Chased Out

My Neighbor

"Have you finished the papers for the Demon?" a woman grabbed a pile of papers on her desk and started photocopying everything. "Of course. I don't want to be pierced with her claws! Not now that this company is starting to fall apart" another girl with tremendous curls responded while sipping her cup of coffee."It's her fault" the other woman butted in. "Hey! What if she hears what you've said?" the curly-haired woman answered. "So what? Everyone will surely agree, watcha think guys?" she asked and everyone nodded at her. Suddenly the workplace became awfully silent as Yukyeong entered the premise.The entire employees stopped amidst their work and bowed at her.

"Sunha, the proposal" Yukyeong went straight to the girl with curls. "Here it is, Ms. Han" Sunha handed the papers that her boss is asking. Yukyeong proceeded to her humongous room and sat at her throne.

"Miss Han, as of today, every stockholders are pulling their shares out" her secretary spoke while checking her tab. Her boss stared at her dumbfounded. "Oh no! Hurry contact them! " Yukyeong commanded as if it is a life and death situation. Actually, it is a life and death situation for her since after her father died, she had to manage their ever-growing business at a very young age, taking most of her time as a youth.

"Miss Han, they are not answering their phones" her secretary stated. "Not even one?! "she frustratedly asked and her secretary just nodded. This is nuts. "Do something!"

Her father's company is the only thing that her father left for her and she treasured it so much with her own life but everything started to fall apart when a scandal surfaced. A scandal of her. A video surfaced on the net by their former employee which surfaced on the net regarding her so-called mistreatment towards their subordinates. They haven’t made any action nor retaliation over such matter since they thought this is just a small issue with the sole reason of the uploader to gain more fame in the social media world but they didn’t expect it’d become a buzz the next morning. 

The telephone suddenly rang and her secretary answered it for her since Yukyeong is busy flipping through her phone. "Miss Han, your sister just came back from U.K. an hour ago" she stated, causing Yukyeong to spit her coffee. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!!! " she doesn't want to believe what she just heard but it was true. Of all the days, why now?! For sure she will be scolding me. I should hide.

She was about to run away when the door flew widely open with her sister Jaekyeong entering her room. "Oh, Eonnie. You're he-" Yukyeong wasn't able to finish her sentence as her sister's hand landed hardly on her face. "You brat! What do you think you're doing?! It your fault that our company is at the brink of bankruptcy" Jaekyeong intensely stared at her sister who is defenseless and guilty. "I am so sorry. Please give me a chance" Yukyeong pleaded but it seems that her sister wasn't listening to her cry. "From this day on, I will take your position and you are no more needed in this place. I don't want to see you again anymore so start packing your things and leave before I come home tonight" Jaekyeong firmly stated and purposedly shoved Yukyeong's bag placed above the table causing it to fall. She thinks she deserves to be cut off from her position in their company but not the expulsion from their own house. Tears started to roll down as she knelt before Jaekyeong. She wasn't herself. She doesn't normally plead for other's forgiveness, she never did until now. She was desperate. She had nowhere to go.

"Please, not that. I won't do anything stupid again. I promise" she grabbed her sister's hand for forgiveness. All she wants is forgiveness. At that moment, Jaekyeong punched something from the telephone. "Hello, security? Please get Yukyeong out of my office, now." she ordered on the other line. Yukyeong didn't even move from her spot until the bodyguards arrived and forced her out of the establishment.

 

 

 

She never wanted to take over the company but she had nothing to do since her sister is still finishing her doctorate degree abroad. She knows she's at fault for everything but the punishment was just too much for her to handle. She was busily packing her things while contemplating on her wrongdoings. "Yukyeong-ah, are you really leaving?" Pulip, their family's maid asked her full of concern. She was the one who took care of Yukyeong since the day she was born and she loves Yukyeong that much as if they are family. "I have nothing to do, Granny. That's my sister's order."

"Is there anything I can do?" she worriedly tapped Yukyeong's back. "It's okay, Granny. I'm okay." Of course, it was a lie. Who in the world would be okay after being chased out of her own property?

Pulip was about to leave her room when she remembered something that is so precious to Yukyeong. "Yukyeong-ah, what about your designer bags?". How can Yukyeong forget her babies. "Oh! Thank you for reminding me. I almost forgot them" she immediately went to her walk-in closet and carefully pulled her bags out of their designated racks. My poor babies. Where shall I put you all once we transferred to another place?

