He

Be My Boyfriend?

   

 

1

   

   

 

 

    “Are you sure,Eunji?”

    “I’m sure.”

     “I’ll hit you if it has been sold out.” 

     “Hey!How could you,Youngji?Did you ever heard ‘don’t kill the messenger’?”

      Youngji didn’t answered.She was busy putting her laptop into her green Crumpler bag.

     “That bookstore is my aunt’s.She told me that she had the book.That’s why I’m telling you this.Do you want it or not?If you want it,I’ll tell her to keep it for you.”

     “That bookstore..Where is it?”
     “Mmm,near the train station.”

     “Eunji!!Why won’t you say so?That bookstore is near to my workplace.I can go buy it earlier~”

     “You didn’t ask me.”

     Oh my god.Eunji,I’ll seriously want to kill you.Youngji felt mad at Eunji because she didn’t feel anything.But,of course Lili did not feel anything.It was not her who dropped Lily's novel into puddle!

      And,because of that,Youngji had went to all the bookstores in the town and still did not found it.She did not know that the novel will not be printed again until her beloved sister,Lily told her yesterday.Everytime she asked the worker in the bookstore she went,they will shook their head,showing that the book have been sold out.Ugh,I hate this..

      "Well,thank you so much,Eunji.I really appreaciate it.it's already evening and I need to go to that bookstore now and then home.I don't want my mom nag at me.You know how is she if I go home late."

      Eunji on the other line chuckled."I know."

      "Wait,Eunji.At what time your aunt's bookstore will close?"

      "Mmm..I'm not sure..."

      Youngji rolled her eyes."Oh,Eunji~~!"

      "But,hey.If you go now,it still open! Heheh."

      Youngji sighed and chuckled."Okey."

      "Okey.Oh yeah,Youngji,about the postgraduate station fair,are you gonna take me tomorrow?"

      "Yep.I'll take you tomorrow.In the morning."

      "Yea,I know the fair in the morning but at what time you'll take me?"

      "Eight."

      Eunji started to whine."Oh come on Youngji!!!! I still sleep at that time!"

      Youngji chuckled.She knew that Eunji was not a morning person."I don't care because if we go there late,there will be many car and I don't want to search for a parking."

      "Oh,okay,okay.I'll wait for you at eight.BUT,if you're late,I'll continue my sleep."

      Youngji pouted,acting like Eunji was there.She looked at her Tissot watch.It showed six o'clock.

      "Okay.I need to go now.I'll buy your favourite crabmeat linguini for tomorrow lunch."

      "Yeay!You're awesome,Youngji! I hope you'll get the book."

      Youngji ended the call.She pulled the string of her Crumpler King Single bag on her left shoulder.he looked around and it was only Heng and her left in the office.Today is Friday and usually people will go home earlier.After bid a goodbye to Heng,she went straight to Eunji's aunt bookstore. 

      Hope the book will still be there,please.I don't want to go find the book around the town again,Youngji prayed in her heart.Poor Lily.She really loved that novel.Actually,that book was not really damaged but some of the page had turned yellow because of the dirty puddle.She still remembered Lily's sad face when she saw that poor book slumped into the puddle in front of grandmother's house.

     The actual story was like this.Youngji borrowed the book from Lily because she wanted to read it along the ride their grandmother's house.But,you know,Youngji slept along the ride because her mother told Youngji from she was a kid until adult,she will sleep if the aircond was on.The book was on her lap all the time.Youngji woke up when they had arrived at grandmother's house.And,she opened the car's door and jumped out - well you know,I was excited at that time because we finally arrived.- before she remembered that Lily's novel still on her lap.

     And,PLUSHH!,that book fell into the puddle and some of the water splashed on her jean and her slippers that she wa wearing.

     From that moment,the 'torment' finding the book started.She knew it wa her fault,not that puddle infront of her grandmother' house.And,because of that,she need to find the new book that she deliberately put on her table in her room to remind her that she need to buy the book for Lily.

 

****

    HER WALK to the bookstore was not so far.She went into the bookstore.She had called her father to asked her if he want her to wait at her office or just wait infront of the bookstore but her father did not picked his phone.Maybe,dad have meeting now.Well,hope he'll take me.Youngji sent message to her father.But,if her father told her to wait at her office,she’ll just took the train.I don’t want to walk to the office again with this shoes!

    Youngji accidentally took her red flat pumps that made her feet blistered.Well,actually she had planned to go home with father eventhough she will go home late but she did not care about that.Then,Eunji called her and told Youngji about that book.That's why she regret that she was wearing this red shoes.Her feet hurt so much!! Just now,while on her way to the bookstore,she went passed by Hush Puppies shop.Suudennly,she felt that she wanted to go there and buy a pair of comfortable slippers.But,mum will nag at me.Youngji imagined her mum's nagging when she buy the slippers

     How much this slippers?99 dollars??

   or maybe her mother will say:you buy it again????

   Nope,not buying it.But,this shoes really hurting my feet.People felt weird whenever she told them that she hated the shoes.The shoes was flat,it had no heels.And,if she said that the shoes was not uncomfortable,this is Clark brand! I know the brand synonym with comfortable but hey! But,when she saw that shoes at the time when she went to supermarket,she wanted to buy it because the colour was red.And,it felt comfortable when she wear it - well at that TIME! - and it haad fifty percent discount so who would not buy it? So,Youngji just buy it.

    One thing that she did not know - until she wear it when she went shopping with Eunji last year - was that shoes was really hurting her feet.She was wearing it for ten minutes and her feet was blistered until it was bleeding.So,she went to buy a slipper because of her bleeding feet.And,yeah,her mom was nagging at her when she saw it.

    Because of that,this red shoes had been stored in the shelf for a long time.But,weirdly,when Youngji opened the shoes shelf and when she saw the red shoes,the shoes was like "wear me ,Youngji.Wear me..." And,she wear it.But,she put Band Aid on her feet,so if her feet started to bilstered,it will not get too much hurt.

    It's okay,Youngji.You can hold this! When Youngji walked into the store,the first thing she saw was a guy who was reading a comic at the comic section,and another guy at the counter.maybe he was buying something.Youngji just ignored the guy.But,she can't help but looked at the guy because he was wearing a green shirt.A striking green.Youngji did not like a striking colour so that's why when she saw it,that colour was too dramatic in her eyes.Eww..

   "Can I help you,miss?," a worker came to her.

   "Yeah,I want to ask you,is this book still sold int here?",Youngji said while showing the title of Lily's novel she wrote in a paper.

   The girl wrinkled her eyebrows for a second,then she looked at the shelves in front of her."Umm,it was here just now.Oh,are you a friend of Eunji unnie?"

   "Yes."

   "So that's why she called just now," the girl nodded."Well,Madam Kim got the book last week.But,only five of it.Wait,I'll ask madam." The girl went to counter.Youngji followed the girl to the counter.

    Then,at that time,she saw the guy who wear that disturbing green colour was holding the same book she was searching.

    Oh no,don't tell me that is the last copy.Please,no.Where the hell am I gonna find it after this? Huwaaa!!!!

  

 

Words: 1272