant serve?” the lady still looking at the menu, while Yesung still preparing his pen and paper.

“May I suggest….” He lost for words when he saw her face

“Fanny?” he whisper

“Yeppa?” the lady whisper back

Silence linger for a moment

 

Yesung’s POV

Is that really her? My Fanny? Sweet Tiffany? Oh gosh, I can’t believe it! When did she arrived? How’s she doing? Oh no, there’s so many thing I want to talk with her.

“How are you, Fanny?” I tried to stay cool

“I’m fine Yeppa….you working here? I thought that you sing on a café? A friend told me” she smiled to me

“Umm…yeah, day time as waiter, night time as singer” I returned her smile

“So, what’s your suggestion for my lunch?”

 

After telling and taking her order, I go to the kitchen. I just can’t believe it. She’s here! It’s been a long time….but she still remains the same.

“Jongwoon oppa! Anything wrong? You look so pale, are you alright?” Taeyeon come to me and touch my forehead

“No, I’m fine Taeyeon-ssi, thankyu” I tried my best to hide my nervousness

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, there’s still one customer that I have to serve” He take the food and delivery it straight away to Tiffany

“Thank you, oppa”

I wish that she will be waiting for me, but after finishing her food, she just left by giving me her best smile.

 

I go to the kitchen and just sitting there, remembering her look. But it seems that she didn’t remember about us anymore, or her feelings to me had gone away.

“Oppa” Taeyeon come out of nowhere and sit beside him

“That lady, the one you served today, looks so familiar; who is she? Your friend?”

I just nods

"She's so pretty"

I smiled to her words. Yes she does. The prettiest girl I've ever known.

Since I said no words to her, she just left me.

And the memories of me and Fanny comes

 

“Woonie oppa! Catch me if you can” Fanny running away from me, we’re playing on the garden. My home is next to Fanny’s, so we met everyday and always spent time together like this.

I run to her, trying to catch her, and when I succeded, I tickled her until she fell down and laughing on the ground.

Yeah, we’re best friend, since our childhood, until we’ve grown up.

Then, our friendship grew lil more when we’re on our Junior High.

That time, Tiffany already become a pretty girl. Her smiling eyes, soft white skin, long black hair and her beautiful laugh mesmerized every boy in town, including me.

One day, I realized that my feelings to her had grown too, from friendship, became love.

I can say proudly that she’s my first love, and my only love until this day.

I collected all my courage to confess my feelings to her. I still can remember it.

It was a bright day, we come to play on the garden, just like we used to do.

“Catch me if you can, oppa!” and she run away

I catch her and tickled her till we both fell. She’s falling on my top, her face was so close to mine, and then, I kissed her.

Her face was so red, and she hid her face after that. When she tried to walk away, I catch her hand, stoped her.

“Fanny, I’m sorry” I told her

She’s still back facing me

“Fanny….I…I wanna say that for all this time…I…I love you” finally I did it!

I felt her hand held my hand tighter, since I didn’t know what’s that mean, I asked her

“Would you be my girlfriend?”

And my world seems so bright when I saw her nods. Felt like there’s a rainbow at the sky.

I know that’s a fail confession, a very unromantic one, but hey! I’m just a junior high! I don’t care, all that I know was she loves me back. That’s more than enough for me.

Our sweet relationship seems like will be last forever. But I was wrong.

After our graduation from High School, Tiffany came to me, and said

“Yeppa, I’m sorry, but I have to go”

I didn’t know what she talking about

“Where?”

“My parents decided to move to USA”

Then I thought I heard a big thunder near my ears

“Don’t kidding me, Fanny. It’s not funny, you know”

“I’m sorry, oppa” her tears rolled down her pretty face

“No, Fanny, you can’t go! Don’t leave me. You promised me that we’ll be going on the same college”

“I’m sorry, oppa” she just kept on crying

“Fanny….”

“And, I think we should break up, oppa”

“WHAT? Not in a million chance I will do that, Fanny!”

“But…but…I’ll be gone in a long time…may be forever….you just can’t wait for me. You have to move on, oppa”

“No, Fanny. I said NO!” I can feel my own tears rolled down my face

“I’m sorry oppa” and she left me, alone, crying

 

That’s how we separated, and today, many years after, she's back. And this time, I won’t let her go

 

~My first part!!! How’s it? Is it good? Or bad? Comments are welcome ^^~