Here Comes Trouble

Snow Soo

 Minseok was concerned for Kyungsoo's safety during their absence so he recruited the assistance from the local animals. It was a pleasant surprise for Kyungsoo to discover the local forest animals were as friendly as his bunny friend at the castle. They’d agreed to keep him company until the fairies returned from their trip. When he returned to the cottage he hid the baskets of berries so when the BtoB boys came home later that day the freshly baked pies would be an unexpected treat.

Breakfast was ready and lunches were packed by the time the boy's' brain realized what their noses already understood. FOOD! Fresh, home cooked, hearty food was waiting for them. Even Ilhoon almost smiled as he bit into a still warm, freshly baked chocolate chip muffin. The mountain of pancakes soon disappeared into their bellies and Peniel joked that with Kyungsoo living with them now they would soon be fat and lazy.

There was much laughter and playful bickering before the boys had to leave to practice for their upcoming comeback. As they were preparing to leave Minhyuk cautioned Kyungsoo to not talk to any strangers and stay inside until they came home. Kyungsoo promised as he handed each boy their lunch and gave them a high five as they went out the door.

When the boys were out of sight Kyungsoo began to make each boy their own pie. He was so engrossed in his task he was startled when something blocked the light from the window. As he turned to see a stranger at the open window he was about to hurl an unbaked pie at their head until he realized the visitor was just a harmless old beggar.

"Baking berry pies are you? Didn't you know that apple pies are the favorite of everyone? I happen to have a lovely basket of apples I could let you have out of the kindness of my heart." The old beggar offered.

The forest animals weren't fooled by the Queen's tricks and went into defense mode. They did everything they could to chase the Queen away but Kyungsoo stopped them, not seeing what danger such a frail person could possibly be.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked after getting between the 'attacking' animals and the beggar.

Heechul quickly controlled the anger that was threatening to boil over and possibly expose him for who he truly was.

"Oh! My heart! Could I sit down for a moment and have a drink of water while I wait for my poor frazzled nerves to settle down?" Heechul asked in what he hoped was a pathetic voice.

"Of course you may and I'll make a nice cup of tea for you, too." Kyungsoo said as he shot a confused look at his animal friends.

The animals needed a 'plan b' when Kyungsoo shut the door of the cottage in their faces, it was decided they should get help. The fairies were dealing with someone playing pranks on the ruling family so they would be unavailable. They sent a messenger anyway in the hope it won't be too late. The next best option was to drag the BtoB boys out of the studio ASAP.

"Thank you for your kindness. To show my appreciation I'll share a little secret with you. This is a magic wishing apple and you can have it for helping me." Heechul held out the poisoned apple. "All you do is make a wish and take a bite and my dream, I mean your dream will come true."

Not wanting to be rude to a guest Kyungsoo accepted the apple. He was going to 'save it for later' but the old beggar became very insistent that he should eat it now in case one of the crazy animals came back and decided they wanted a snack. Kyungsoo felt bad when he remembered how the animals attacked the poor old stranger so he decided to concede to the beggar's wishes.

With a smile to the visitor, Kyungsoo took a bite from the apple, making a secret wish that he would someday see the handsome stranger again.

After the first bite Kyungsoo realized his deadly mistake. As he collapsed to the floor gasping for air the beggar loomed over him cackling. It was then that he saw what the animals had been trying to warn him of. The Queen was indeed evil and capable of magic.  

The racket the animals raised outside the studio could be heard over the blasting music, alerting the singers that there was trouble. The boys wasted no time getting back to the cottage but they were still too late so save Kyungsoo but not too late to see a stranger leaving their home singing "Oh yeah! The brat is dead! Long live the beautiful queen!" and doing what could best be described as a victory dance. They chased after the stranger after Minhyuk quickly checked to see if Kyungsoo was still alive. Their hearts broke when he found no pulse. He gently place Kyungsoo's wrist back to where it had been lying on his chest as he met the gazes, where hope had been seconds ago now he only sadness but it made them determined to catch the person responsible for killing their new friend.

Heechul ran as fast as he could but still being in the body of an old beggar didn't help. The BtoB boys were catching up, not really sure what was going to happen when they caught the villain but just knew that they couldn't let this stranger get away with murder.

