Hide

My Neighbor

“Who are you?” a man stood in front of her. The man was obviously furious from Yukyeong’s intrusion.

“Shh… they’re outside… Oh my gosh! What should I do?” Yukyeong panicked as she hears the insignificant grunts of the drunkards looking for her behind the door. 

“I said who are you?! Don’t you know you’re  trespassing and I can put you behind the bars right this instant!” the man raised his voice at Yukyeong which at the same time audible enough for the drunkards behind the door to hear. Yukyeong then helplessly curled herself on the floor. “Mister, please call the police,” she asked and the man abided.

“Hello, Officer. Someone just trespass-“ he was cut off when Yukyeong pulled his arm which was holding the phone. “What are you doing, Mister?”

“I am reporting an act of trespassing to the police officer. Why?” he bluntly replied. Wow this guy is heartless. “Report them, not me!” Yukyeong suddenly burst out which shocked the man. He was supposed to be the one to get angry at her, but why is she the one shouting now. Yukyeong then realized her grave mistake and immediately added “…please?”

“Who gave you the permission to raise your voice AT ME, INSIDE MY HOUSE?” he leaned over which made Yukyeong cornered against the wall and he slammed his hand up (*Kabedon alert omg*) 

“I-I am so sorry Mister! I didn’t mean to do that. I was out of my mind that moment. I am being chased by those guys outside. Please let me stay here for a while until they leave,” she pleaded.

“Don’t do anything stupid or else I’m reporting you too,” he reminded and took a call on the police to report the troublemakers outside.


“A’ight missy! Don’t disturb the homeowner and just come with us. Come on, we’ll have some fun all night.” One of the drunk guys started to make a fuss and violently hit the door repeatedly with something solid.

“They’re trying to break my door. This is insane,” the guy furiously messed his hair and thought of something. “I’ll try to stop them so don’t get out. The police will be coming in three minutes,” he reached the doorknob but Yukyeong blocked him. “You’re going to get yourself killed! Just stay here and wait for the police,” she said but he still went outside.

“Excuse me guys, but please lower your voice? I’m trying to sleep,” he interrupted the rants of the drunkards but they seem to get more furious than earlier. Uh oh. I need to help him, is there anything here… aha!

“Woah! Woah! I think we should sort this out peacefully,” the homeowner nervously laughed as he avoid the knife that was pointed at him. He then outsmarted the drunk guy by hitting his arm and knocking the weapon out of his hand but was interrupted when Yukyeong went outside holding a mop and aimlessly hit anyone who’s in her way while screaming “AHHHHHH!! Take this!!” The police came just in time that made the drunk guys agitated.

“Aww! Stop it! You’re hitting me too!” the homeowner winced in pain not from the blows of the drunkards but mainly from Yukyeong’s beating. She immediately stopped and apologized, “I am so sorry Mister. My eyes are closed so I don’t know who I’m hitting.”

“Sorry, my . Look at my door, there are numerous dents and my doorknob’s almost knocked out because of you,” he remarked.

 Moments later, a middle-aged woman approached the two and suddenly pulled the homeowner’s ear “What have you done this time, you brat!”

“Owww! Ahh! There are thugs in my house a while ago. Auntie let go! It hurts!!” the homeowner begged and  was finally released. Come to think of it, I haven’t even had the chance to look at the homeowner’s physical features the moment I entered his pad. Not even a glance on his face. All I know is that he’s tall. He’s got eyes as huge and lustrous as the ring from Harry Winston’s  Secret Wonder collection, a nose that can be considered as high-bridged enough with a round tip, a perfectly proportioned and plump lips, small face and a fair complexion. Almost perfect if not for his ears since it sticks out too much just like Yoda from Star Wars. He almost looks like a model… maybe he’s a model?

“And who’s this chick?” the auntie asked.

“I don’t know. She just trespassed my house earlier,” the man admitted.

“Good evening. Sorry to disturb you in the middle of the night. I am Han Yukyeong.”

“I’m Hasun but you can just call me Auntie. This guy right here is my nephew Chanyeol. Nice to meet you… wait. Have we met before?” Auntie wondered. She’s all over the news so it’s just natural to be easily recognized but she wished she wasn’t still discovered or else no one  will really accept her. “Ha… ha… I think you just mistaken me for someone else…” she tried to deny and the auntie seemed to buy it. “Well, you look like a celebrity, I think its typical of you to get mistaken as a celebrity since you’re so beautiful and you also have great skin. How I wish I’m like that too…” she praised while looking at Yukyeong. Definitely, she’ll look like a celebrity because she was born and raised from a wealthy household. Well, I was on a higher scale than a celebrity. They are more like my employees... before.

“Sorry to interrupt you but you have to come to the police station for interrogation and for filing complaint,” the police said and left in a swift.

“You guys go ahead. I’ll just clean the mess here. Argh! Why do they have to smash my plants,” the auntie then left the two. “Where did I see her face... I definitely know her...” she mumbled while sweeping off the floor. 

The further investigation went smoothly and the drunkards were charged with assault, illegal possession of deadly weapons and disorderly conduct. The two went back to the apartment wherein the buzz from the earlier incident finally died down as everyone went back to their own homes.

“Thank you so much for helping me tonight and I’m really sorry for inconveniencing you. I wish to repay you someday,” Yukyeong wholeheartedly stated.

“It’s fine, well if you excuse me,” the man opened the door and was about to go inside when Yukyeong grabbed his arm. Annoyed by it, he said “What!”

“Uhmm... I have a question...” she blurted out.

“What is it?”

“Can I live  here?” she asked.

-End of Chapter 2-

 

[Author's note]

This is a very late update. I am so sorry. Honestly I lost the draft of this fanfic and wasthinking back then to just rewrite everything like starting from scratch but I was really dispirited for quite a while. Now that I already graduated from college and is officially unemployed, I thought of reopening this account and continuing this story so I wrote overnight the chapter 2 and voila! Now I'm brainstorming for the chapters to come. Thank you for reading my story and continue to read it until the end. Thank you again and see you in the comment section. -noregerts