"I'll just prepare some food so that you could bring to your new place" Pulip left Yukyeong while fixing her things. "Are you sure about this Yukyeong-ah? You don't even know how to cook, wash the dishes, clean the house, wash your clothes and even how to fix your things" the housemaid asked for the so many times but this moment her eyes are watery. She cannot stand to watch the baby she raised for so many years to leave the house. "Yes Granny. I cannot do anything. Besides, don't you want me to be more responsible and independent?" she joked for a bit but the elder just cried and hugged her. "Granny, don't cry. You're making me cry too" Yukyeong hugged back. Yukyeong left the moment they exchanged their goodbyes.

 

 

Huh! I just left minutes ago and now I want to go back! Why are these things happening to me? Are the gods testing me? Out of billions of human in this planet, why me? What have I done? She was under the scorching heat of the sun for hours while bringing two huge luggage and also one huge travelling bag that is full. She decided to stop for a while and thought of calling her so-called friends but no one answered her, not even one. These are the times when you will know who your real friends are and it turns out no one was in that list. How stupid this situation I'm in. She continued moving and entered a high class condominium not too far from their house.

"Hello Miss. How can I help you?" a representative approached her as she entered. "Get me the penthouse" she said in her usual bossy tone.

"But Ma'am the penthouse is already occupied"

"What the ****! You've got to be kidding me!" she roared, and with that she left. It's obvious, she's in a pretty bad shape and she's not thinking straight for her to be angry for such issue. What did I just do?! I am supposed to be good but why?!!! Then, she heard her stomach growled as she walk. Maybe I'm just hungry.

 

She entered a nearby restaurant with just a footsteps away from the condominium and ordered just a diet-sized meal. Being discontented, she ordered more and ending up in ordering almost everything. Wow! I didn't know I can have this huge appetite once I get too tired. Now, my diet is ruined.  She gave her credit card to crew and waited for her card back. In not less than a minute, the waiter came back and handed her card. "Miss, your card is not working" he said. "What? Are you sure about that?" she knew what situation she was in the moment the waiter said her card wasn't functioning anymore. Her sister immediately cut her credit card. Lucky enough, she had some cash and paid for her meal. She's so cruel! Everyone's cruel to me!

It was already late at night and she's still out looking for some decent place to live. She decided to just look for an apartment since her card is already useless and she doesn't have enough funds, but still the luck is far away from her side. Everytime she finds an apartment, it's either there are no vacant spaces or they need downpayment right away which she doesn't have right now. She's not just tired, she's burnt out from everything. With just a blink of an eye, everything turned the way she wasn't expecting. All she wants right now is a place to rest.

God, Please show me any apartment. Please! I need to rest right now. I am so tired. Any apartment will do. PRETTY PLEASE!

She was about to lose hope when she found the answer to her prayers. "An apartment!" she shouted and went straight to the said apartment, but to her dismay it was a shabby one. Why this?! Is there any other option? Due to her disappointment, she pushed her luck and walked further to look for another one.

 

She was walking through a dark and creepy alley all by herself. The eerie that the alley contains is as if someone will just pop out of the trash cans and plastic garbages scattered around. Why do I feel that someone is following me?

"Look at that beautiful young lady over there" a group of men approached her, more likely drunk. She knew this kind of situation wherein a girl gets to meet goons on a dark alley and getting gang and this is definitely not good for her.

Oh . why do I have to be so picky? Lord, I am so sorry for ignoring what you've given to me.

She slowly walked backwards as she eyed each guys and with a count of three, she ran as fast as she could as if it was a life and death situation. Yeah right, it is definitely a life and death situation. She already ran past the alley but the goons are still behind her tail. Where should I go?! Please God I won't ignore your suggestions anymore. Just one more time. Save me. She looked around hoping for some bushes or trees to hide but unfortunately none were there. She was about to give up when she saw the shabby apartment she walked past a while ago. She quickly hid her luggages on the small space beneath the stairs and knocked on the lit up door upstairs.

"Is someone inside? Open the door please!" she repeatedly knocked as loud as possible so that the person inside will hear. To her luck, the door swung open. She immediately went inside without the owner's approval and closed the door. 

 

"Who are you?" a man stood in front of her. 

-End of Chapter 1-