When they finally had the fleeing figure trapped at the edge of a cliff it appeared as if they would be successful. Heechul wasn't giving up so easily. He was attempting to roll a boulder down onto his pursuers when the ground under his feet crumbled and he disappeared into the swiftly flowing river. The boys reached the edge of the crumbly cliff but could find no sign of the queen.

The BtoB boys made their way slowly back to the cottage, not wishing to face the task that awaited them upon their return to their home.

The animals had stayed behind, not wishing to leave Kyungsoo's side and while the boys were out chasing Heechul, the fairies had returned to the cottage. They remained in their animal forms so not to cause the boys any more upset.

No one could find the strength to bury Kyungsoo so the fairies created a coffin with a glass lid and left it in the forest for the BtoB boys to 'find'.

The boys placed Kyungsoo in the coffin, still unable to say goodbye to the young prince just yet. The boys and animal friends alike spent hours staring sadly at Kyungsoo's serene expression.

The sound of hoofbeats disturbed the silence. Everyone assembled in the glen turned to see the new arrival. The handsome young man dismounted and slowly approached the coffin. No one stopped him or asked why he was there. The tears streaming down his face told it's own story.

The BtoB boys removed the lid of the coffin so the young man could say goodbye properly.

The young man knelt down by the side of the coffin and gently Kyungsoo's cheek.

"I've been searching everywhere for you since you missed our date. I was worried about you. I should have never let you convince me to go without you that day! Please don't leave me!" Tears continued to fall as Kai leaned in to gently kiss Kyungsoo on the lips.

Kai rested his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder as soft sobs escaped his lips. His tears dampened the young Prince’s tunic. Kai was so lost in his misery he didn’t notice at first the slight movements of the shoulder his head was resting on.

“Do you mind? I just did the laundry yesterday!” Kai’s head snapped up at the unexpected voice. He jerked back and landed on his when he saw Kyungsoo smiling at him.

“Kyungsoo! You’re alive! I thought I’d lost you when I’d finally found you!” Kai squeaked as he jumped to his feet and scooped Kyungsoo up in his embrace.

Kyungsoo laughed down from his position of being pressed to Kai’s chest with his feet dangling far from the ground. “You can’t get rid of me that easily!” He said as he the hair off Kai’s face.

“Marry me?” Kai asked simply as he let Kyungsoo slide down to stand on his own feet.

“YES! He will!” A voice that definitely not Kyungsoo’s replied before the boy in question could respond for himself. Kyungsoo just laughed again before nodding. He pulled Kai closer for a proper kiss.

All other eyes were turned to the three oddly dressed strangers standing amongst the gathered forest animals. They were smiling and dabbing at tears but no one had seen them arrive or knew who they were except for maybe Kyungsoo who was currently busy with other things.

When there was a break in the reunion kisses Minhyuk broke the silence. “Congratulation Prince Kyungsoo I’m sure you and Prince Kai will be very happy together. Please don’t forget to visit us from time to time.” “Oh and WE’RE SO GLAD YOU’RE ALIVE!” Sungjae managed to say in between sneezes. All the boys gather around for a group hug.

“Of course I won’t forget my heros!” Kyungsoo laughed as he was being squished by all of his new friends.     

“What did I miss? Why was everyone crying? And Baekhyun I am capable of answering for myself.” Kyungsoo said when he could breath again.

“I’ll catch you up on the way back to my castle. We have a wedding waiting for us and then the wedding night!” Kai said as he waggled his eyebrows at Kyungsoo.

“You guys are all welcome to join us for the ceremony but don’t expect us to socialize after that.” Kai smirked as he helped Kyungsoo on to his horse before getting on behind him and wrapping his arms securely around his betrothed’s  waist.

The group blushed and made disgusted noises as the waved goodbye to a beet faced Kyungsoo with promises of seeing him later for the wedding.

With that being said the young princes rode off to their happily ever after. Or did they......

A/N Please forgive my slow updates and once again this chapter is in it's unedited form. :( There will be more stories in this series and I have an ending fot the entire group that I find quite amusing (could be just me though!). Upvote, coment, subscribe, live long and prosper!