o1.

Selfish

 

“Are you cold?” TaeHyung asked as you pressed yourself closer to his arm.

    “No,” you smiled up at him before looking straight, seeing the neverending sidewalk with others walking along it soothingly.

    The two of you continued to walk in silence, enjoying each other’s presence when you began to hear a group of voices speaking loudly and excitedly behind the two of you. You didn’t have to glance back to know that they had spotted TaeHyung and realized who he was. However, TaeHyung continued to remain silent as he walked beside you, trying to let the moment last longer.

    When you heard the scramble of legs, you quickly did what you always did, slowly leaving from his side to observe from afar, patiently waiting for him to finish signing autographs and taking pictures with the fans. This time, there was a bench on the side and you decided to take a seat, looking out to the river calmly. You heard TaeHyung greet them politely as they squealed by his side. He happily chatted with them as he signed their items and took pictures with them.

    That was the usual routine and he would leave quickly when he was done, however, this time the girls continued to chat with him a bit longer. You didn’t really mind, considering that you were dating him, so you continued to wait, listening in from afar on the things they were saying. They talked about his well-being, the other members, schedule, and just a lot of smiling and squealing. You didn’t really mind, but when you saw the way he smiled at them, something in you sparked. You didn’t usually get mad or annoyed over the things like this, but the way he smiled at them. It was different from the way it usually was. What made it an even bigger deal was that you had never seen him smile like a fan like that. Not during the times you were with him at least.

    A small pout slowly made its way onto your lips before you looked away from him and the girls. You stared at the river and remained silent, your arms crossing as you began to think about what that smile could have meant. He always smiled with you, and his smile was always different when he was with you. It was special, you could tell. He even told you that he would only ever smile like that for you. Yet, you couldn’t brush off that other smile he gave to the other girls.

    Your eyes slowly trailed back to them before you saw one of the girls daringly put her hand on his arm and laugh cutely. From the angle you were at, you couldn’t tell if TaeHyung had glanced at her hand when she did that. If he did, it meant he was aware and wasn’t doing anything to stop her. If he didn’t it mean he didn’t realize and was just really into the moment of being with his fans. As you continued to think and question his actions towards the girls you felt yourself beginning to fume as you sat there by yourself.

    You quickly reminded yourself to calm down, but the thought was quickly overtaken when you heard TaeHyung’s loud laugh as he clapped cheerfully. The anger you felt quickly disappeared and you turned to look at him, feeling hurt. It was so out of character but you couldn’t help it. There was definitely something different about this group of fans that you didn’t like. Other than the fact that they were able to make him laugh and smile so widely after you had already tried numerous times during your entire date. Your brows furrowed and you sighed before facing towards the river again. Before you could get into any deeper and more depressing thoughts, you shook your head and took a deep breath.

    At least five minutes passed by as they continued to talk and you started to feel exhaustion settle in. You had had a long day, and made a lot of effort into looking nice for TaeHyung and using the last of your energy to meet up with him for the rest of the time he had off that week. Finally, you couldn’t fight the urge to shut your eyes anymore and let yourself relax, your head slightly tilting to the side as you let sleep take over.

    ///

    You were suddenly shaken awake, quickly looking around until you met TaeHyung’s eyes.

    “You feel asleep?” He lightly teased you as you looked down at the ground, recollecting your thoughts of what had just happened. The smile you had seen him flash the girls quickly entered your mind and you immediately felt yourself put up a meaningless shield.

    You got off the bench and silently stood in front of him, fixing your bangs with one swipe of your hand.

    “Hey, are you okay?” He softly asked as he looked at you again.

    “Yeah,” you muttered quietly before saying, “Let’s keep going.”

    “Are you sure? You look really tired. Do you just want to go back?” He offered as you began to walk again.

    You immediately rejected the offer, for some reason feeling scared at the thought of him not wanting to hang out anymore, “No. I’m okay, really.”

    You continued to walk, slightly in front of him, leading the way. Unlike before, your arm was occupied with your jacket instead of his arm as you walked along the sidewalk. Silence filled the air as you bathed in the silence, feeling better after however long that nap was you took. You weren’t happy but you weren’t sad anymore either. TaeHyung obviously noticed as he quickened his pace and began walking by your side after a moment.

    “Is everything okay? I’m sorry for making you wait like that,” he carefully worded as he looked at the ground, sticking his hands into his pockets.

    You glanced at him from your side as he continued, “I didn’t think they would want to still talk after I told them I wasn’t just walking around.”

    Your brow quirked in interest as you finally looked up at him, to see him staring back at you quietly.

    “Are you mad at me?” He asked as he began to slow down.

    The two of you came to a full stop and you looked at him, feeling him avoid your stare.

    “Why would I be mad at you?” You asked with a soft smile making him look up at you.

    “What? So you’re not mad?” He asked innocently with wide eyes.

    You couldn’t help but smile at his reaction as you shook your head, “I’m not mad at you. That’s the last thing I’d be feeling TaeHyung.”

    “Then why are you so sad?” He automatically replied, surprising you.

    “I’m not sad,” you quickly replied. He looked at you before a small smile made it’s way onto his lips.

    “Yah, were you jealous?” He teased you as you felt yourself blush.

    “I…”

    “So you were jealous,” he chuckled before he took his hand out of his pocket and slipping yours into it, dragging you away.

    “TaeHyung wait,” you pulled back, making him stop.

    “What’s wrong then?” He asked seriously as he looked at you. “I’ve never seen you jealous.”

    You bit your lip as you tried to figure out how to word it without sounding too clingy.

    “It’s nothing really…”

    “If it was nothing you wouldn’t be acting like this. Did I do something?” He pushed you on, squeezing your hand.

    You sighed before leaning into him, resting your head against his chest, “I just didn’t like how you smiled at them. And you were laughing with them too but I couldn’t even get you to do that for the entire time we were together.”    

    “Ah,” you heard him say before he wrapped his arms around you, bringing you closer to him.

    “I’m sorry,” he mumbled into your head, “but you shouldn’t feel jealous.”

    “I know, but… it’s just that I’ve never seen  you smile like that to any of your fans,” you added quietly, squeezing the  hem of his shirt.

    “That wasn’t anything, I promise. The smile you saw is the smile that I usually give when I’m too tired and have to remind myself to stay positive in front of the fans,” he whispered as he began to rock you around. “I couldn’t let them know they were interrupting something could I?”

    You immediately felt bad after he said, realizing that you had been being selfish the entire time and only thinking of yourself when TaeHyung was probably ten times more tired. You snuggled in closer to him, wrapping your arms around his torso to give him a hug. Of all the things you could have felt, you felt jealous and ended up doing something stupid that wasn’t even necessary.

    “I’m sorry,” you looked up at him.

    Without saying anything, he leaned down and pecked your lips before placing his forehead against yours, “Why are you sorry?”

    “I was being selfish,” you sighed as you closed your eyes.

    “I like when you’re selfish though,” he chuckled, “especially when you’re being selfish about me.”