Chapter 2

The Farming Fool

                    Park Shin Hye turned to look out the car window at the country landscape stream past her in a blur of green. She closed her eyes as she let the sigh of frustration leave .

“How can I survive in this place?” she thought.

After all she had spent her first twenty years of life in Seoul. She was in every sense a city girl. However, her current situation was a result of her lineage, she was the illegitimate child being banished to the outskirts, where the true nobility of the blood that coursed through her veins would remain unknown and unseen. After all her father was the head of Go Global Conglomerate. A man who had slept with his housemaid and Park Shin Hye had been the result.

And yet the world still was unaware that Go Kim Jung, the foremost business man of South Korea had another child, albeit an illegitimate one. It had been exactly a year after Park Shin Hye’s birth that her father and his wife had finally conceived a child after eighteen years of marriage. It had been heralded in the news as a miracle birth for Go Kim Jung, who would finally have an heir to his fortune. The birth had also forced Shin Hye and her mother into a life of nonexistence for the most part.

For what it was worth, her father had taken care of her mother financially from the beginning, buying them an apartment in Gangnam and providing more than enough monetary support. Yet, there was always that heartbreak in Park Shin Hye’s life of not having her father in her life on a regular basis. She could with the fingers on her hand, count the times she had seen her father in person. He had come to visit his mother at their apartment every few years over the last two decades. And every time it left Shin Hye with a feeling of hope and desolation. He was a stranger and yet the father her mother claimed he was.

Park Shin Hye sighed again as she continued to watch the blur of green roll past the car window.

Her mother had done the best in trying to raise her without her father being a constant parental figure in her life. So maybe it was inevitable that Shin Hye had always, in a way, felt sorry for her mother. A woman that had lived her life on the periphery, a simple kind and caring creature who had through fate and circumstance become the hidden mistress of a wealthy business man.

So maybe it had not been a surprise that when the time had come for Park Shin Hye to finally head off to college, her mother had stated that she would be going to a university not in Seoul but instead a private University somewhere in the countryside town of Jeongsun. Park Shin Hye had begun to argue with her mother before reccognizing the anguish on her mother’s face, that look that implied that this was a decision that had been forced upon her by her father. It was that same look on her mother’s face she had seen all her life when her father was undoubtedly involved.

“The past doesn’t matter.”

That was why Park Shin Hye had obeyed her mother’s wish without any defiance. If being a bastard in life had taught her anything it, it was a thirst for vengeance.  So she had always made sure to make academics a priority in her life. She would find a way to excel in her studies and make sure she found a way to take care of her mother no matter what and at the same time find a way to make her biological father an unneeded necessity.

“Hell hath no fury like a women scorned.”  She thought with a slight smirk on her face.

Park Shin Hye promised to herself in that moment to use her father’s money to make sure she excelled in her studies.

“It doesn’t matter where you study but how well you study”

She would make it her life goal to become a greater success than her father and exact vengeance on him. There was nothing in this world that could stop her from achieving this life goal.

It was at that moment she noticed something in the country field. She saw a young man dressed in a white shirt and overalls with a straw hat. A small white dog with its tongue hanging out in the summer heat gazed at the man who raised his head towards the scorching summer sun as a sudden breeze blew the hat of his head.

It was too fitting of the place she had been exiled to. How could, Park Shin Hye the quintessential city girl, be expected to survive here in the countryside. She was determined about her future, but for now how would she survive college life in the country?

“Great… A country bumpkin and his dog. How natural.” She sighed yet again.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 short chapters that should really be one prologue chapter. Lets see how far I go on this people.I honestly dont know myself how much I will write but maybe someone will enjoy whatever I am doing here haha.